General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

It was based in London

London is pretty big to be fair. :(

General research or something in particular?

The only information they'd give me in the phone interview was that it would be based in London (didn't say where other than "Central") but I'd be needed to travel about a bit from time to time. They told me that they receive hundreds of applications for every post and the quality of the applicants is often very high, but even more noticeably during the economic crisis...

which is a nice way of sayin we looked at your cv and gave you a quick call, but you're just not related to anybody here... :icon_lol::)

:rolleyes: just found out I've been unsuccesful in my application for a post with the BBC as a location researcher.

Not surprising, but disappointing none-the-less.

Unlucky mate. You've got to keep trying though as those sorts of posts are very competitive. Hopefully it'll stand you in good stead for future applications too.

Aye, I've applied for a team sec job and a Team assistant for the sports division.

It's weird, I don't anticipate success for any of these posts, I'm guessing the majority of the applicants will have studied media at St Martins College or wherever and are all 18yrs old and built like Hannah Montana or Zac Efron.. but I still get miffed when I don't even get to the interview stage.

I mean they're not particularly taxing roles, they don't need a lot of experience, I just think I'm not aiming the applications the correct way during the selection process and it's frustrating when they don't give you a decent idea of where you went wrong.

I seen a Delorean the other day :)

I kid you not there is one parked on a back street in the next suburb north from us. It has that dull edge look to it of a kitchen knife that has seen the dishwasher one time to many.

I'm entering Sundance, why the fuck I don't know but hey like the lottery without a ticket you have no chance.

I'm done for the day... Can't leave until 4pm.

balls.

You can just spend the rest of the time in the toilet then. :)

Well it is a fucking nice toilet :(

:) just found out I've been unsuccesful in my application for a post with the BBC as a location researcher.

BBC- " What would be a suitable location for a night scene street chase?"

Fish- points out window " Over there, Giz a job"

my sister just posted that she's completed the "ways to turn me on" quiz on facebook...

:lol::jihad::icon_lol:

:)

They look like they're a close family then eh ragina? :(

I blame the cardigans and smoking jackets !!! :rolleyes:

:( just found out I've been unsuccesful in my application for a post with the BBC as a location researcher.

BBC- " What would be a suitable location for a night scene street chase?"

Fish- points out window " Over there, Giz a job"

:)

Well I havent got a ticket to see Muse today ( playing just a couple miles from where I live) So I think we will drive just along ther coast to Shaldon and have a drinkies in the pub on the beach and listen to them there, as I bet we will be able to hear them!