Too hot to sleep

Gemmill

JUst in from wortk and at 1130 it's still in the 80's here. Thermometer in the shade today read 106.

No.Fecking.Joke.

At least with the A/C on now the house is tolerable. Tomorrow looks worse but there's the chance of storms in the early evening. Hopefully it'll break some of this weather, otherwise life will be unbearable. Roll on Wed-Friday... shoreline here I come.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is unbearable is the thought it's actually going to get warmer. They reckon Wednesday is going to be the peak!

160860[/snapback]

Aye. Do you still live in London mate? They reckon it could reach 37c on Wednesday, thats insane for this country.

160861[/snapback]

;):rolleyes:

ive got the bedroom windows open, the door open and a fan blowing at full blast onto me sexy bod.

and its still warm. quarter to 1 in the morning FFS!

160898[/snapback]

You should have the fan blowing the hot air out of your room! ;)

Spare a thought for us poor buggers who've just finished work and now have to try and sleep through the heat of the day  ;)

160914[/snapback]

:rolleyes: agreed cath, just got in from night shift, dont rekon i'll get much sleep today :P

all hail the seaside and the lurverly seabreeze :P

160891[/snapback]

well i live by the sea, and theres not much breeze here :rolleyes: I really hate the heat, im not one of those who would want to travel to hotter climes in winter, i'd rather travel to colder climes in the summer!! ;)

How minging is it at the minute?  There's no fucking air about the place. ;)

160844[/snapback]

Now is where I get my payback after the long, cold winter. You soft bastard. When it gets to 45 degrees then you can talk to me about heatwaves. I slept well last night UNDER my duvet and it was much warmer in Harrow than it was in the north.

Once again, anyone complaining about this so called "heat" is softer than Scott's appendage in the presence of a hot, naked female.

How minging is it at the minute?  There's no fucking air about the place. :rolleyes:

160844[/snapback]

Now is where I get my payback after the long, cold winter. You soft bastard. When it gets to 45 degrees then you can talk to me about heatwaves. I slept well last night UNDER my duvet and it was much warmer in Harrow than it was in the north.

Once again, anyone complaining about this so called "heat" is softer than Scott's appendage in the presence of a hot, naked female.

160931[/snapback]

I just slept on top of the covers in the end, Stephen. It was not a problem. ;)

And I had a shower BEFORE bed, AND when I woke up this morning. I bet the night-before-showerers are still doing that, even in this weather. :P

all hail the seaside and the lurverly seabreeze ;)

160891[/snapback]

With any luck because of your sarcasm, karma will gain revenge and cause erosion resulting in your house to plummet into the sea.

160894[/snapback]

Or his dad will make him get a job this summer.

all hail the seaside and the lurverly seabreeze :rolleyes:

160891[/snapback]

With any luck because of your sarcasm, karma will gain revenge and cause erosion resulting in your house to plummet into the sea.

160894[/snapback]

Or his dad will make him get a job this summer.

160936[/snapback]

;):rolleyes::P

is canny bad like, far too hot, sweating like fuck when trying to and sleeping

i was expecting some sort of comment on the night before shower people when i read Gemmill's post, they must stink in the morning when they go in to work ;)

And I had a shower BEFORE bed, AND when I woke up this morning.  I bet the night-before-showerers are still doing that, even in this weather. :rolleyes:

160935[/snapback]

Gotta be both in this weather. :P

I couldn't sleep last night for the heat, I can't even open my window because I live in a bungalow and my window is clearly visible from the front street so wouldn't want to risk it. ;)

Yep - shower before bed and another this morning was definitely required. Same again tonight!

Bet there's a few who haven't had one since the weekend!