Damien Duff

Akabusi

If it comes off I think Zog will be moving inside to a three man midfield with Emre and Parker with Duff joing a three man attack with Milner and Ameobi or Luque.

It's been well documented that Charlie prefers a more central role.

162453[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure Souness is the only one who's ever said that, and, as has already been said, he's looked pretty out of his depth when played there...by Souness. As for him playing at left-back, he's always tracking back as he's got the commitment and energy, but he's a pretty woeful tackler.

Very exciting winger, all the attributes; can't see him adapting to another position.

Oh, and Duff has played up front for Ireland a couple of times, and I think a few more for the U21s, he's looked reasonable at it, can't see him filling Bellamy's boots, he's not annoying enough.

I'm a little underwhelmed at the price we're paying, as I fear Shola is going to be our main target man, but maybe it's a sign that there's more money to spend than we think? Or Freddie is expanding into the lucrative Down Syndrome market and hoping the extra shirt sales will cover this transfer.

162486[/snapback]

;);):lol::lol::razz::razz::icon_lol:

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.com aren't usually wrong about these things are they?

162499[/snapback]

They don't tend to commit on a story until they've got some inside track on it. We'll see though, because if Spurs came in with a better offer, it could be all change. Supposedly they're miles off in terms of the wage Duff wants though - he's supposedly already taking a £10k per week cut to come here.

Hasn't their solid reputation been somewhat tarnished over the last few years?

And sponsored links to Setanta? They better never complain about the monetisation of football again tbh.

And sponsored links to Setanta?  They better never complain about the monetisation of football again tbh.

162511[/snapback]

Aye I mentioned that yesterday. Sell-outs tbh.

And sponsored links to Setanta?  They better never complain about the monetisation of football again tbh.

162511[/snapback]

I think they've lost their insider(s) at the club but I think they still don't report on something until it's quite likely. They just don't steal a march like they used to. I would agree that site has gone to the dogs a bit. Still better then the N-O main site though ;)

Still better then the N-O main site though ;)

162526[/snapback]

How dare you question the quality of a site with such well researched and thought out articles as "Why Anelka would be a Crap Signing". Blasphemy!

I'm sure they said Brett Emerton was a done deal, along with Oliver, but they don't seem to get the stick for it.

I just don't like the miserable cunts, so I may be slightly biased.

I'm sure they said Brett Emerton was a done deal, along with Oliver, but they don't seem to get the stick for it.

I just don't like the miserable cunts, so I may be slightly biased.

162531[/snapback]

Neither do I and I find it quite amusing that they're site has gone to the dogs a bit although they're probably making more cash out of it now. Despite their smug attitude it used to be a good site though. Now it's (at best) average.

Taken from Spurs' forum...

If Newcastle blow their summer transfer budget on a LW then they are a more stupid and badly run club than I ever thought possible. It is the one, and only, position they don't need to strengthen. N'Zogbia is their best young player by a mile, but Milner, Emre, Luque can all cover that position in various ways, it seems the best position of all those players.

If it was any other club, logic would tell you it wouldn't happen, but Newcastle do strange things all the time. (eg paying Bowyer 40k p/w, wtf!!?) It would be another promising career down the toilet.

Cannot say I disagree like...

I know, we need 2 strikers, 2 fullbacks and a decent centre back desperately. We are apparently skint an all!

Not quite sure how a £10mil winger on £60k a week coming from the league champions fits into roeders ''wont see us as a move down'' thinking?

Unless of course hes more of a shepherd signing!?

Spurs are gonna be pissed if we pull this one off - particularly after we beat them to Scott Parker's signature as well! ;)

162444[/snapback]

But we won't pull it off because he's going to Liverpool isnt' he. ;)

162446[/snapback]

It's what I'd heard, yes...

I won't be fucking complaining if I'm wrong though :lol:

Could we not play Duff up front in the Bellamy (fast annoying bloke) role and keep Zog on the left wing?  Bellamy wasn't prolific in front of goal, but his running and pace created opportunities for others, and he chipped in with goals as well.  Or am I doing a reverse Souness?

162449[/snapback]

Nah, good point. I think Duff could play there (pretty sure he's played that role a few times for Rep. of Ireland).

162450[/snapback]

Plays there regularly for EIRE apparently, and effectively by all accounts ;)

162559[/snapback]

It's not an acronym, nerdling. ;)

.com aren't usually wrong about these things are they?

162499[/snapback]

They don't tend to commit on a story until they've got some inside track on it. We'll see though, because if Spurs came in with a better offer, it could be all change. Supposedly they're miles off in terms of the wage Duff wants though - he's supposedly already taking a £10k per week cut to come here.

162505[/snapback]

Am loving .COM's sly dig at the Chronicle mind ;)

162559[/snapback]

It's not an acronym, nerdling. ;)

162562[/snapback]

I know....I always type it in caps though for some reason 'Eire' just doesn't look right to me :lol:

I know....I always type it in caps though for some reason 'Eire' just doesn't look right to me  ;)

162570[/snapback]

Of course a free Eire doesn't look right to you, it's in your genes. ;)