Damien Duff

Akabusi

I'm willing to put my 1991 World Championship 4x400m relay Gold medal on Duff being a Mag by early next week.

162760[/snapback]

:lol:

162761[/snapback]

Funny, I was just thinking about that race when 'Kris' came back online. Fucking ledge for that final leg like.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apprently Duff has already turned Liverpool down, him and his agent a bit bizarre by all accounts, will be in Newcastle having his medical at some point today.

I'm willing to put my 1991 World Championship 4x400m relay Gold medal on Duff being a Mag by early next week.

162760[/snapback]

lol

funniest post of the day inmyopiniontastic

I've already got Wullie on record as saying he's absolutely bel-biv-devo'd on this one btw.  Haven't I, Wullie? :lol:

162398[/snapback]

;)

Unbelievable that one of the only people in this thread with his head screwed on is the fucking Spurs fan. Where's Renton when you need him?

I've already got Wullie on record as saying he's absolutely bel-biv-devo'd on this one btw.  Haven't I, Wullie? :lol:

162398[/snapback]

:finger:

Unbelievable that one of the only people in this thread with his head screwed on is the fucking Spurs fan. Where's Renton when you need him?

162769[/snapback]

I bet you don't even make daft signings when you play FM do you. "Ronaldinho has issued a come and get me plea, has he? Well I need full backs!" ;)

162398[/snapback]

162769[/snapback]

I bet you don't even make daft signings when you play FM do you. "Ronaldinho has issued a come and get me plea, has he? Well I need full backs!" ;)

162771[/snapback]

If I already had, say, Riquelme, Ballack and Pirlo in that position, was in debt and had Babayaro and Carr at full back, do you know what, I think I'd knock him back. :finger:

162398[/snapback]

:angry:

162769[/snapback]

162771[/snapback]

If I already had, say, Riquelme, Ballack and Pirlo in that position, was in debt and had Babayaro and Carr at full back, do you know what, I think I'd knock him back. :finger:

162772[/snapback]

BOOOORING! I'd sign him, blow my transfer AND wage budget and enter a race to the death to see if I could win the league before Shepherd sacked me for failing to manage the club's finances.

I think that's where we differ. :finger:

BOOOORING!  I'd sign him, blow my transfer AND wage budget and enter a race to the death to see if I could win the league before Shepherd sacked me for failing to manage the club's finances.

I think that's where we differ.  :lol:

162774[/snapback]

Throwing fiscal caution to the wind in a computer game giving the accountant a hard-on tbh.

Having met Wullie in person I find his online persona even funnier.

162780[/snapback]

162783[/snapback]

Don't take offence man! You're nowhere near as miserable in real life is all I meant you muppet!

BOOOORING!  I'd sign him, blow my transfer AND wage budget and enter a race to the death to see if I could win the league before Shepherd sacked me for failing to manage the club's finances.

I think that's where we differ.  :lol:

162774[/snapback]

Throwing fiscal caution to the wind in a computer game giving the accountant a hard-on tbh.

162778[/snapback]

I'm the WILD MAN of the finance world tbh. Think Alexei Lalas in pinstripe.

162780[/snapback]

;)

162783[/snapback]

Don't take offence man! You're nowhere near as miserable in real life is all I meant you muppet!

162784[/snapback]

I'm a real barrel of fun in person, man. :lol:

162780[/snapback]

162783[/snapback]

162784[/snapback]

I'm a real barrel of fun in person, man. :finger:

162788[/snapback]

Steady now ;)

Liverpool, Tottenham and Newcastle are believed to be vying for the capture of Damien Duff.

According to Sky Sports News, Chelsea have given Duff's agent permission to speak with the Premiership trio.

Blues boss Jose Mourinho declared earlier this week that he would allow the Irishman to leave Stamford Bridge if the right offer came in, sparking immediate speculation about where he might go next.

Tottenham expressed an interest in Duff some time ago as they tabled an unsuccessful £5 million bid.

Spurs were expected to up the ante following Mourinho's comments but may now have to pull out all the stops with rival heavyweights Newcastle and Liverpool entering the race to snap up the winger.

Magpies boss Glenn Roeder has been frustrated this summer in his attempts to attract top class performers to the North East, but has reassured fans that he is still hoping to strengthen.

The whole club are in need of a boost following Alan Shearer's retirement and Michael Owen's injury, and a player of Duff's calibre would undoubtedly satisfy a demanding set of supporters.

Their chances of landing the 27-year-old flyer could recede this weekend though if they were to crash out of Europe against Lillestrom.

Liverpool's interest is the most surprising, with Reds boss Rafa Benitez insisting that his priority was the right side of midfield, not the left.

However, the Spaniard is determined to turn his side into genuine Premiership contenders and is keen to take every opportunity to bolster his squad.

Having already secured the likes of Craig Bellamy and Mark Gonzalez, it is evident that Benitez has put a lot of emphasis on pace, while the prospect of UEFA Champions League football could sway Duff towards Anfield.

The situation is sure to become clearer over the coming days, as Duff, Chelsea and the three admirers all weigh up their next move.

Liverpool, Tottenham and Newcastle are believed to be vying for the capture of Damien Duff.

According to Sky Sports News, Chelsea have given Duff's agent permission to speak with the Premiership trio.

Blues boss Jose Mourinho declared earlier this week that he would allow the Irishman to leave Stamford Bridge if the right offer came in, sparking immediate speculation about where he might go next.

Tottenham expressed an interest in Duff some time ago as they tabled an unsuccessful £5 million bid.

Spurs were expected to up the ante following Mourinho's comments but may now have to pull out all the stops with rival heavyweights Newcastle and Liverpool entering the race to snap up the winger.

Magpies boss Glenn Roeder has been frustrated this summer in his attempts to attract top class performers to the North East, but has reassured fans that he is still hoping to strengthen.

The whole club are in need of a boost following Alan Shearer's retirement and Michael Owen's injury, and a player of Duff's calibre would undoubtedly satisfy a demanding set of supporters.

Their chances of landing the 27-year-old flyer could recede this weekend though if they were to crash out of Europe against Lillestrom.

Liverpool's interest is the most surprising, with Reds boss Rafa Benitez insisting that his priority was the right side of midfield, not the left.

However, the Spaniard is determined to turn his side into genuine Premiership contenders and is keen to take every opportunity to bolster his squad.

Having already secured the likes of Craig Bellamy and Mark Gonzalez, it is evident that Benitez has put a lot of emphasis on pace, while the prospect of UEFA Champions League football could sway Duff towards Anfield.

The situation is sure to become clearer over the coming days, as Duff, Chelsea and the three admirers all weigh up their next move.

162802[/snapback]

Send that to a few Spurs fans, they'll be fucking seething!! :lol:

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder has refused to confirm or deny his club's interest in Chelsea winger Damien Duff, who is wanted by Tottenham.

The Magpies are understood to have entered into negotiations over a £10million swoop for the Republic of Ireland international.

However, as he conducted his pre-match press conference on Friday ahead of the Intertoto Cup clash with Lillestrom at the Arasen Stadium in Oslo, Roeder was giving nothing away.

He said: "As you know, on a daily basis we are linked will all sorts of players.

"I think if we were to sign every player that we were linked with, we'd be confident of taking on Chelsea next year for the Premiership.

"It doesn't surprise me that we are linked with someone of quality, but you have to expect competition.

"That suggests they are very, very good players anyway. You wouldn't want to be signing players that no-one else wants, would you?"

Chairman Freddy Shepherd has been equally reticent and there has been no comment from Chelsea either.

However, it appears that the Magpies have edged ahead of Spurs in the race to sign Duff, who cost the Blues £17million when he joined them from Blackburn three summers ago.

Source: http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...1353571,00.html

Given Roeder's insistance to immediately dampen down any rumours which are tabloid bullshit, I think we can safely deduce that we are seriously persuing Duff :lol:

Any more news then?

162866[/snapback]

I haven't heard anything more, but seeing as there isn't a jizz-fest on the BBC about Liverpool being interested, I'm not giving up hope just yet....

we are evens to sign Duff, whereas spurs are 4/7 to sign him, according to william hill.

To be honest, I'm not bothered if we get him or not. I don't think he would make a significant differance to our team, not one worth 10 million. Rather have a striker for £7mill and a full back for £3mill, and a terry's chocolate orange for £1.69