Damien Duff

Akabusi

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch that video and tell me we don't need a player of that quality tbh. I'm aware it's a compilation of best bits, but he's a player we all know about, so it's not like I'm doing a spot of scouting-by-youtube. He would get in the team ahead of any of our current wide men and he'd get a game up front ahead of any of our current strikers. FACTATTACK!

Watch that video and tell me we don't need a player of that quality tbh.  I'm aware it's a compilation of best bits, but he's a player we all know about, so it's not like I'm doing a spot of scouting-by-youtube.  He would get in the team ahead of any of our current wide men and he'd get a game up front ahead of any of our current strikers.  FACTATTACK!

162903[/snapback]

Those deft touches when he's the middle man on a one-two are awesome.

The bloke can play on either flank or through the middle - and is a class act.

Watch that video and tell me we don't need a player of that quality tbh.  I'm aware it's a compilation of best bits, but he's a player we all know about, so it's not like I'm doing a spot of scouting-by-youtube.  He would get in the team ahead of any of our current wide men and he'd get a game up front ahead of any of our current strikers.  FACTATTACK!

162903[/snapback]

depends how much money we have. Priorities. There are far more urgent positions that need looking at. I'd rather have 2 strikers and 2 fullbacks in before we start looking at Duff. Regarldess of where he has played in the past he's best wide left, you dont spend 10 mill on a player to not play him in his best position. Looking like one to get people excited and paper over the cracks... again :lol:

A class act he may be but can we afford to blow such a huge amount of cash on one player? That money , overall, could be put to much better use*

*assuming we are as skint as everyone thinks and says we are

Edited by luckypierre

I refuse to get excited until I see him score a goal in our shirt to be honest.

J69 is right in that Duff doesn't play in a position that is a priority, but It hink that he is of the quality that we would be foolish to let an opportunity like this go by.

it's a similar situation to Owen, in that a very good player becomes available for a decent price and we're one of the few clubs that can afford the fee AND the wages.

go for Duff, but I'd hope to see more than just the one signing this summer.

162903[/snapback]

I'll send you a link to Luque's if you want, who in Spain looked a better player than Duff.

Different positions mind :lol:

I don't doubt that Duff is a fantastic player. But I also rate Buffon as a better goalkeeper than Given...

When the press keeps reminding us that we have little money to spend as the previous tosser threw 50m out of the window and that we are lacking genuine goalscorers then I find it really strange to sign a player we actually don't need that much and who has a poor injury record. Add to it that the turnover/wage ratio has become rather unhealthy and that Duff was on alleged 70k a week (he definitely will be pretty happy to earn less than Dyer when they sit together in the stands - injured)...

Duff is a fantastic player, but unless we don't also sign some much needed strikers and some decent fullbacks then I can't really get excited about the deal.

Newcastle United PLC Statement re: Damien Duff

THE Board of Newcastle United PLC are pleased to announce that contracts have been exchanged with Chelsea Football Club for the transfer of Damien Duff.

The player, having agreed terms, is currently undergoing a medical.

I am still worried about what's going to happen on the striker situation now...

Good signing though.

162930[/snapback]

Still got another £20m to spend according to some on NO :lol:

Anyway, not only are we the 5th best team in the world signing England internationals, we're also signing Ireland internationals. More weight to the LM argument ;)