Roeder......

Jimbo

I find the stick Roeder is getting from the Cockernys is pathetic, football fans spend 90 mins singing and taking the piss, a manager gives his fans a wave and there is uproar !

Pathetic !

Guest Patrokles

I find the stick Roeder is getting from the Cockernys is pathetic, football fans spend 90 mins singing and taking the piss, a manager gives his fans a wave and there is uproar !

Pathetic !

Fair play, he's been getting worse from some Newcastle fans recently.

Pathetic !

Something the team deserved because of the delivery...

Guest Patrokles

Pathetic !

Still, I'd like to think maybe after a few more displays like today, some of the critics would be big enough to give him some credit. We'll see, I suppose.

Pathetic !

Still, I'd like to think maybe after a few more displays like today, some of the critics would be big enough to give him some credit. We'll see, I suppose.

I give the team and the manager all the credit they deserve today.

I think Roeder seems like a nice guy as a person, but sometimes too fucking nice. I could barely watch the end of his post match interview due to him being "SO SORRY" about upsetting anyone. Fuck them. STOP SAYING SORRY a million times, tell them to get fucked and go and cry home to their mothers as we won. And if you have to apologise, once is enough, you soft shite.

He was absolutely milking it though. Waved probably 5 or 6 times, and then did one of those jumps with fist in the air thing - that pissed off the West Ham's fans - a mass load of them started streaming from around that stand down to near the dugout to abuse him and a fuckload of police an stewards were called in.

Still, the funniest part of that episode was the two asian tourists who sat through that whole period, reading the programme.

What were they chanting about brain tumours? I heard them chanting "You're the reason we went down" and "Stand up if you hate Roeder".

Bitter cockney arseholes. Good on Roeder for milking it today tbh. I would have been giving the crowd massive chinny reck-ons if I'd been him. "JIMMY FUCKING HILL!!"

Regardless of how many times he waved, chants about brain tumours are out of order. Even a Hammers fan complained about it on 606.

Thats what pisses me off, fans can be hostile and abusive, scream and hurl abuse at opposition players taking a corner, but waving is inciting the crowd.

What were they chanting about brain tumours? I heard them chanting "You're the reason we went down" and "Stand up if you hate Roeder".

Bitter cockney arseholes. Good on Roeder for milking it today tbh. I would have been giving the crowd massive chinny reck-ons if I'd been him. "JIMMY FUCKING HILL!!"

I'm the same, fans up and down the country can dish it out but they can never take it back and act like little brats when it doesn't go there way.

If i was Roeder and we're 2-0 up i'd have spent all the last 5-10 mins winding the fuckers up and tough shit if they didn't like it!

I couldn't make it out, but they made reference to it on Radio Newcastle and 606.

I think Roeder seems like a nice guy as a person, but sometimes too fucking nice. I could barely watch the end of his post match interview due to him being "SO SORRY" about upsetting anyone. Fuck them. STOP SAYING SORRY a million times, tell them to get fucked and go and cry home to their mothers as we won. And if you have to apologise, once is enough, you soft shite.

Couldn't agree more! A simple "I was pleased that we won the game and I acknowledged our fans. If the West Ham fans don't like that then tough shit." would have sufficed.

Aye he was a bit too pleasant about them for my liking. Especially after the reaction he got for simply celebrating a win ffs - the singing and ludicrously angry idiots trying to batter him. Thick cockney arseholes.

He should have said "I did nothing wrong and can't understand the reaction. I guess they don't like their old manager coming back and getting one over on them. That's life."

Aye he was a bit too pleasant about them for my liking. Especially after the reaction he got for simply celebrating a win ffs - the singing and ludicrously angry idiots trying to batter him. Thick cockney arseholes.

He should have said "I did nothing wrong and can't understand the reaction. I guess they don't like their old manager coming back and getting one over on them. That's life."

"Bringing the game into disrepute" tbh. :lol:

Pathetic !

I am not a Roeder fan and still do not think he is the answer for Newcastle, I hope he proves me wrong.

But.. he is entitled to enjoy yesterdays performance and win especially as it was his two signings which were the matchwinners.

West Ham fans are wankers tbh

They gave him stick when he was their manager and therefore should expect him to be pleased with the result yesterday. The pathetic monkey cock suckers!

They are never content giving Pardew stick and they think its the given right to win just becuase a couple of their players were in the 1966 World Cup squad

FUCK OFF!

It's A Funny Old Game

"I apologise if I upset the West Ham fans. I apologise to anyone with anything to do with West Ham. The last thing I wanted to do on my return to Upton Park was to cause a riot or anything like that."

So said Glenn Roeder after watching his side beat West Ham, demonstrating once again just how crazy football is.

Roeder had endured 80 minutes of West Ham fans singing about his family and his past health problems, before applauding the travelling Newcastle fans - many of whom were just halfway through a 550 mile round-trip on a Sunday afternoon to support their side - when they sang his name in a more complimentary way than their chirpy cockney counterparts.

Roeder owes West Ham's fans very little. While he did get them relegated - on a record 42 points, mind - the unsavoury incidents that surrounded his last months at the club more than levelled the score. Few things in football have left as nasty a taste in the mouth as angry Hammers fans smashing the windows of Roeder's family home as he was recovering from life-saving brain surgery.

It's probably important to clarify here that Mediawatch does not refer to that incident as typical of West Ham fans. Every club has an undesirable element amongst its fans.

The reaction to Roeder's actions, though, suggests that about 30,000 of West Ham's undesirable element were in Upton Park on Saturday.

Worryingly, that is symptomatic of football in recent years.

It now seems to be the case that it's fine for players or managers to be the subject of 90 minutes of abuse, but any response - even one as comical as Gary Neville's celebration of ManYoo's victory over Liverpool last season - is enough to, in Roeder's words, "cause a riot".

Still, at least the Newcastle manager has had the good sense to apologise before the idiots at the FA charge him for bringing the game into disrepute or something equally ridiculous.

From Mediawatch on F365. Courtesy of Gay Dave the Mod on N-O. :lol: