Panorama

Happy Face

Managers, agents and clubs will be concerned viewers when Panorama's investigation into football corruption is televised on Tuesday night.

Titled 'Undercover: Football's Dirty Secrets', the programme seeks to expose the game's alleged bung culture.

It is based around filmed conversations between agents and undercover journalists posing as representatives of a new agency called Dynamic Soccer.

Harry Redknapp is one manager who has been filmed by the investigation team, although the Portsmouth boss has strenuously denied any wrongdoing.

Tensions over the programme's possible revelations mounted last week when reports surfaced that Middlesbrough were one of the clubs implicated.

Boro moved quickly to issue a statement denying they were a club named by investigators and the BBC backed up their claim by confirming they were not involved.

The strength of the evidence accumulated by Panorama is largely unknown but football will be braced for an expose that could do heavy damage to the game's image.

The BBC believe they have uncovered some damning testimony that will "rock football".

"A record of around £300million was spent on players in the Premiership this summer alone," reads their promotional text for the programme.

"For the first time an undercover team, which infiltrated the murky world of football for a year, will reveal the extraordinary depth of dishonesty, flagrant rule breaking and outright corruption in the nation's favourite and wealthiest sport.

"On the eve of the official Lord Stevens inquiry report into skulduggery in the beautiful game, this secret camera investigation - naming top agents, clubs and managers who are cheating their supporters - delivers evidence he won't have but which will rock football."

Former Metropolitan police commissioner Lord Stevens, who has been asked by the Premier League to conduct the official inquiry into bungs, is due to reveal his findings on October 2.

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore insists the top flight's governing body will be ready to punish any parties found guilty of corruption.

"What we've always said is we'll go where the evidence leads us. I, at this stage, do not know what will be in the Lord Stevens inquiry," he said.

I'm afraid to watch.

:lol:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid that we're gonna be implicated, but also kind of hopeful. Our club's rotten to the core, maybe it's time someone cleaned it up.

bollocks man. we're the 5th best side in the premier league.

oh. wait a minute :lol:

Had a look at the clip on the Newsnight website, some of it looks quite juicy. The bit about Charleloi looked a little flimsy but Charles Collymore more or less names and shames.

I don't care who's involved-it'll be better for everyone if those guilty get the appropriate kicking.

I'm afraid that we're gonna be implicated, but also kind of hopeful. Our club's rotten to the core, maybe it's time someone cleaned it up.

Some day a real rain's gonna come.....

If owts going to happen it will be to us. Imagine if the club is deducted points cos we pulled a cunts trick to get boumsong on our team. FFS :lol:

I think we've got more to worry about with the tax thing going on. There's been no mention of clubs being complicit, just managers who're open to getting what they can. If Souness is dragged through the mud - champion. If Roeder is - meh, he was going to be sacked by christmas anyhow :lol: .

....and Freddy's the man for that job. With a team of all Geordie forensic accountants and auditors. *dances in the street with lercal pride*

Was Kevin Bond at West Ham on Sunday? Or is he still on personal leave? Could be on permanent leave tomorrow depedant on what is said tonight...

Still on personal leave I think. Pretty much sounds like he's been suspended from involvement tbh.

I see Mike Newell has named the agent that offered him a bung. Unfortunately it isn't Willie McKay.

Shite, I missed it, what was the outcome?

Any repeat on?

:lol::lol::lol:

Pure class

Should be a good watch, ill be taping it as Ill be out :nufc:

:lol: Thinking a Monday night was a Tuesday night? Comedy GOLD! KCG, where do I sign up to become a comedian?

I am on my knees praying that they have film of a certain Scotsman with a knighthood busy filling his kit bag with £10 notes...............

Unlikely I know but we have to dream.................................