What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Tried but it wants me to sign up for a free trial. 

I suppose if you don’t have a Spotify account/app it would probably be the same 🤷🏻‍♂️

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That’s fuckin ace cheers :D 

Yeah. I’ve got the CD from back in the day. Loads of the Bukem mixes are also with MC Conrad. I don’t really mind MCs but he always sounded like he had a blocked-up nose :lol: Anyway, that’s just the man himself in the mix. It’s quality 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I suppose if you don’t have a Spotify account/app it would probably be the same 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aye, if I click your link and select YouTube Music, which I do have a subscription to, it plays straight away through the YouTube music app. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, if I click your link and select YouTube Music, which I do have a subscription to, it plays straight away through the YouTube music app. 

That’s clever… 

Tidal sounded weird through my phone this morning but you can tell the difference through the van speakers… I’ll hook it up to the amp later and properly give it a blast….the only drawback I see is convincing the now semi-permanent Mrs PL to change from Spotify…she likes the release radar and curated playlists…. 😒

• 2 weeks later...

this absolute fucking stonker just popped up on random player on me bluetooth speaker.

for those of us who aren't of a certain vintage, slaughter and the dogs were a manchester punk band, the guitar solo on this would put most rock/heavy metal stuff to shame.

classic,  :)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Thanks 1

RIP MC Conrad.

Hard to put this into words how gutted I am by this. The bloke was an absolute legend and I'm genuinely devastated.

Logical Progression is the album that got my into drum n bass as a teenager and it is still my favourite genres of music 30 years later. 

i was lucky to see him and LTJ Bukem play in Sheffield around 97 or 98 at a club formerly know as the Music Factory - I don't think it even exists anymore. 

He blew my mind on stage too. An absolute master of the craft. A host really, no big ego like most MCs. He knew when to spit bars and when to shut up and let the music breathe. 

Enjoy this classic 

Gloom, do you want a copy of Ableton Live Lite. 8 tracks to play with, you can mash up all your Conrad Poohs stuff. 

I'm serious BTW, I've got two activation codes for this thing just sitting around doing nowt. Anyone else has a use for it just shout. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Gloom, do you want a copy of Ableton Live Lite. 8 tracks to play with, you can mash up all your Conrad Poohs stuff. 

I'm serious BTW, I've got two activation codes for this thing just sitting around doing nowt. Anyone else has a use for it just shout. 

aye, go on and slide into my DMs 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

aye, go on and slide into my DMs 

Sent.  

One down, one to go. 

Anyone else?  Anyone have any kids interested in this kind of stuff? 

26 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

What is it? :lol:

It's a Digital Audio Workstation, which is a recording studio in your laptop cos nobody uses tape anymore. In this case it's a maximum of 8 tracks. So it's basically the 21st century equivalent of when kids used to have Tascam 4 and 8 tracks to record their bands onto cassettrs in the 80s/90s, and possibly earlier, I wouldn't know :lol:

Ableton has sort of a unique setup called Session View which lends itself to DJ stuff too, which is why I thought Gloom might be interested, but you can also record normal instruments (guitars) into it, and there's loads of places online where you can get drum loops and stuff and build out songs. 

You need a half decent laptop (8gb ram) for it not to just kill your computer, and if you're wanting to plug a guitar in you need an audio interface (think external sound card that is much better than the one that comes with your laptop), which you can get for less than a hundred quid. Once you've got an audio interface you can plug keys and all sorts through that and record on to your computer. 

It comes with a sampler too so you can (for example) chop up drum tracks into individual hits and then create your own drum track by stitching the sample clips back together. Like the old school hip hop lot would do. 

Or you can just drop multiple MP3s into different tracks and make your own Wham megamixes. :lol:

Anyway, it's free to a good home cos I've ended up getting two activation codes for it but I've already got Ableton anyway. 

First time I used one was this software called Reaper and I couldn't fucking believe that you could do this stuff in your own computer. 

• Like 2