What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

The Clientele - Strange Geometry

Dreamy Byrdsian album from one of the lesser hyped British bands. Admittedly they don't fit into the Nu Wave pop revisionism that's very much in vogue right now but there's scarcely been a better album this year than this one. For me certainly their best yet and a perfect accompaniment to that lovely numbness a quart of whiskey can bring.  Really how can you not fall in love with those dreamy guitars?

71268[/snapback]

It sounds quite good on first listen. Nice and different from the norm.

Terence trent d'arby -sign your name

71672[/snapback]

sign your name acrossssssss ma heart.....

71674[/snapback]

classic toon....now onto "if you let me stay" :D

71676[/snapback]

if you let me staaaaaaaayaaaaaayyyyy I'll say what I shouldv said...

Terence trent d'arby -sign your name

71672[/snapback]

sign your name acrossssssss ma heart.....

71674[/snapback]

classic toon....now onto "if you let me stay" :D

71676[/snapback]

if you let me staaaaaaaayaaaaaayyyyy I'll say what I shouldv said...

71679[/snapback]

sad bastad.... I fort I was the only one left who remembered the words.... :blush:

Jesus Lizard - Liar

This is probably a rip-off of my last Lizard rant but really for mad bar-room ballistics there has never been anyone better. Animal energy, violence, uncommunicative communciation. Growling, gurning, just furious sounds ejaculating out of every pore. This is rock music which laughs at such a tag as any self respecting band should do. A genius band, massively underrated in their lifetime and still unsurprisingly almost forgotten. Check them out while they're still a foot-note. In a few years you'll not even find them on google. Well maybe you will but the links will all be broken. Growl.

Jesus Lizard - Liar

This is probably a rip-off of my last Lizard rant but really for mad bar-room ballistics there has never been anyone better. Animal energy, violence, uncommunicative communciation. Growling, gurning, just furious sounds ejaculating out of every pore. This is rock music which laughs at such a tag as any self respecting band should do. A genius band, massively underrated in their lifetime and still unsurprisingly almost forgotten. Check them out while they're still a foot-note. In a few years you'll not even find them on google. Well maybe you will but the links will all be broken. Growl.

72628[/snapback]

Panic in Cicero is on the Clerks Soundrack. All out anarchy sums it up well. Fits the scene well. Would consider looking into them.

Hey, if a shit film gets you into good music then who am I to complain. I haven't heard the track in question. I'll look into it. Must be on one of their later "disappointing" albums. Consider getting Liar and Goat, they're the two I'd most heartily recommend, seeing as I don't have any of their others and I've read they're a bit, well...

Hey, if a shit film gets you into good music then who am I to complain. I haven't heard the track in question. I'll look into it. Must be on one of their later "disappointing"  albums. Consider getting Liar and Goat, they're the two I'd most heartily recommend, seeing as I don't have any of their others and I've read they're a bit, well...

72642[/snapback]

Thou shan't speak ill of Clerks, a prodding with a pointy stick awats you ;)

But seriously, yeah I will check them out.