Tough Times

Guest Patrokles

Guest Patrokles

I've noticed right now that just about everyone I know (and, to a lesser extent, myself) is having to deal with some pretty heavy stuff right now, all of which is beyond their control. It seems as though everything is going wrong/falling apart for a lot of people I know all over the world. I was curious as to whether anyone else has noticed similar patterns of things fucking up at this time/over the past few weeks.

I'm aware, before anyone points it out, that bad things happen all the time in every day living. But I'm talking above and beyond that.

Edited by Patrokles

Life sucks big style tbqf.

Fiancee left me a few months ago, finances are a complete mess. Found out last night that I can't remortgage because I've too much debt in my name (as I was a stupid fool and took out a couple of loans for her!). So I'm left hoping she'll do the honourable thing and transfer them to her name.

Oh... and there's a big role reschuffle going on at work so I could end up out of a job!

:good:

My car insurance is due next month and it has gone up, my Maximo Park tickets for the Smogland gig on Monday have not turned up yet, I have a touch of the trots after eating some dodgy chicken last night ( hence my being at home instead of work) but apart from thats it's not going too bad....

2006 has been a crap year so far what with one thing and another :good: But saying that, ive watched a work colleague fight cancer and a friend was recently diagnosed with a rare cancer (who already has MS and against all odds finally had a baby 4 years ago) So when i think of what these people are going through, it does put problems in my life into perspective.

Lifes been ok...few ups and downs in the past, Big probs = Money

I think money problems are always an issue and always will be, its just one of those things...I'm managing finances a little better now...

Money makes the worl go round ;-) :good:

I've thoroughly enjoyed 2006. Been to a few close friends' weddings, been on more holidays than the rest of my life combined, going to be an uncle for the first time, had a 15% pay hike, the flat's coming on canny and I'm going to see Public Enemy on Sunday.

If only the toon were playing better life would be tip top.

Money's the only problem tbh. Keep thinking I have things sorted and then keep finding out we owe more than I thought.

That said I've just been on holiday and booked up for next year already and I have fantastic little girl who's coming on very nicely so I can't complain.

Aye it seems like life's been rough lately but thankfully my own has settled on a pretty even keel now. Alot of things have gone into perspective when I look at others and what they're going thru. A good friend of mine just fell apart at work last night- we knew she'd told her husband to leave and that she wanted a separation. What we didn't know until last night is that he'd taken their young children to New Hampshire and hidden them with family (his) and won't tell her where they are.

Aye it seems like life's been rough lately but thankfully my own has settled on a pretty even keel now. Alot of things have gone into perspective when I look at others and what they're going thru. A good friend of mine just fell apart at work last night- we knew she'd told her husband to leave and that she wanted a separation. What we didn't know until last night is that he'd taken their young children to New Hampshire and hidden them with family (his) and won't tell her where they are.

Don't know why, Mags, but I'd really like to hear you say 'Aye' :good: I reckon it would be kinda (American for ya) nice :D

Anyway, 2006?

Compared to some, all seems okay at the moment. Job, family (though I do really miss my daughter now she's at uni :D ) health (though a few more pounds need to be shed).

I consider myself pretty lucky at the moment.

EDIT: oh, and Mr Bass, I really wish I could take you out on the piss right now as you seem like you could do with a good sesh! Cheers anyway, dude, keep smilin :no

Edited by snakehips

All was going well for Mr Hips until the 'Snakes On A Plane' brought along without lots of unwanted attention thus leading into the creation of 'Snake' on this very own forum.........

All was going well for Mr Hips until the 'Snakes On A Plane' brought along without lots of unwanted attention thus leading into the creation of 'Snake' on this very own forum.........

I try to look on the bright side. At least I'm not fat

Jonny, 'Snake' will be gone (obliterated) by the first week in Nov.

'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' I think they say? Well, Toontastic has experienced no fury like Snakehips pissed off, I can assure you. Either 'it' goes, or I do......

So far this year has been okay. Passed my exams, been in a fun if rather pointless relationship which I ended at just about the right time a couple of weeks ago. Today I finished my GP placement, I start pyschiatry on Thursday. :good: On the downside a lot of my friends have moved away from Leeds, but I saw one of my closest mates last weekend in London. I may be broke and single but I'm quite happy for now.

Not going bad for me at the moment (touches wood), other than the worry of getting a bigger house (maybe out in the sticks) for my ever growing family it's pretty ok or as Neville Bardos would say "I'm fucking flying".

Have a fackin geez mate

Guest Toplass-101

Things are champion. My car passed its MOT without needing anything done and my favourite mouse is on BOGOF at Tesco just now, what more could a lass want.

Guest Toplass-101

Things are champion. My car passed its MOT without needing anything done and my favourite mouse is on BOGOF at Tesco just now, what more could a lass want.

"mouse" ?????wtf :good:

nah sorry its "mousse" the Onken Strawberry kind, blummin lovely.