Pavel's Back...

GafferTape

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though, the bloke is 40 or something. What are we DOING???

38, but honestly how much more hilarious can it get. We don't have cover up front, we don't have cover at the back and the moment one of our keepers gets injured we have to resort tol the living dead... :D

Spot on Isegrim. We'll take a risk on Srnicek & Bernard, but when a player still with a bit of quality about him in a problem position (Tristan) becomes available, we're nowhere to be seen.

To be fair, I can see the reason for being wary around another Spaniard, and an ex-teammate of mongboy Luque. :D

Although I agree with the sentiment - Hasselbaink for example. Not even a risk tbh.

Pavel's Still A Geordie!

THERE'S been a familiar face around the Newcastle United training ground this week as Pavel Srnicek, in the words of the old Gallowgate song, has proved he's still very much a Geordie at heart!

The former Toon favourite was back in the north east to watch the Magpies in Sunday's 1-1 draw with Everton, and he'll also be cheering on the boys against Levadia Tallinn in the UEFA Cup on Thursday.

In the meantime, the popular Czech has been a welcome guest at the training ground, even donning the gloves for a spot of training.

Roeder told nufc.co.uk: "Pav came back last week for a break, and it seemed a good idea to invite him train with us while he was over here.

"It's been great to have him around as he's a great friend of the club. He is a smashing lad and he will be staying to watch the game on Thursday night."

Srnicek joined the Magpies from Banik Ostrava in 1991 when Jim Smith was at the helm, and after a shaky start he went onto become one of the most popular players of the modern era.

He made a total of 188 appearances for the club, playing a key role in helping the club back to the Premiership, before returning to his homeland in the summer of 1998.

Pavel later joined Sheffield Wednesday, and was afforded a tumultuous welcome when he returned to Gallowgate.

Do I smell a : "He looked really good in training so we offered him a short term contract" statement....

:D Best thing is that they think they've got us all fooled as well. Hilarious man. The day after we're linked with Hedman and Wattereus, Pav, having not been around for a while randomly turns up in Newcastle to watch a shit match against Estonian opposition. He then randomly turns up at training and......whaddya know it.....we give him a game!

The club think they're dealing with 5 year olds. :lol:

Do I smell a : "He looked really good in training so we offered him a short term contract" statement....

:D Best thing is that they think they've got us all fooled as well. Hilarious man. The day after we're linked with Hedman and Wattereus, Pav, having not been around for a while randomly turns up in Newcastle to watch a shit match against Estonian opposition. He then randomly turns up at training and......whaddya know it.....we give him a game!

The club think they're dealing with 5 year olds. :lol:

No wonder when Alan Oliver, the self-proclaimed voice of the fans, has the brain of a 5 year old.

And I am sorry, in case I have offended any 5 year olds with this comment.

Spot on Isegrim. We'll take a risk on Srnicek & Bernard, but when a player still with a bit of quality about him in a problem position (Tristan) becomes available, we're nowhere to be seen.

To be fair, I can see the reason for being wary around another Spaniard, and an ex-teammate of mongboy Luque. :D

Although I agree with the sentiment - Hasselbaink for example. Not even a risk tbh.

Sol Campbell too who we didn't sign on the basis that he hadn't played enough first team football last season :lol:

I'd love to be able to tell you that this is a wind-up, but this is a picture of Pavel Srnicek in training with the first team today. :D

pavwt9.jpg

he looks every inch a retired 40 year old in that picture.

Pavel's Still A Geordie!

THERE'S been a familiar face around the Newcastle United training ground this week as Pavel Srnicek, in the words of the old Gallowgate song, has proved he's still very much a Geordie at heart!

The former Toon favourite was back in the north east to watch the Magpies in Sunday's 1-1 draw with Everton, and he'll also be cheering on the boys against Levadia Tallinn in the UEFA Cup on Thursday.

In the meantime, the popular Czech has been a welcome guest at the training ground, even donning the gloves for a spot of training.

Roeder told nufc.co.uk: "Pav came back last week for a break, and it seemed a good idea to invite him train with us while he was over here.

"It's been great to have him around as he's a great friend of the club. He is a smashing lad and he will be staying to watch the game on Thursday night."

Srnicek joined the Magpies from Banik Ostrava in 1991 when Jim Smith was at the helm, and after a shaky start he went onto become one of the most popular players of the modern era.

He made a total of 188 appearances for the club, playing a key role in helping the club back to the Premiership, before returning to his homeland in the summer of 1998.

Pavel later joined Sheffield Wednesday, and was afforded a tumultuous welcome when he returned to Gallowgate.

What I have highlighted is everything that is wrong with this club at the minute. From bullshit propaganda to bollocks sentimentality.

What an embarrasment.

Any different to when Ferguson signed Andy Goram?

The difference is Goram was playing superbly for Motherwell. Is Pavel even playing right now?

I loved Pavel but I'd say it's perhaps a bit too late to bring him back.