Pavel's Back...

GafferTape

Possibly, according to .com -

Czech bounces

back into Toon!

Spotted in the Tyneside area this week has been former 'keeper Pavel Srnicek, who is believed to be currently under consideration for a short-term deal with his old side.

Now 38, Czech -born Pav made 181 appearances for us between 1990 and 1998, including 97 in the Premiership.

Always a popular figure at SJP, the former soldier returned briefly to his former club Banik Ostrava, before making a comeback in England with Sheffield Wednesday.

He then moved to Italy and enjoyed a three-year stay at Brescia before he found his way back to the Premiership in 2003 with Portsmouth and then West Ham -although his move to the latter was in February 2004, some months after Glenn Roeder had departed.

A trial with Coventry City then came to nothing before Srnicek was taken on by Portuguese side Beira Mar, leaving there in May 2006.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard he was just training with us til he finds another club whilst we are pursuing other options.

Who? Martin Thomas? :lol:

:D

(think we all know who Pav's next club will be...) :D

Guest Patrokles

I think some of the Pavel and earlier Hedman comments are a little iffy, considering both are either recently or not retired at all, and both are goalkeepers, plus the short-term and outside of transfer window nature of the deal.

'We need a keeper for cover Feddie'

'Hmmm...I'll get Kenneth on it straight away'

'Erm..I've had the scouts look at..'

'Now now Glenn, what have I told you?'

'Sorry Freddie'

'Now, we've actually got someone lined up. Pavel. He's a Geordie you see. The fans used to sing it I remember. He's from High Heaton. FACT'

'We need a keeper for cover Feddie'

'Hmmm...I'll get Kenneth on it straight away'

'Erm..I've had the scouts look at..'

'Now now Glenn, what have I told you?'

'Sorry Freddie'

'Now, we've actually got someone lined up. Pavel. He's a Geordie you see. The fans used to sing it I remember. He's from High Heaton. FACT'

:D

Probably not too far from the truth either.