Manchester United vs Newcastle United

TOPTOON

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

Manchester United dismantled us with great frequency even during our best times under Robson. It's not a surprise, it's nothing new, and it was completely to be expected.

Despite the reality of the performance the only thing that will be remembered will be the result which was only 2-0 so no real reason for mass doom and gloom today.

There will be other teams with more clinical CF's who will put 4 or 5 past us, no problem.

To be expected tbh. However, I would have more respect for Roeder if he'd got out there to have a go at Man Utd. They're not as good as people think imo, and if you go there and sit back to let them play football then they will. We've become one of those teams that we used to whinge about coming up here with 10 men behind the ball and strangling the fucking life out of the game. We're not good enough at the back or well organised enough as a unit not do that. We invite teams to attack us, they usually score. Tbh, I'd rather we'd have got out there and scared the shit out of them a bit more even if we'd lost heavier. Making ourselves look shit imo.

The one bright spark from today is Steven Taylor's theatrics. At least he got away with it today! :lol:

He's a funny lad, he gets smacked in the face and gets straight back up nee bother at all. He touchs the ball with his hand and he's dying. Surely the ref could notice the slight incongruous pain threshold and sense something was a miss

Manchester United dismantled us with great frequency even during our best times under Robson. It's not a surprise, it's nothing new, and it was completely to be expected.

at least under Robson we looked like we could get out of our own half. :lol:

Watching it on MOTD last night, the worst thing about all of it was seeing Ferguson reclining in those heated seats with a big smile on his face about halfway through the second half. 2-0 up and absolutely cruising and he knew he didn't have a thing to worry about. That's how shit we are these days.

The only highlight was when Harper saved from point blank range and Scotty Parker nearly ripped his still beating heart out of his thorax.

Parker for England tbh.

As for the rest of the match, lucky not to concede five minimum.

if we'd have gone there with 4-4-2 we'd have been taken to the cleaners. looking at the teams they had 8 or 9 outfield players in good form. we had rather less than that.

sure we have been relatively succesful since the start of the premier league, but we need people to make us winners again. no one in the current squad (possibly with the exception of owen, parker and given) would get in my top 40 premiership players for this season based on previous and current form.

......................................................Harper......

.................Carr...............................Moore.........................Taylor.

...Duff...................Parker.................Emre..................Butt.....................Zoggy.

..........................................Martins......O......Ameobe.......................

There's a reason antiquated formations aren't used nowadays, because they have been superceded by better formations. Nine times out of 10 4-4-2 is the most effective. I think we will lose today, but play with your team and it could be double figures! Maybe we wouldn't have lost today with my formation which is far from antiquated, only difference today was Roeder started four(4) at the back while I suggested three(3) and he started one(1) up front where I would have started two(2). Any formation I would suggest would NEVER have less than two(2) up front. :lol:

You'll notice Ramage was not in my starting line-up and gawd knows he shouldn't have been.

Hoy! I read that McClaren might change his formation, maybe to a 3-5-2 as opposed to the 4-2-4 he has used in his last 3 games.

Mebbe my antiquated 3-5-2 might have done better against Man.U last week. Nothing ventured-nothing gained. Who dares Wins. :lol: