Where were you 10 years ago today?

Craig

I remember that like it was yesterday, I was on a night shift and I was listening to it on the workshop radio.

Fantastic match.

First time I have seen it since, I would love us to twat them by 5 one day. Can't ever see it happening though. :)

You can console yourself with trophies though, you bastard. :) Sadly, this is about as close as a lot of us have ever been to the feeling of actually winning something. Which is quite pathetic. <_<

When you played the mancs in the FA Cup final, I was living in Romford, loads of Mancs in our club, so bought a Newcastle badge to wear for the match, opened our envelopes up and I had Man Utd in my envelope, £250 to the winner, I asked the lad who had Newcastle to go halves as that way I can still enjoy the game, he said no. we would have had £175 each, well at least I got some dosh out of it. but did not enjoy the game as I hate the fuckin manc bastards. roll on Sunday.

We had two season tickets between my parents and me at the time, and it was my turn to sit it out. Fortunately, my mother being the borderline gloryhunter that she is, the memory of the trek to London for the Charity Shield humiliation a few months earlier was enough to persuade her to let me go in her place. I remember saying to my old man at half-time that I still reckoned it was a case of "next goal wins" - didn't expect the win to quite turn out like that, though. :)

I remember saying to my old man at half-time that I still reckoned it was a case of "next goal wins" - didn't expect the win to quite turn out like that, though. :)

Aye, I can remember not being comfortable when we were two or three up, pessimist that I am. I relaxed a bit after the fourth and fifth mind. <_<

10 years ago this afternoon, shirley?

(I wouldn't normally be quite this pedantic, but it is you, Craig... :))

Indeed :)

I could have sworn it was a midweek game... (and yes, I have just used the calendar on my PC to check <_< )

Was a great day. Added to the fact I watched it with my Man United sympathising Dad. :)

I could swear if you watch that Youtube video it says Alan Shearer scores the 2nd goal on the tannoy.

10 years ago this afternoon, shirley?

(I wouldn't normally be quite this pedantic, but it is you, Craig... :))

Indeed :blush:

I could have sworn it was a midweek game... (and yes, I have just used the calendar on my PC to check :) )

Game would have finished at about 6pm. Nearly night time. <_<

I was sure we were going to win the league after that game. So much so that I made my Dad take me to the club shop the next weekend and try and get the gerld Premiership badges. They said they'd have them in for next season <_<

I can remember going 4-0 up and my Mam telling me to calm down as 'Man United could still score four'. There was 15 minutes left for christs sake :)

with the team we've got and the money we've got i give it 4-5 years.

we need to sell the shit and get some steady players in rather than players that aren't suited to our league.

trouble is if we sell players that can't perform in the premiership week in week out then we'd have 8 players.... including squad players and long term injuries. :)

Watching that if fucking sickens me to think of the shit we've got in our side now. I mean when was the last time you seen a Toon side spray the ball from flank to flank or a Centre Half come out and play a ball the full length of the pitch and actually find a player, the palyers we have now haven't got the confidence to even attempt to play like that.

Beardsley, what can i say.......fucking Magic

Watching that if fucking sickens me to think of the shit we've got in our side now. I mean when was the last time you seen a Toon side spray the ball from flank to flank or a Centre Half come out and play a ball the full length of the pitch and actually find a player, the palyers we have now haven't got the confidence to even attempt to play like that.

Beardsley, what can i say.......fucking Magic

And why do you think that is?