Where were you 10 years ago today?

Craig

with the team we've got and the money we've got i give it 4-5 years.

we need to sell the shit and get some steady players in rather than players that aren't suited to our league.

trouble is if we sell players that can't perform in the premiership week in week out then we'd have 8 players.... including squad players and long term injuries. :)

What?

I was in Copperfields in Tynemouth watching it, couldn't get a ticket that year.

Only downside is what happened afterwards - iirc Ferguson said words to the effect that come May we'd still be celebrating that win while they had won the league and he was right of course.

We also stuffed Spurs 7-1 that season which personally I found just as enjoyable, the horrible cockney wankers.

Then Keegan left, Shepherd came in, and it's been downhill ever since. <_<

I remember listening to an interview with Philippe Albert on Radio 5 the day England played Germany in Charleroi - that's where Albert is from which was where they got the link from. Anyway, Adrian Chiles (who is class btw) kept going on about how much he loved Albert, not only for that goal, but for the fact that in the interview after the game he mentions how he saw "Schmickel" (pronounced as spelt) off his line etc.

Chiles was going on saying not only did he make him look a tit with the chip, but then went on to take the piss out of him by getting his name wrong. I'm sure he asked Albert if he'd done it deliberately as a pisstake. :)

Two things I remember vividly about that day. 1st one was when I had to be physically restrained from running on the pitch when that pathetic twat Cantona tried to slice Pedro in half. The 2nd one is the Albert goal - or just after it to be exact - when instead of Shearer celebrating with the rest of the team, he ran into the net to grab the ball to plonk it back on the half way line in a 'let's get another one' gesture. :) Rudolph wouldn't let him have it though and therefore, while Albert and teamates celebrated, Big Al and Rudolph were having a massive shoving match and fight over the ball. <_<

Ha you know when Ferdinand just missed the fourth?

Me nanna was convinced he missed it delibretely so shearer could get one :)

(as in he passed it off Rudolph to Shearer <_<)

utterly convinced :)

I'd moved to Chelmsford a couple of weeks before that but had been living in Hotels. That week I'd sorted out my house so came up to get all my stuff. I went back to my Mam's after the match and was too hyped up to drive - I had to chill for a couple of hours before setting off.

I remember some Manc shit at the time about how all five goals were wrong - Peacock's never crossed the line, Ginola backed into the defender, etc, etc - I think someone was "offside" for Albert's - they were serious as well.

Happy days.

In the long run, it was meaningless.

As is life.

I've accepted we'll never win anything so the best we'll get are days like this and beating the Mackems - it may be sad but thats life.

What's really sad is that this game is still brought up as a highlight. Manure fans have long forgotten it and it just shows what a bunch of sorry arses Toon fans are that they keep talking about it. In the long run, it was meaningless.

Jesus wept, enjoy the fucking moment you miserable bastid. When you've won fuck all you should savour moments like this.

It's pretty sad if you can't remember good games and good times.

That game was fantastic.

Supporting your team is about the here and now, but its also about the past - remembering times both good and bad, funny things that have happened etc. Nothing sad about that.

Anyway, it was a great day. I was in the Leazes at the time and at half time at 2-0 up I was trying not to let myself think we could win it. They were going to come back in the second half - definitely.

At the time, the away fans were in the NE Corner (where I sit now) and I can remember walking round to the Leazes before the game, and there were the Man U fans outside - smug looks on their faces, some wearing 4-0 T-shirts about the Charity Shield with 'Kevin Keegan's Kleenex Army' written along the bottom of them.

When it got to 4-0, I remember looking over to them and they were streaming out. At 5-0 there was almost a stampede over there with so many of them leaving. Very few of them stayed until the end.

I did savor the moment as much as anybody else. At the time. But don't you see how stupid it makes us look that all we can point to are isolated games?

And it was ten years ago FFS.......you dumb shit.

Bollocks does it, it's not like we mention it every week, it only ever gets brought up once a year ffs. Like I say, the day we win something then it'll not be such a big deal, but personally for me until that day comes this game, the Barca one, and Pompey at home are still looked back on fondly.

I did savor the moment as much as anybody else. At the time. But don't you see how stupid it makes us look that all we can point to are isolated games?

Bollocks does it, it's not like we mention it every week, it only ever gets brought up once a year ffs. Like I say, the day we win something then it'll not be such a big deal, but personally for me until that day comes this game, the Barca one, and Pompey at home are still looked back on fondly.

Oh yes.... into the lair of gods stood David Kelly that day! :o

Well you have a choice. You can either wish for more success in trophies and such and in the meantime enjoy small successes like the Man Utd game or you can ignore the little victories and be thoroughly miserable until we do win a trophy, be it 5, 10, or 50 years away.

I think the first option makes for a happier life, but you've obviously chosen the latter. Poor you.

Me and all the other soopafans were there :o Nowt wrong with remembering that game fondly but the 10th anniversary pull-out in Saturday's Chronic was cringe-tastic to say the least. Says a lot about the state the club is in now really.

Me and all the other soopafans were there :o Nowt wrong with remembering that game fondly but the 10th anniversary pull-out in Saturday's Chronic was cringe-tastic to say the least. Says a lot about the state the club is in now really.

Anything to divert the attention away from the current plight, more good PR on the fat man's behalf.

Anything to divert the attention away from the current plight, more good PR on the fat man's behalf.

Could backfire though if it draws attention to our current shitness. I've got to say a 10th anniversary special on a league match is sad as fuck.