Worthwhile Article

Guest Patrokles

"When you took over the club you were handed the second-best team in the Premiership, a club that was looking like it was destined for greatness and you've destroyed all of that through your utter contempt for the fans and your lust for power and money," wrote Michael Foster. "You've totally failed in everything a chairman is responsible for."

Leazes Mag will love that one.

Worthwhile article as it was from a neutral perspective.

Sheperd has been shite, apart from the funding which has been good.

Shame where the money went though :(

[increbidbly depressed/]

Good article.

"When you took over the club you were handed the second-best team in the Premiership, a club that was looking like it was destined for greatness and you've destroyed all of that through your utter contempt for the fans and your lust for power and money," wrote Michael Foster. "You've totally failed in everything a chairman is responsible for."

And that is spot fucking on.

Edited by Bizza

Such Newcastle fans deserve better. Those of us neutrals who travel the English football circuit, mixing with fans of all club colours, and gauging the depth of their fervour, readily admit respect for Newcastle's following, home and away. Battered at Manchester United, Newcastle fans never stopped singing.

St James' itself is a special place, an arena that makes the pulse quicken when the teams walk out and that extraordinary roar erupts from countless Gallowgate throats. Attending Alan Shearer's testimonial last season was uplifting because of the outpouring of love for a local hero while also painfully poignant. The absence of Shearer's name from the cast-list rips away much of the lingering class clinging to the club.

A die-hard Newcastle disciple of this observer's acquaintance is convinced the club will be transformed only when supporters show their dissatisfaction at serial mismanagement by voting with their feet. Empty seats. No queues in the megastores. Might focus a few minds in the board-room. It will never happen.

Following Newcastle is a birthright, a religion, a warm-up before the knees-up of a night out. On the Geordie check-list of must-do activities, watching the Toon ranks alongside breathing. Such loyalty merits better leadership. Shepherd Out.

:(

Good article.

And that is spot fucking on.

100% spot on!

Class article, and it's great to see the press getting behind the idea of Shepherd's shitness.

I had a text read out on Talksport this morning calling him a moron and prompting Alan Brazil to comment on how Newcastle fans were turning against Shepherd. :blush::(

So basically, if he goes, it's down to my text. :o

That article is on the money apart from the point that Shepherd has always provided money for his managers. Yes most of the time he has given them money to spend but whos money? The fans' fucking money, he hasn't given the manager one penny out of his own pocket. And lets not forget the summer of '03 when our transfer policy was to "keep our powder dry" and subsequently not qualify from the CL group stages which appears to have been the beginning of our decline.

Class article, and it's great to see the press getting behind the idea of Shepherd's shitness.

I had a text read out on Talksport this morning calling him a moron and prompting Alan Brazil to comment on how Newcastle fans were turning against Shepherd. :blush::(

So basically, if he goes, it's down to my text. :blush:

I wondered if that was you - something to do with Beckham coming to Newcastle as a trophy signing by the moronic Shepherd from Scott in Newcastle. :o

Fair play, just a shame Brazil said we're only just starting to turn on Shepherd though

I wondered if that was you - something to do with Beckham coming to Newcastle as a trophy signing by the moronic Shepherd from Scott in Newcastle. :o

Fair play, just a shame Brazil said we're only just starting to turn on Shepherd though

Wahey, I'm famous! :blush: Aye that was the one.

I'm a Shepherd Out Soldier tbh.

That would put you about even given the enormous damage your support of Souness did to the club :o

That would put you about even given the enormous damage your support of Souness did to the club :o

No fucking way Alex, not until Gemmill has helped the fat man carry his last box of personal effects out to the car, will Scot have redemed himself for the support of Souness :blush:

That would put you about even given the enormous damage your support of Souness did to the club :blush:

:o

Aye, Gemmill has a LOT of making up to do.

Class article that btw, LeazesMag will be seething.

Very good article.

A die-hard Newcastle disciple of this observer's acquaintance is convinced the club will be transformed only when supporters show their dissatisfaction at serial mismanagement by voting with their feet. Empty seats. No queues in the megastores. Might focus a few minds in the board-room. It will never happen.

So very true :(

I've scanned though the responses to that article and can't see one person who disagrees with it, apart from minor details. Obviously Leazesmag won't have seen it though coming from a Fancy Dan publication.

Leazes will be click the "Report this comment" next to every reply tbh :(

Am loving the comment from "Dave" who says "Check out link(N-O) and see what fans really think of Freddy Shepherd."

Shame he got the URL wrong! :o

Great article. This is what all Newcastle fans want (except NE5/Leazes Mag) - a recognition from the man at the top at Newcastle United that his time is up and that his days of pulling the wool over the eyes of the fans with trophy signings and waffling about Geordie power are over. Shepherd out.

Posted by Gemmill on October 24, 2006 9:17 AM

After my text on Talksport and now this, I'm almost as famous as Mills-McCartney.