The crowd at St James'

aimaad22

Just to add to the shit talked about Newcastle fans, the first thing I heard today when I came in (from a gloating Man U fan originally from Portsmouth), was how it's peculiar to Newcastle that the crowd complain, whinge and scream for handball and penalty much more so than at any other ground in the country.

Quite why this mong had even formed an opinion on this is beyond me. I disagreed with him (as he was basically using it as evidence to support the premise that toon fans are whingers), however afterwards it got me to thinking; if that was the case, surely it just shows how the crowd competes for every decision just like a 12th man. And whats to be ashamed about in that? The fucking retard.

I said in a thread a while ago that the reason we get turned down for many penalty appeals is because of our vociferous crowd reaction. I reckon that referees deliberately come to SJP with the resolution that they are going to be 'ultra tough' against they pressure from the crowd and subsequently give incorrect decisions as they 'prove' themselves to be, indeed, 'tough'. I'm sure they get a hard on at how 'tough' they are in the face of such pressure.

Just my opinion, like.

Dunno about that. If we appeal for dodgy decisions then there probably is a higher ratio of claims getting turned down be refs because they werent pens in the first place. Thats inevitable and theres nowt wrong with it. As for being deprived of legitimate pens at home I dont think we suffer any more than many other clubs at the wrong end of the table. That happens when youre down in the shit playing shit football. Not the other way around.

If it's true that we're more vocal then I dont have any problem with it whatsoever. My main problem was the mentality of someone who would walk from his own office, interrupt my work (I do some occasionally), with his team riding high and having put in a top class performance at the weekend.......purely for the purposes of making that observation.

Don't get me wrong, our vociferous crowd reactions are part of our passion for the game we love and is part of our personality. If refs, or others, think this is just whinging loudly, then they don't know anything about us as supporters imo.

Give the twat one in the kidneys from me - 60 or not.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, are the crowd too vociferous or not vocal enough then? I'm confused :blush:

Not being from Pakistan, you'll understand when I say I hardly feel qualified to answer that.

Are you saying that you or Alex is from Pakistan?? :lol::icon_lol:

Alex's grandparents are from down south. Cornwall and Faisalabad.

Tbh our last two goals at home in the league were vital and came from very iffy decisions. Personally I hate it when people are so partizan they'll scream and shout abuse at the referee is he whistles against us no matter how right the decision is. The "foul" against Duff was a classic example - imagine how you'd feel if a penalty was awarded against us for someone blatently diving? Still, the fans around me went mental, despite being at the furthest point away from it possible and not really having a proper view.

Tbh our last two goals at home in the league were vital and came from very iffy decisions. Personally I hate it when people are so partizan they'll scream and shout abuse at the referee is he whistles against us no matter how right the decision is. The "foul" against Duff was a classic example - imagine how you'd feel if a penalty was awarded against us for someone blatently diving? Still, the fans around me went mental, despite being at the furthest point away from it possible and not really having a proper view.

Having seen MOTD I thought he was pulled back before that and then there was either minimal or no contact which resulted in Duff tripping over his own feet. Should have been a free-kick and probably a red card or at least a yellow for the earlier offence. In any case, it wasn't a dive.

Having seen MOTD I thought he was pulled back before that and then there was either minimal or no contact which resulted in Duff tripping over his own feet. Should have been a free-kick and probably a red card or at least a yellow for the earlier offence. In any case, it wasn't a dive.

Stayed on his feet until he reached the penalty area, then collapsed, I think the ref was right personally, even if he wasn't it was a close call and it was harder for him to turn it down than it would have been to award it.

Anyway, like I say, our previous goals came from a penalty from a dodgy hand ball (we later made a much more blatent one with no penalty) and a free kick which was miles off side. Overall, I feel we get more favourable decisions than the opposition at SJP.

Stayed on his feet until he reached the penalty area, then collapsed, I think the ref was right personally, even if he wasn't it was a close call and it was harder for him to turn it down than it would have been to award it.

Anyway, like I say, our previous goals came from a penalty from a dodgy hand ball (we later made a much more blatent one with no penalty) and a free kick which was miles off side. Overall, I feel we get more favourable decisions than the opposition at SJP.

If we're talking about the same decision, that wasn't a dodgy hand ball, it was a subtle but professional foul and if the ref had the benefit of a replay, he could have walked for it.

I don't think Duff dived, but he does go down too easily.

If we're talking about the same decision, that wasn't a dodgy hand ball, it was a subtle but professional foul and if the ref had the benefit of a replay, he could have walked for it.

I don't think Duff dived, but he does go down too easily.

Well it's all opinion but it looked ball to hand to me, most of the pundits thought it was harsh. Plus as I said Solano (iirc) did a much worse one later in the same game.

The problem is all this referee baiting distracts us from the real problem at SJP - we're shit and can't score goals. It gets pretty sad when you have to rely on the ref to give you penalties.

Well it's all opinion but it looked ball to hand to me, most of the pundits thought it was harsh. Plus as I said Solano (iirc) did a much worse one later in the same game.

The problem is all this referee baiting distracts us from the real problem at SJP - we're shit and can't score goals. It gets pretty sad when you have to rely on the ref to give you penalties.

Was it the MOTD pundits who said that? The Sky commentator thought it was a penalty, but I don't care what they think, I'm 99% sure of the intent.

I'll not be commenting on the highlighted bit. :lol:

But it's a big, ginger bully.

Was it the MOTD pundits who said that? The Sky commentator thought it was a penalty, but I don't care what they think, I'm 99% sure of the intent.

I'll not be commenting on the highlighted bit. :lol:

But it's a big, ginger bully.

I read somewhere that "Strawberry blonds" are regarded as ginger traitors by the red head community. Take note; you can't trust Gemmill.

I take it you haven't seen it again. It wasn't a dive.

I take it you haven't seen it again. It wasn't a dive.

I have seen it. He was clipped I agree, but the fact he stayed on his feet until he made it to the penalty area lost him the decision IMO.

Can't be arsed to argue since I know:

1) I'm right and

2) you're playing Mary, Mary as per :icon_lol:

I admit my stance is quite contrary in this specific incident, however my stance in general is correct! :lol:

Can't be arsed to argue since I know:

1) I'm right and

2) you're playing Mary, Mary as per :blush:

I admit my stance is quite contrary in this specific incident, however my stance in general is correct! :lol:

He tripped over his feet man! I know you haven't seen yours for some time :icon_lol:

I agree in general about the reactions of fans though, and about our last two goals at SJP in the league.

Aimaad22, why don't you just admit you were wrong rather than piling bullshit on top of bullshit?

Some of the stuff you're coming out with is fucking hilarious! You NEVER get the same 'full picture' that you do when you're actually at a match - take it from someone who spent years going to watch Newcastle week in, week out and having to listen to people tell me what I was watching was different to how I'd seen it despite the fact the other person wasn't there.

I dont think we get the full picture! But a fair enough idea of what was going on you do get.

Look, so maybe my first post came out as pompous. If so excuse me and forgive me, wasnt my intention at all. I made it 10 minutes after the game and I was a fair bit frustrated and perhaps not as careful with words as I should have been.

But some of the response was still unwarranted. It seems to me that leaning towards a slightly different opninon on this board is asking for trouble. Not just my posts, I know you lads think Im crazy, but Ive noticed anybody who seems to have a, lets say 'revolutionary idea' gest a fair bit of stick. This place reminds me of a group of old Grandma's sitting together, everybody sharing their common problems and past experiences with each other and congratulating each other on their wisdom and how well they've done with their kids and all that. Anybody who says 'well, I think this or that could have been done differently' is kicked out.

Pompous??

Please don't tell me you're that stupid that you make a comment like you did without expecting people's backs to be up as a result?

Your comment about the people being there being the "12th man to the opposition" is frankly insulting to those who've paid their money to go. I'm not in the least bit surprised they responded the way they did.