The crowd at St James'

aimaad22

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brotherhood? Return of an old favourite?

It's like the bloody Da Vinci Code in here.

Remind me to point you in the direction of an educational thread about how Jesus and Mary Mag (hey, that was unintentional, but could it be..... :mellow: ) (by the way, Mary Mag was mrs Jesus) fled to France.

Anyway, every now and again, we get some 'newbie' mentioning this clique/brotherhood or some such bollix. The truth is that we are a relatively small band of brothers (with some token gesture chicks involved as well - so we qualify for Lottery funding), we are familiar with each other (some more than others e.g. Meenzer and Gemmill) and tend to agree a lot - in the main - with each other without any brown-noseing being involved. However, there are, and always will be, arguments and disagreements on many issues without anyone getting upset.

In a nutshell, there is no 'circle of trust' or anything like it imo.

doesn't appear to....

I was thinking for a second that it might be an old favourite who'd attempted to return again.

I think I might know who you mean.

Blaydon?

Aimaad22, why don't you just admit you were wrong rather than piling bullshit on top of bullshit?

Some of the stuff you're coming out with is fucking hilarious! You NEVER get the same 'full picture' that you do when you're actually at a match - take it from someone who spent years going to watch Newcastle week in, week out and having to listen to people tell me what I was watching was different to how I'd seen it despite the fact the other person wasn't there.

I dont think we get the full picture! But a fair enough idea of what was going on you do get.

Look, so maybe my first post came out as pompous. If so excuse me and forgive me, wasnt my intention at all. I made it 10 minutes after the game and I was a fair bit frustrated and perhaps not as careful with words as I should have been.

But some of the response was still unwarranted. It seems to me that leaning towards a slightly different opninon on this board is asking for trouble. Not just my posts, I know you lads think Im crazy, but Ive noticed anybody who seems to have a, lets say 'revolutionary idea' gest a fair bit of stick. This place reminds me of a group of old Grandma's sitting together, everybody sharing their common problems and past experiences with each other and congratulating each other on their wisdom and how well they've done with their kids and all that. Anybody who says 'well, I think this or that could have been done differently' is kicked out.

Pompous??

Please don't tell me you're that stupid that you make a comment like you did without expecting people's backs to be up as a result?

Your comment about the people being there being the "12th man to the opposition" is frankly insulting to those who've paid their money to go. I'm not in the least bit surprised they responded the way they did.

Probably wouldnt have said it had I made the post an hour or so after the game. But it was five minutes after, I was fuming, and I felt the crowd was....erm....you know.

I admitt that comment was unfair, and Ive apologized for it. But I stubbornly stand by everything else Ive said :mellow:

Aimaad22, why don't you just admit you were wrong rather than piling bullshit on top of bullshit?

Some of the stuff you're coming out with is fucking hilarious! You NEVER get the same 'full picture' that you do when you're actually at a match - take it from someone who spent years going to watch Newcastle week in, week out and having to listen to people tell me what I was watching was different to how I'd seen it despite the fact the other person wasn't there.

I dont think we get the full picture! But a fair enough idea of what was going on you do get.

Look, so maybe my first post came out as pompous. If so excuse me and forgive me, wasnt my intention at all. I made it 10 minutes after the game and I was a fair bit frustrated and perhaps not as careful with words as I should have been.

But some of the response was still unwarranted. It seems to me that leaning towards a slightly different opninon on this board is asking for trouble. Not just my posts, I know you lads think Im crazy, but Ive noticed anybody who seems to have a, lets say 'revolutionary idea' gest a fair bit of stick. This place reminds me of a group of old Grandma's sitting together, everybody sharing their common problems and past experiences with each other and congratulating each other on their wisdom and how well they've done with their kids and all that. Anybody who says 'well, I think this or that could have been done differently' is kicked out.

That's bollocks, I get disagreed with constantly, and I disagree with other people constantly. I still don't feel like I'm being persecuted, and many of those I disagree with seem pretty sound people. Fact is, the more you rise to it, the more people are going to try and provoke you. Personally I just stop reading threads I'm involved in where it's starting to degenerate into bickering.

I think most people here know it's all just tongue-in-cheek to an extent, and just enjoy the arguing. I know that whenever I personally say something iffy it's usually with the intention of winding up (works, too), rather than your genuine supercilliousness.

Nice to hear some abuse free stuff from you, sense as well. Not about my post being bullocks of course but the rest of it :mellow:

In fact I'll take your advice and stop reading this thread now.

I don't know about anything else, but he's still not worked out how to use the quote facility properly!

i thought i had typed my reply when i quoted and sent,but obviously it never happened,it was another stella moment :mellow: *hic

I don't know about anything else, but he's still not worked out how to use the quote facility properly!

i thought i had typed my reply when i quoted and sent,but obviously it never happened,it was another stella moment :mellow: *hic

You did type it, in the wrong place.

That's bollocks, I get disagreed with constantly, and I disagree with other people constantly. I still don't feel like I'm being persecuted, and many of those I disagree with seem pretty sound people. Fact is, the more you rise to it, the more people are going to try and provoke you. Personally I just stop reading threads I'm involved in where it's starting to degenerate into bickering.

I think most people here know it's all just tongue-in-cheek to an extent, and just enjoy the arguing. I know that whenever I personally say something iffy it's usually with the intention of winding up (works, too), rather than your genuine supercilliousness.

Nice to hear some abuse free stuff from you, sense as well. Not about my post being bullocks of course but the rest of it :mellow:

This forum is shit tbh. Too many people agreeing with each other.

:lol:

Crap Im reading the thread again.

:stars:

Crap Im reading the thread again.

Just as long as you don't start posting we'll be okay. :lol: