The crowd at St James'

aimaad22

He tripped over his feet man! I know you haven't seen yours for some time :lol:

I agree in general about the reactions of fans though, and about our last two goals at SJP in the league.

Now who's being contrary? :icon_lol:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He tripped over his feet man! I know you haven't seen yours for some time :lol:

I agree in general about the reactions of fans though, and about our last two goals at SJP in the league.

Now who's being contrary? :icon_lol:

Actually, I can't even remember if Shola's was a pen or not against Bolton. Not having the heart to watch MOTD after that game. The previous goal was very dubious though. Did I say different at the time like?

Actually, I can't even remember if Shola's was a pen or not against Bolton. Not having the heart to watch MOTD after that game. The previous goal was very dubious though. Did I say different at the time like?

No, you're just not allowed disagree with me, I watched on telly from afar (like a biblical wise man) and am therefore infallible in this matter. :lol:

Assuming it is the one I'm thinking of, the ball flew at him, and he made to get out of the way with his whole body, at the same time moving his arm slightly away from his body, towards the ball and diverting the ball away from the oncoming Newcastle player. It was blatantly intentional on the replays. Based purely on intent and by the rules of the game, he should have walked.

Guest Patrokles

Aimaad22, why don't you just admit you were wrong rather than piling bullshit on top of bullshit?

Some of the stuff you're coming out with is fucking hilarious! You NEVER get the same 'full picture' that you do when you're actually at a match - take it from someone who spent years going to watch Newcastle week in, week out and having to listen to people tell me what I was watching was different to how I'd seen it despite the fact the other person wasn't there.

I dont think we get the full picture! But a fair enough idea of what was going on you do get.

Look, so maybe my first post came out as pompous. If so excuse me and forgive me, wasnt my intention at all. I made it 10 minutes after the game and I was a fair bit frustrated and perhaps not as careful with words as I should have been.

But some of the response was still unwarranted. It seems to me that leaning towards a slightly different opninon on this board is asking for trouble. Not just my posts, I know you lads think Im crazy, but Ive noticed anybody who seems to have a, lets say 'revolutionary idea' gest a fair bit of stick. This place reminds me of a group of old Grandma's sitting together, everybody sharing their common problems and past experiences with each other and congratulating each other on their wisdom and how well they've done with their kids and all that. Anybody who says 'well, I think this or that could have been done differently' is kicked out.

That's bollocks, I get disagreed with constantly, and I disagree with other people constantly. I still don't feel like I'm being persecuted, and many of those I disagree with seem pretty sound people. Fact is, the more you rise to it, the more people are going to try and provoke you. Personally I just stop reading threads I'm involved in where it's starting to degenerate into bickering.

I think most people here know it's all just tongue-in-cheek to an extent, and just enjoy the arguing. I know that whenever I personally say something iffy it's usually with the intention of winding up (works, too), rather than your genuine supercilliousness.

Class Gem :lol:

I think the people who basically pay the players etc wages are entitled to an opionion more than those (inc a lot of the season me) wo dont.

Its hard to watch someone like Fumble get paid loads who dont seem to pull their finger out and try. Would you stand for it in the office?

No, you're just not allowed disagree with me, I watched on telly from afar (like a biblical wise man) and am therefore infallible in this matter. :lol:

Assuming it is the one I'm thinking of, the ball flew at him, and he made to get out of the way with his whole body, at the same time moving his arm slightly away from his body, towards the ball and diverting the ball away from the oncoming Newcastle player. It was blatantly intentional on the replays. Based purely on intent and by the rules of the game, he should have walked.

So the answer to the original quesiton was you then?

Talking of the handball for the penalty; I had an argument over this with some bloke in my local Saturday night. Basically, you're not allowed to use your arms, so if the ball strikes your arm - intentionally or not - then you've gained an advantage. I don't give a shit about intent, your arm has stopped the ball. Penalty everytime. If it was intent then send them off, if not, take no action other than awarding the penalty.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

Talking of the handball for the penalty; I had an argument over this with some bloke in my local Saturday night. Basically, you're not allowed to use your arms, so if the ball strikes your arm - intentionally or not - then you've gained an advantage. I don't give a shit about intent, your arm has stopped the ball. Penalty everytime. If it was intent then send them off, if not, take no action other than awarding the penalty.

So then players smash the ball full pelt at the opposition in the penalty box. Anyway, does that not give the attackers more of an advantage for an accident?

Edited by ObaGol

:lol: SLP you nutter.

If someone just launches the ball at your hand, you have NO chance at all to move its a pen? If that happend all the time people wouldnt go for goal but kick the ball at the opposite players hands all the time.

:lol: SLP you nutter.

If someone just launches the ball at your hand, you have NO chance at all to move its a pen? If that happend all the time people wouldnt go for goal but kick the ball at the opposite players hands all the time.

You had better be a season ticket holder, or you're in for a world of PAIN!

:icon_lol: SLP you nutter.

You had better be a season ticket holder, or you're in for a world of PAIN!

:lol:

I agree to an extent. If a defender is standing in striker's way with his arms outstretched, he is blocking of the route of the ball not just by his body, but a couple of feet either side of him with his arms. Which is not allowed, so even if it's ball to hand it should be a foul.

However, if a player has arm across his chest and the ball strikes his hand (when it would only have hit his chest anyway) I think it would be harsh to call that a foul.

Aye but although referees are near omniscient, God like entities, they can't actually say for certain whether a handball is intentional. That's inferred from the manner of the ball-to-hand incident. So we're back to square one.

Im sorry like but thats bollocks, you're throwing your toys out the pram because people disagreed with you.

:lol: I think he's got a point tbh,talk about throwing your toys is understatement of the year on here

and i aint be on here 2 minutes and can smell the brotherhood a mile off

Edited by @yourservice

Im sorry like but thats bollocks, you're throwing your toys out the pram because people disagreed with you.

:lol: I think he's got a point tbh,talk about throwing your toys is understatement of the year on here

Go on then, you've mentioned the brotherhood twice in the space of a few posts. You're desperate for someone to ask who you mean, so I'll oblige.

Guest Patrokles

Go on then, you've mentioned the brotherhood twice in the space of a few posts. You're desperate for someone to ask who you mean, so I'll oblige.

Think he's angling for a position as TT's very own David Icke.

Did i ever tell you that the 'new world order'has been taking place before your very eye's in the past 9 year's or so?

Think he's angling for a position as TT's very own David Icke.