Luq who's back for Toon

Scottish Mag

I'm unsure why it hasn't occured to some that the reason Luque hasn't been playing in league matches is because whenever he's played in the Premiership he's looked really not cut out to be doing so, not because Roeder is a cunt.

Same with nearly every other foreigner we get though isn't it? Luque, Robert, Kluivert, Viana...even fucking Emre's been getting a hard time of late. Are they all just lazy mercenaries who are here to pick up their wages or are Newcastle the ones doing something wrong? How come the likes of Arsenal hardly ever get their fingers burnt when they shop abroad, make much riskier investments in younger players and come out looking the bee knees whereas we sign a big name and come out looking like Grade A cunts?

I agree that Emre doesn't deserve stick. :mellow:

Having said that, our English players get as much, if not more, stick. Bramble? Ramage? Parker gets stick, even. Ameobi? etc. It's not just the foreign players- it's ALL of the players.

The English players are just shit though, it has fuck all to do with the effort they put in?

The major problem I have is that no one asks why we suffer more than anyone else at the hands of lethargic Europeans? I've heard rumours that our policy for helping foriegners settle in once we sign them is awful compared to Liverpool/Arsenal etc. As far as I know they walk into training on their first day, the manager looks them up and down and goes "You're Spanish/French/Portuguese eh? Go and talk to Nobby, he's from Peru.....pretty much the same thing." Atleast that's what I heard about Viana.

You've probably got a point about helping players settle in (or not). It certainly wouldn't surprise me as we seem to be an unprofessional club in so many other ways. I disagree about the fans, in general picking out certain players for certain types of criticism purely because they are foreign though.

Every player is subject to criticism but once Luque fluffs a shot he's gets utterly slated for the rest of the match unless he does something of note. Bramble and Shola get the boot stuck in them aswell but it's taken years of sub-standard performances to get them to this level.

EDIT: This thread has reminded me of another posted back in the summer about Luque and his treatment when he first joined. I can't remember where the quotes came from but it was fairly clear as soon as Luque had put pen to paper he'd been left to fend for himself.

Edited by Ted Maul

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

The fans are making him feel lazy. I've heard it all now.

Only the fans who go to the match like. Wankers, all of you.

Gemmill needs to go to pakistan to establish proper perspective.

The fans are making him feel lazy. I've heard it all now.

Only the fans who go to the match like. Wankers, all of you.

I'll offer him my armchair once he gets here :mellow:

By the way I dont think the fans make anyone feel lazy, but sometimes they can have an effect on player confidence. Titus' case for example. Having said that good players learn to deal with that, Titus' or anyone else's inability to do so means they are not fit for playing at this level.

I'll offer him my armchair once he gets here :lol:

I say, that's awfully decent of you, especially after he has been so awful to you :stars:

(you wouldn't booby-trap the armchair would you?) :mellow:

I'll offer him my armchair once he gets here :stars:

I say, that's awfully decent of you, especially after he has been so awful to you :(

Oh yes, I was simply ghastly to him wasn't I? :lol:

Hes obviously lazy like, we couldnt hit a barn door on Saturday and all that twat did was sit his fat lazy arse on that bench. Not once did he get out there and give it a go.

Jesus wept.

Jesus wept back atcha tbh. I don't know where you've all of a sudden developed this love of Luque from. :mellow: People are obviously talking about the occasions when he HAS got a game and looked like he couldn't give a shit. That's the reason that all he gets to do is "sit his fat lazy arse on that bench".

We'll see what he's like tonight.

luque obvioulsy doesn't want to play for us anymore. i'm hoping he puts in a good perfomance with the hope of putting himself in the january shop window.

the best for all parties would be if we could get him off the wage bill and a few million for him on the back of a few decent games between now and christmas.

we HAVE to play him. it's luque or an untried kid. there's got to be some reason why we paid £10m for him. he can't be a total knacker, shirley?

I'll offer him my armchair once he gets here :stars:

I say, that's awfully decent of you, especially after he has been so awful to you :(

Oh yes, I was simply ghastly to him wasn't I? :lol:

Yes indeed Mr. Gemmell, simply ghastly. :(

I've barely seen Luque get into the position to have a shot to fluff tbh. :mellow:

Whey, as far as I know it's against the rules to have a bash from the bench.

He'd probably be arrested too, I would imagine.

Luque actually played and scored in United's first game of the season against Lillestrom in the InterToto Cup, and also in the goalless draw with Ventspils in the UEFA Cup, both at St James' Park.

:mellow:

Luque actually played and scored in United's first game of the season against Lillestrom in the InterToto Cup, and also in the goalless draw with Ventspils in the UEFA Cup, both at St James' Park.

:mellow:

First one was a goal, second one was with the female WPC guarding the dugout.

I'll offer him my armchair once he gets here :lol:

I say, that's awfully decent of you, especially after he has been so awful to you :stars:

A whoopie cushion ought to teach him :(

Hes obviously lazy like, we couldnt hit a barn door on Saturday and all that twat did was sit his fat lazy arse on that bench. Not once did he get out there and give it a go.

Jesus wept.

Jesus wept back atcha tbh. I don't know where you've all of a sudden developed this love of Luque from. :) People are obviously talking about the occasions when he HAS got a game and looked like he couldn't give a shit. That's the reason that all he gets to do is "sit his fat lazy arse on that bench".

We'll see what he's like tonight.

yep we shall. :(

And its not a love of Luque tbh more a sheer hatred of Roeder and the stupidity of not chancing his arm on Saturday when the world and his brother could see we werent getting nowt with 20minutes to go.