Leazes?

Ted Maul

BTW... I am in the process of copying old videos of clips from TV I've made over the years, onto DVD's and tonight I watched an interview of Tony Galvin [for KK bandwagon jumpers who think we have always been winning cups and playing in europe since the 1950's he was Ossie Ardiles assistant] and said that he and Ossie "had a plan, but it would need patience and wouldn't happen overnight"....laugh ? ....I nearly swallowed the fucking blueprint .... what a wanker, mind you someone could explain what happened to that plan if they know anything about it or feel the need to prove something ........

Ah, because we had once someone with a plan that failed, we shouldn't using planning, foresight, logic, sense etc. again. :razz:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of naivety...your post about this "lack of planning" business regarding Shepherd sacking Bobby Robson and not having a manager in mind...of course he did, every chairman in football has an eye on managers just the same as fans do. Football is a reactionary game, managers are sacked all the time, the simple fact is that the club chose Souness which was a wrong decision. How do you know he wasn't on a short list ? Of course he was.....the wrong choice most definitely, but he would have been on a short list of replacements. I can't believe the amount of tossers on here who make things up as they go. Such as a load of bollocks like such statements.

It's pretty obvious that Fat Fred didn't have anyone in mind or Souness would never have been in the picture (even Fat Fred himself now freely admits Souness was a rather "WTF" moment - and to be honest if Souness wasn't an "oh shit who do we get now" appointment, then that just further underlines Fat Fred's chronic lack of judgement).

But his lack of foresight in that context was frankly amazing.

Not only did he undermine the manager, repeatedly in many different ways, for a good 6-9 months before eventually sacking him (which is potty, it doesn’t take foresight to understand waging what was effectively a behind the scenes war with your manager is INSANE, but shows how the club is run).

But then he dithered about and didn't take decisive action at the end of the season (which may still have lead to a bad situation, but at least gave MUCH more opportunity to find and court a top class manager).

And then completely pointlessly sacked him at the beginning of the next season when it was far too early to say what was really going to happen (although by that point Fat Fred had so deeply and consistently undermined Robson on every single level he perhaps left himself with little choice).

If Fat Fred wasn't a significant shareholder and wasn't at NUFC, then at any other business he'd have lost his job for making such a pigs ear of that situation.

And now because of that debacle and the resulting soap-opera Newcastle find themselves at the foot of the table with arguably the weakest squad since the early 90’s (although in fairness it has to be said injuries are playing a big role as usual – but then that is the whole strength in depth issue), with the Champions League frankly looking infinitely further out of reach than just the plain old Championship.

Maybe we would be better with Mystic Meg as chairwoman.

Speaking of naivety...your post about this "lack of planning" business regarding Shepherd sacking Bobby Robson and not having a manager in mind...of course he did, every chairman in football has an eye on managers just the same as fans do. Football is a reactionary game, managers are sacked all the time, the simple fact is that the club chose Souness which was a wrong decision. How do you know he wasn't on a short list ? Of course he was.....the wrong choice most definitely, but he would have been on a short list of replacements. I can't believe the amount of tossers on here who make things up as they go. Such as a load of bollocks like such statements.

It's pretty obvious that Fat Fred didn't have anyone in mind or Souness would never have been in the picture (even Fat Fred himself now freely admits Souness was a rather "WTF" moment - and to be honest if Souness wasn't an "oh shit who do we get now" appointment, then that just further underlines Fat Fred's chronic lack of judgement).

Not only did he undermine the manager, repeatedly in many different ways, for a good 6-9 months before eventually sacking him (which is potty, it doesn’t take foresight to understand waging what was effectively a behind the scenes war with your manager is INSANE, but shows how the club is run).

But then he dithered about and didn't take decisive action at the end of the season (which may still have lead to a bad situation, but at least gave MUCH more opportunity to find and court a top class manager).

And then completely pointlessly sacked him at the beginning of the next season when it was far too early to say what was really going to happen (although by that point Fat Fred had so deeply and consistently undermined Robson on every single level he perhaps left himself with little choice).

If Fat Fred wasn't a significant shareholder and wasn't at NUFC, then at any other business he'd have lost his job for making such a pigs ear of that situation.

And now because of that debacle and the resulting soap-opera Newcastle find themselves at the foot of the table with arguably the weakest squad since the early 90’s (although in fairness it has to be said injuries are playing a big role as usual – but then that is the whole strength in depth issue), with the Champions League frankly looking infinitely further out of reach than just the plain old Championship.

Quite. Nicely put again.

But it doesn't matter how eloquently you explain this to Leazes or how concisely you write, he just cannot, or will not, grasp the point.

Leazes defence of Shepherd in signing Souness is possibly the most ironic and contrary stance in the history of the internet. It really beggars belief.

Aye, good points again Fop, but as you'll learn, there's no reasoning with him. Makes a good curry though.

Which makes him slightly more useful than the man he's trying so deperately to defend.

Bizarrely, if you click on the link to Leazes web site (HTT, in his sig), on the front page, on his Sheffield United match report editorial, Leazes admits Shepherd is responsible for our decline for appointing Souness, and says he wants shooting for playing the match a day earlier than necessary for the Sky pay out.

Fancy that, contrary bugger indeed.

My my, Leazes is obsessed with my qualifications again, now there's a surprise. Ironically this is one discussion they may have some relevance as it happens, because I spent 6 years in cancer research. I'll not go into details, but I'm fairly sure I know more about the subject than you.

And unlike you, I am not going to presume that Roeder's tumour had any effect on him or not in the year he was relegated, or at what exact point in time it may have become symptomatic. As far as I was aware, he was affected very suddenly, with symptoms similar to a stroke. It is possible he may have been getting some symptoms such as headaches prior to this event, or he might have felt nothing wrong at all. The crucial point is I don't know, and you don't know. What I do know is that the condition was not diagnosed prior to his collapse and he never publically complained about it affecting his job prior to or after this. Therefore I would respect his privacy on the matter and not go around making assumptions about it.

Robson, btw, has had cancer 4 times now, and he had very few initial symptoms from any of these tumours, in fact in the last case it was completely asymptomatic and was found by chance. He also doesn't use his health as an excuse either, even though it has been at least as bad as Roeder's. I agree that both Robson and Roeder are dignified men, I'm sure neither of them would want you speculating on how their health has impacted on their jobs, let alone use it as an excuse for their failings, but you are probably just too crass to understand this, aren't you?

Btw, why have you dodged the point about Souness? I remember clearly you complaining about what a terrible job he did at Liverpool, do you deny this? Well, he had a life threatening heart complaint, one that would have given him terrible pain and other symptoms, plus would have put him very much in fear of dying. Why does he not warrant your sympathy?

I'll tell you why shall I? Because it doesn't suit your pathetic arguments, that's why. And this proves to me that you are merely using Roeder's illness as a smoke screen in a vain attempt to justify your support for his candidture, which just about sums you up, you pig ignorant, obstinate, fool.

Basically.......I am gobsmacked someone with your qualifications can not be aware of the impact on a person who had the condition Roeder did. I am not making excuses for anyone, I am pionting out the effect it has on any human being. If you can't see that, then you truly are a prick of the highest order. Football doesn't come into this at all. My arguments aren't pathetic, and for someone who thinks they know about medical things, there is nothing really else anyone can say. YOu are a cunt mate, and a fucking thick stupid one at that.

and where the fuck have you appeared from ? Are you one of those who change their usernames because you've been made to look a prick and don't tell anybody :razz:

Leaze why do you find it necessary to call people cunts and pricks when your are arguing your point?

Forgetting the fact that you don't agree with people, fine different opinions are what make the world go round but when you resort to insults it negates any strength to your argument.

Sorry mate it just seems a bit pointless.

........... not going to presume that Roeder's tumour had any effect on him or not in the year he was relegated, or at what exact point in time it may have become symptomatic............... he was affected very suddenly, with symptoms similar to a stroke. It is possible he may have been getting some symptoms such as headaches prior to this event, or he might have felt nothing wrong at all............ the condition was not diagnosed prior to his collapse and he never publically complained about it affecting his job prior to or after this................

Robson, btw, has had cancer 4 times now, and he had very few initial symptoms from any of these tumours, in fact in the last case it was completely asymptomatic and was found by chance. He also doesn't use his health as an excuse either, even though it has been at least as bad as Roeder's.....................

............... proves to me that you are merely using Roeder's illness as a smoke screen in a vain attempt to justify your support for his candidture.........................................

.................................................... the impact on a person who had the condition Roeder did. I am not making excuses for anyone, I am pionting out the effect it has on any human being...........

I suggest you two read my earlier post about my experience with a brain tumour and recognise the fact that niether one of you really knows anything about situations like that as each person reacts differently and in different degrees to the other in similar circumstances. You are both farting in a thunderstom, or pissing into the wind if you like.

and where the fuck have you appeared from ? Are you one of those who change their usernames because you've been made to look a prick and don't tell anybody :razz:

Great response. Whoever it is, he's ripped your argument to bits (again) and made points you have no way of responding to, so you resort to making the assumption that he's changed his username so you can call him a prick. Well done.

My my, Leazes is obsessed with my qualifications again, now there's a surprise. Ironically this is one discussion they may have some relevance as it happens, because I spent 6 years in cancer research. I'll not go into details, but I'm fairly sure I know more about the subject than you.

And unlike you, I am not going to presume that Roeder's tumour had any effect on him or not in the year he was relegated, or at what exact point in time it may have become symptomatic. As far as I was aware, he was affected very suddenly, with symptoms similar to a stroke. It is possible he may have been getting some symptoms such as headaches prior to this event, or he might have felt nothing wrong at all. The crucial point is I don't know, and you don't know. What I do know is that the condition was not diagnosed prior to his collapse and he never publically complained about it affecting his job prior to or after this. Therefore I would respect his privacy on the matter and not go around making assumptions about it.

Robson, btw, has had cancer 4 times now, and he had very few initial symptoms from any of these tumours, in fact in the last case it was completely asymptomatic and was found by chance. He also doesn't use his health as an excuse either, even though it has been at least as bad as Roeder's. I agree that both Robson and Roeder are dignified men, I'm sure neither of them would want you speculating on how their health has impacted on their jobs, let alone use it as an excuse for their failings, but you are probably just too crass to understand this, aren't you?

Btw, why have you dodged the point about Souness? I remember clearly you complaining about what a terrible job he did at Liverpool, do you deny this? Well, he had a life threatening heart complaint, one that would have given him terrible pain and other symptoms, plus would have put him very much in fear of dying. Why does he not warrant your sympathy?

I'll tell you why shall I? Because it doesn't suit your pathetic arguments, that's why. And this proves to me that you are merely using Roeder's illness as a smoke screen in a vain attempt to justify your support for his candidture, which just about sums you up, you pig ignorant, obstinate, fool.

Basically.......I am gobsmacked someone with your qualifications can not be aware of the impact on a person who had the condition Roeder did. I am not making excuses for anyone, I am pionting out the effect it has on any human being. If you can't see that, then you truly are a prick of the highest order. Football doesn't come into this at all. My arguments aren't pathetic, and for someone who thinks they know about medical things, there is nothing really else anyone can say. YOu are a cunt mate, and a fucking thick stupid one at that.

Really, how thick are you? Do you actually bother reading other peoples' posts, or are you just too unintelligent to understand them? I'm not going to bother reiterating my point because it's completely pointless, but its noticeable that you have failed even to acknowledge what I'm talking about, and once again you seem to be claiming you have knowledge about Roeder's health none of the rest of us (possibly including Roeder) are privvy too.

But, needless to say, I notice you have avoided the question about having symapthy for Souness, not suprising as avoiding difficult questions is your forte. Calling me a fucking stupid cunt isn't going to make me forget that, all it does is prove what an insecure, pathetic specimen of a human being you really are.

:icon_lol: Fight! Fight! Fight!

If you ever want to put Leazes into a full on abusive tirade, just mention to him the fact he is thick. He hates it, because he has just enough brain power to realise it's true!

;)

and where the fuck have you appeared from ? Are you one of those who change their usernames because you've been made to look a prick and don't tell anybody ;)

Like NE5 on N-O?

Leaze why do you find it necessary to call people cunts and pricks when your are arguing your point?

Forgetting the fact that you don't agree with people, fine different opinions are what make the world go round but when you resort to insults it negates any strength to your argument.

Sorry mate it just seems a bit pointless.

I am not responding in any way to Rentons posts about Roeder - or Souness - being fit to manage a football club, I am pointing out the human condition of having a brain tumour and the effect it has on your life. Roeder did well with West Ham until his brain tumour became noticeable and effected him. This is not rocket science. Only a complete utter twat would not understand this, and for someone with medical qualifications it begs belief. He must therefore be either a holder of a shite qualification or be an utter cunt.

Period.