Watford vs Newcastle

Matty

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe we just won a competitive penalty shoot out and yet i felt we would for some reason.

I think one reason is that its away from home, when we're at St. James the pressure is really all on our players and i think you often find away teams win the shootouts.

Guest Patrokles

well, we've rode our luck this game. We deserved the win, but we've been lucky as we didn't take our chances to kill the game.

Oh well. Let's just enjoy it instead.

well, we've rode our luck this game. We deserved the win, but we've been lucky as we didn't take our chances to kill the game.

Dont get me wrong. I'm pleased we've won and I don't want to harp on about our mistakes as we got the win we deserved.

Just worried by our inability to take our chances and kill off games we dominate.

We've got a few days rest before Saturday against Citeh.

Hey, we've broken out penalty hoodoo, maybe we can break our COM Stadium hoodoo too! :unsure:

Dont get me wrong. I'm pleased we've won and I don't want to harp on about our mistakes as we got the win we deserved.

Just worried by our inability to take our chances and kill off games we dominate.

We've got a few days rest before Saturday against Citeh.

Hey, we've broken out penalty hoodoo, maybe we can break our COM Stadium hoodoo too! :unsure:

Breaking the penalty hoodoo is the most pleasing aspect of this win. However, I'm not convinced we've turned a corner (as Century have just stated), and at the end of the day I couldn't care less about the league cup. This victory means nothing if we can't transfer the performance to the league and gain some points, starting on Saturday.

There should be a special edition DVD and open-top bus parade tomorrow celebrating the day we won a penalty shoot-out.

Agreed.

Maybe just give us the cup now for winning a pen shoot-out at the 14th (?) attempt.

I'm off to stand outside SJP tomorrow with me 'Shepherd In' t-shirt on :unsure: Knee-jerk? Moi?

Told you we wouldn't, er, what, er that we would win the shoot-out :unsure::D

Bobby Moncur gave the MOTM to Ramage - said he was a defender first and foremost; nothing fancy just does the job.

Moncur also said Carr had a stinker.

Moncur gave MotM to Bramble recently against Bolton when he was SHIT!

Breaking the penalty hoodoo is the most pleasing aspect of this win. However, I'm not convinced we've turned a corner (as Century have just stated), and at the end of the day I couldn't care less about the league cup. This victory means nothing if we can't transfer the performance to the league and gain some points, starting on Saturday.

Jeez, Renton, I wish I could buy you that beer I owe you right now!

Savour the victory, mate, and leave the rest for another day :unsure::D

Jeez, Renton, I wish I could buy you that beer I owe you right now!

Savour the victory, mate, and leave the rest for another day :D:angry:

Rentboy's right though, snakeflaps... :unsure:

Edited by Fat Boy

I'm glad we won but we're still fucking useless. The euphoria of winning a penalty shootout is subsiding and giving way to the fact that it was only fucking WATFORD. :unsure: