Is this the biggest loser in the world?

AgentFox

He's a complete tit who would ahve been locked up if he wasn't " a celebrity" since he alwayss eems to be getting done for drugs, assaulting the press and indeed spraying syringes of blood at people.

The fact that some people think his music somehow saves him from being a complete twat is worrying since i heard two of them and to call them medicore would be kind. If thats's the stuff he gets heralded for then he'd be a legend and hero to the country if he'd produced some actually decent music.

Not down with the kids tbh :razz:

:dancing:

Not in the "Gary Glitter" sense anyway!

But you're right, i think most of what kids listen to is unmitigated shite as is proven every time i hear stuff in the charts!

Nowt to do with kids, it's the conditioning of the radio and television and laziness of the general public to blame for that.

Its a combination, alot is from the media and the record companies filling our lives with shite music, but the fact remains alot of kids are thick/underdeveloped intellectually and have an appalling lack of taste in music and knowledge of music.

With the internet you can seek out and experience any music you could possibly imagine and do it for free or pay depending on your ethics! Virtually all kids use the net so the always have the chance to experiment with music and see what's out there away from chart shite and what music there is from the past etc.

It's true enough, but at the same time, the stuff people discover online isn't what gets into the charts, so it's hard to tell really how many kids are listening to what the more discerning listener does. it also depends on their parents to an extent, too. Whether they have a legacy to pass down.

brought up on zep and floyd baby :icon_lol:

and free and the like

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a complete tit who would ahve been locked up if he wasn't " a celebrity" since he alwayss eems to be getting done for drugs, assaulting the press and indeed spraying syringes of blood at people.

The fact that some people think his music somehow saves him from being a complete twat is worrying since i heard two of them and to call them medicore would be kind. If thats's the stuff he gets heralded for then he'd be a legend and hero to the country if he'd produced some actually decent music.

But you're right, i think most of what kids listen to is unmitigated shite as is proven every time i hear stuff in the charts!

Nowt to do with kids, it's the conditioning of the radio and television and laziness of the general public to blame for that.

Its a combination, alot is from the media and the record companies filling our lives with shite music, but the fact remains alot of kids are thick/underdeveloped intellectually and have an appalling lack of taste in music and knowledge of music.

With the internet you can seek out and experience any music you could possibly imagine and do it for free or pay depending on your ethics! Virtually all kids use the net so the always have the chance to experiment with music and see what's out there away from chart shite and what music there is from the past etc.

It's true enough, but at the same time, the stuff people discover online isn't what gets into the charts, so it's hard to tell really how many kids are listening to what the more discerning listener does. it also depends on their parents to an extent, too. Whether they have a legacy to pass down.

To be fair i'm also often surprised by the lack of knowledge alot of adults have in music and the very narrow range of music some grown ups listen to, though it doesn't affect me, so each to their own i suppose!

I always liked (and still do) my parents music which was Blues, Rock and Roll and Motown stuff mostly and that may have played a part in the music i listen to even though most of it is stuff my parents wouldn't listen to at all. Unless my mam is secretly listening to all my heavy metal albums!

brought up on zep and floyd baby :icon_lol:

and free and the like

Should be compulsory parenting, so well done to yours! Whilst i listen to Zep and Floyd my parents didn't, though both were extremely impressed when Floyd stormed the Live8 gig and showed everyone else on the bill how its done.

When people say you cannit excuse him because of his music... Whey, alot of people on here excuse Gazza of being a waster because of his talent on the pitch...

Double standards?

Tin hat in place!

When people say you cannit excuse him because of his music... Whey, alot of people on here excuse Gazza of being a waster because of his talent on the pitch...

Double standards?

Tin hat in place!

It would be double standards if Gazza wasn't a supremely gifted footballer with amazing skills or if Pete Docherty was actually a taleneted song writer and musician, but since one was great but wasted it and the other isn't even average its not double standards!

Gazza is arguably worse as he wasted a genuinely world class talent and could have been the best around, Docherty isn't really wasting anything!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Double standards?

Tin hat in place!

It would be double standards if Gazza wasn't a supremely gifted footballer with amazing skills or if Pete Docherty was actually a taleneted song writer and musician, but since one was great but wasted it and the other isn't even average its not double standards!

Gazza is arguably worse as he wasted a genuinely world class talent and could have been the best around, Docherty isn't really wasting anything!

It's all opinions then tbh mate, as i think Doherty is a great songwriter and am a big fan of the Libertines and Babyshambles...

By no means am i a fan of him as a person though, i just thought id chip in on the debate :razz:

Double standards?

Tin hat in place!

It's all opinions then tbh mate, as i think Doherty is a great songwriter and am a big fan of the Libertines and Babyshambles...

By no means am i a fan of him as a person though, i just thought id chip in on the debate :razz:

Music would be boring if we all agreed and listened to the same stuff!

To build on geordieshandy's sig (which is a fantastic quote IMO) I bet Doherty does sometimes think, "Well, to be honest, after years of smoking and drug abuse, you do sometimes look at yourself and think, you know, sometimes, between that first shoot up with coffee in the morning, and that 400th ejaculation inside Kate Moss at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think...

This is fantastic. I'm in heaven"

I think he's a tit.

don't care if he could piss rainbows, write music which cured the common cold and farted the works of Mozart. He's still a tit.

this is born from watching him live, watching him live on tv, watching a fat journo get recognition for a shit bit of reporting/stalking, etc.

the worst thing about him is probably that his psychophantic satellites seem to perpetuate his self destruction.

I'm a bigger loser than him and I'm not even the biggest loser at the matchday piss-ups tbh.

:razz:

Has Medina started attending or summat?

even then his statement would be debatable at best :dancing:

Unless you turned up.

He is the modern Earl of Essex. A completely talentless prick who is surrounded by sycophantic mates telling him how great he is. My mate thinks he is amazing and gave me 2 albums to listen to. My amate is unfortunately a heavy drug using waste of space (but will always be my mate) and the albums I listened to were cack of the highest order. To compare him favourably to Lord Byron as some do is a crime against art. Lord Byron was born with a club foot attacked the house of lords and fought for the rights of the working class (literally he offered to box anyone who disagreed with him). Hopefully one day Docherty wil share the fate of Essex.

I think he's a tit.

don't care if he could piss rainbows, write music which cured the common cold and farted the works of Mozart. He's still a tit.

this is born from watching him live, watching him live on tv, watching a fat journo get recognition for a shit bit of reporting/stalking, etc.

the worst thing about him is probably that his psychophantic satellites seem to perpetuate his self destruction.

If you're going to try and look clever at least spell the words right.

The Libertines were very good imo, but Babyshambles are just a junkie noise tbh.

My theory on him is thus; The Libertines were good so built up a pretty excellent fan base. Doherty becomes more and more anti-establishment and the papers start to build him up as a twat, which he may or may not be tbh. His fans therefore become overly protective of him and defensive to the point that they label him a 'genius.' The NME jump smack bang on the bandwagon hyping him up. I think it would have stopped there had he not started porking Kate Moss. Now the press hate him and Kate Moss so whatever he does that is not so legal gets loads of column inches.

His fans have become so overly defensive because of all the personal attacks on him by the media that he could have realesed an album of him making noises whilst having a shite and they would have labelled it genius.

I think he's a tit.

If you're going to try and look clever at least spell the words right.

Not as verbose as some on here tbh.

The Libertines were very good imo, but Babyshambles are just a junkie noise tbh.

My theory on him is thus; The Libertines were good so built up a pretty excellent fan base. Doherty becomes more and more anti-establishment and the papers start to build him up as a twat, which he may or may not be tbh. His fans therefore become overly protective of him and defensive to the point that they label him a 'genius.' The NME jump smack bang on the bandwagon hyping him up. I think it would have stopped there had he not started porking Kate Moss. Now the press hate him and Kate Moss so whatever he does that is not so legal gets loads of column inches.

His fans have become so overly defensive because of all the personal attacks on him by the media that he could have realesed an album of him making noises whilst having a shite and they would have labelled it genius.

I actually think the press love Kate Moss and perceive him (or at least portray him) as leading her down the road to drug abuse, which is bollocks imo. Probably been at the nose candy for a long time before she met him. None of the journalists at these papers would ever touch the stuff like :razz:

I actually think the press love Kate Moss and perceive him (or at least portray him) as leading her down the road to drug abuse, which is bollocks imo. Probably been at the nose candy for a long time before she met him. None of the journalists at these papers would ever touch the stuff like :razz:

What papers believe and what they print (particularly in the tabloids) are two very, very different things. The papers couldn't hate him when he provides them with such material. They're just rubbing their hands in anticipation in the hope that he snuffs it, which is absolutely abhorrent.

I think SLP has hit the nail on the head, apart from that Babyshambles do have a few good songs IMO. But yes, they're mostly cack.

Since it's hard to blame him for taking the cash and plaudits that the music industry seems happy to spunk all over him, I suppose I have less of a problem with Doherty himself than the stoodenty wankers who hang onto his every word ostensibly because his lifestyle is that of a REAL MAN. It's pretty depressing.

Love that

Since it's hard to blame him for taking the cash and plaudits that the music industry seems happy to spunk all over him, I suppose I have less of a problem with Doherty himself than the stoodenty wankers who hang onto his every word ostensibly because his lifestyle is that of a REAL MAN. It's pretty depressing.

Good point, at the height of Oasis' fame and success I always thought Liam was a tosser. However, the Liam clones walking about everywhere were far worse. There was even a lad at university who went the whole hog and as well as dressing, walking and having the Liam hair do he even affected a Manchester accent and claimed to be from Hulme. He was talking to me and a mate of mine in a bar once (the mate was a Manc) and he thought there was something amiss with his accent. Turns out he was from Sunderland. What a plonker.

Good point, at the height of Oasis' fame and success I always thought Liam was a tosser. However, the Liam clones walking about everywhere were far worse. There was even a lad at university who went the whole hog and as well as dressing, walking and having the Liam hair do he even affected a Manchester accent and claimed to be from Hulme. He was talking to me and a mate of mine in a bar once (the mate was a Manc) and he thought there was something amiss with his accent. Turns out he was from Sunderland. What a plonker.

He sounds mad fer it!