NUFC vs. Manchester City

janu

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why leave it until 5 minutes to go. This our gameplan now? Look bog-standard then go for it with 5 minutes to go?

Dyer instantly looking like the best player we have shows how far we have fallen tbh

As Gemmill said, Dyer made a hell of a difference to the team. Someone running at players, looking for one-twos, short precise passing, making himself always available and running into positions. Hopefully we will see him for a longer time now, we really need him.

officially our worst start to the premiership.

Some of the blame liea with Roeder, some with Souness, but the Chairmans grubby fingerprints are all over this result.

bad appointments, bad transfer decisions, bad diet, bad PR... ]

fuck I'm depressed, not with grabbing a point away from home against a team who haven't conceded a goal at home this season, but about the manner in which we played the first 80 odd minutes.

I suppose there is some consolation in the fact we didn't lose even when we should have.

This game in itself shows that Roeder is not the man for the job especially after playing Shola for so long.

I thought that was a pathetic performance, we got a point through Man City's lack of quality up front rather than anything we did right, to go 85 minutes without hitting the target is utterly indefencible and a woeful example of the state of the team.

Roeder's decision to start with Ameobi was unforgivable, a clearly unfit, injured player being selected in the starting XI was pathetic, Stephen Carr might as well have been wearing a City shirt, I'd rather have Nobby at rightback.

Dyer's inclusion was the driving force of that final push and Dyer will be a vital factor in our season if he can stay fit.

If.

I thought that was a pathetic performance, we got a point through Man City's lack of quality up front rather than anything we did right, to go 85 minutes without hitting the target is utterly indefencible and a woeful example of the state of the team.

Roeder's decision to start with Ameobi was unforgivable, a clearly unfit, injured player being selected in the starting XI was pathetic, Stephen Carr might as well have been wearing a City shirt, I'd rather have Nobby at rightback.

Dyer's inclusion was the driving force of that final push and Dyer will be a vital factor in our season if he can stay fit.

If.

Agreed. But Dyer still can't shoot for shit and will not get us many goals unfortunately. Plus as you suggest we will be lucky to get 10 games from him.

At the end of the day, city were shockingly bad, but still dominated 90% of the game. Neither of the teams today deserved to have the premiership written on their badges.

Guest Patrokles

Dyer also brings the best out of intelligent players, as we saw with his partnership with Solano when he was fit last, years ago. There were signs of that with Emre- who was otherwise pretty poor- today.

Dyer also brings the best out of intelligent players, as we saw with his partnership with Solano when he was fit last, years ago. There were signs of that with Emre- who was otherwise pretty poor- today.

Very true. Dyer not only brings a change to the team with his own performance, he also gets more out of any other decent footballers we have in the team. It is vital to us that he stays fit and plays enough games whatever poition he is used in, be it central mid, out wide or up front.

Well, that was fucking shit.

Roeder wants shooting for starting Shola - he made Shearer in his last season look like Carl Lewis. I hope Carr is out for the season and as for Babayaro, what a surprise to see him miss out again, what a cock. Couldn't be arsed to earn his wages - again.

Hopefully Dyer will stay fit for the rest of the season (yeah, right) and honestly, even Luque couldn't have been worse than Shola and Sibierski up front.

I was there and it looked no better in the flesh I can assure you.

Got a free scarf though... yay..........

Shite atmposphere in that athletics stadium they play football in once again like, from both sets of fans as well.

Shite atmposphere in that athletics stadium they play football in once again like, from both sets of fans as well.

Thought the atmosphere in our end was quality, the City fans didn't make a squeak though.

Thought the atmosphere in our end was quality, the City fans didn't make a squeak though.

Were you on the bottom tier?

Because it seemed decent down there, but I was on the top tier and it was full of kids and people who it seemed had never been to a Newcastle match before...

Were you on the bottom tier?

Because it seemed decent down there, but I was on the top tier and it was full of kids and people who it seemed had never been to a Newcastle match before...

Yeh back row of the bottom tier. Was hard to tell if there was any noise coming from upstairs like as I couldn't see them, but downstairs was a good laugh.