Dennis Wise quits Leeds to sign up for Newcastle revolution

Scottish Mag

Leeds United boss Dennis Wise will be offered a role as Newcastle's director of football, BBC Leeds understands.

A Leeds spokesperson would only confirm that Wise will be in charge of the team for Tuesday's game at Southend.

Wise, 41, who played for England under Keegan, has guided Leeds into play-off contention in League One despite them starting the season on minus 15 points.

That penalty followed their going into administration and being relegated, and money remains tight at Elland Road.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7213096.stm

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he'll just be an assistant....and a good one.

Otherwise I agree completely with the sentiment, Dennis Wise isn't the sort you want overseeing all aspects of the football side of things other than than one to one work with players.

Ronny Gill says its on

Wise would not be involved in the day-to-day first-team duties but would be employed in a similar role to Frank Arnesen at Chelsea, overseeing all other aspects of the club.

Is this not just like asking Fegan (sp?) to come and look after your kids?

My boss is a Leeds fan and he reckons that Leeds haven't been doing too well since Poyet left for Spurs. This talk about Wise guiding them to a play-off place with a 15 point deduction wasn't down to Wise so the Leeds fans think.