What Bollocks

Tooj

If it's not the red of Man U (woooh yeah!) or the blue of Chelsea (woooh yeah!) then the yanks don't know. You know, they're are loads of US football fans that know their stuff, then the media over there sends it to shit. To be fair, we've got the Sun, Mirror, Star, and scarily the Sport to for the yanks to source similar shit.

The mackems will be having a field day with this. :)

Who cares really?

To quote Billy Furious:

sunderland fans often accuse Newcastle fans of being arrogant, that we believe we are naturally better than them, that even if they finish higher in the League or if they are in a higher League altogether, we refuse to accept that they are the better team.

It's absolutely true - guilty as charged.

Apart from the fact that we all know that sunderland is a dump and many of its inhabitants are unwashed, inbred halfwits who smell like damp goats, look at us man!

Black and white looks cooler than red and white. It's a fact. We turn up for a game and even before a ball is kicked we have the swagger of knowing that we look better than them or anybody else.

50,000 Newcastle fans gathered in the same place is the most spectacular sight in football. We make sunderland fans look like a warehouse full of tatty old deckchairs.

Black and White is as cool as you can get - it's Bogart in "Casablanca", Monroe in "Some like it hot", Marlon Brandon in "The Wild Ones" and a triumphant Ali standing over the floored Sonny Liston.

The coolest start to any film in the last ten years (sic) is when the cast of Reservoir Dogs walk out the restaurant together to rob the bank. They look so fuckin' great because they are wearing black and white. If they were wearing red and white they would look like clowns going to the fuckin' circus.

A fair few lasses at University who knew fuck all about football reckoned Newcastle were good because they had the best kits. Either that or they were just trying to get in with me. Or a combination of both.

A fair few lasses at University who knew fuck all about football reckoned Newcastle were good because they had the best kits. Either that or they were just trying to get in with me. Or a combination of both.

:)

The Spurs 2nd kit this year?! Brown for fuck sake!

Or maybe our current 2nd strip?

Or that gold one Man Utd used to wear?

Or Arsenal's last season?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well instead of bleating about it let just invade the toerags site and let him know what we think of him and his poxy opinions

Well instead of bleating about it let just invade the toerags site and let him know what we think of him and his poxy opinions

Which is exactly what he wants... :)

And why exactly would he want an angry exchange with a large amount of posters.A reaction - yes

a mixed view - yes ,but if the entire reaction is negative ,his editor kicks his arse.

Smartarse :o

And why exactly would he want an angry exchange with a large amount of posters.A reaction - yes

a mixed view - yes ,but if the entire reaction is negative ,his editor kicks his arse.

When a columnist writes shit stirring stuff like '10 Worst' lists, they're expecting an almost entirely negative response from people 'defending' their favorite player/team. That is the desired response as it shows that you are reading his shite and and suggests that you may continue to do so to be certain he doesn't make another 'error in judgement.'

Google image search first page results for "Referee"

Imagine you're a sports loving male born and raised in the US within the last 40 years. The NFL and NBA dominate the airwaves for half the year. Referees in those games by and large wear thin black and white vertical stripes. This image is pretty much ingrained in you as "this is what referees look like."

So some 30 odd years later somehow you end up as a writer and you're writing about terrible "jerseys" and you decided to look at all sports for inspiration and lo and behold there's one that looks just like the referees you're used to seeing. So you include it in the article.

It may be a hard fact to swallow, and I'm sure many of you will snidely remark as to not caring anyway, but to most Americans, yes, the kit does look ridiculous. I've had people yell "IT'S GOOD!" at me and hold up both hands ala an NFL referee while out with the shirt on. I've had others compliment me on it or just plain ask what it's all about.

In conclusion, at first glance the writer is a mong but if you actually think about it, finding the kit odd looking from an American perspective isn't completely out of the question.

Which is exactly what he wants... :o

Smartarse :razz:

When a columnist writes shit stirring stuff like '10 Worst' lists, they're expecting an almost entirely negative response from people 'defending' their favorite player/team. That is the desired response as it shows that you are reading his shite and and suggests that you may continue to do so to be certain he doesn't make another 'error in judgement.'

So can I conclude from that,pushing your theory a little further,that if someone insults you or yours ,that you would do nothing.Just incase they came back and did it again?

Sorry I prefer to stand up. That is on personal level.

Funny how you recommend turning the other cheek, but sitting at a consule you rolling your eyes .Well seen you would not do it face to face

Professionally I've worked in and around the media for over15 years(the record industry)and have yet to meet people within the industry as a whole, who purposely piss off the paying public.Maybe it is different where you live.

If you would rather attack someone who has supported Newcastle for forty years and stand up for some American hack I can only deduce that you are a tosser :)

So can I conclude from that,pushing your theory a little further,that if someone insults you or yours ,that you would do nothing.Just incase they came back and did it again?

Sorry I prefer to stand up. That is on personal level.

Funny how you recommend turning the other cheek, but sitting at a consule you rolling your eyes .Well seen you would not do it face to face

Professionally I've worked in and around the media for over15 years(the record industry)and have yet to meet people within the industry as a whole, who purposely piss off the paying public.Maybe it is different where you live.

If you would rather attack someone who has supported Newcastle for forty years and stand up for some American hack I can only deduce that you are a tosser :o

:)

Do yourself a favour man, shush. :razz:

It's an old old tactic, meeja types will deliberately say something controversial simply for the outrage it provokes. They know that the number of people who will actually stop buying/listening/reading their shite is insignificant when stacked up against the sheer volume of people who will furiously write off a reply and buy/listen/read next weeks offering in the veign hope the original author will retract his statements with a humble apology to the fine men and women who saw fit to complain.

Howay man, Talksport do it week in week out, the tabloids do it. They do it to get people like you up on their high horse.

If you're genuinely offended by something that an American (of all people) said, on a website, about the colour of a fucking strip, then by Gods man, you need to adjust your indignity-cannon.

He's not going to retract his statemtn, his statement bears little or no relevance to fact or general consensus, so why, oh why could you give the tiniest of rats shit? :D:D

Advertising revenue tbh