TOON V READING

TOPTOON

What team would you play?

Harper, Krul, Bramble, Duff, the now very important Dyer and Parker are all expected to be out along with the usuals Owen and shola.

Car and Baba back. No mention of Moore.

Depending very much on the fitness of Moore and the sharpness of Baba i'd go:

Given

Solano Taylor Ramage Baba*

Milner Butt Emre Zoggy

The Sib Martins

Subs

Forster

Moore?/Huntingdon

Pattison

Rossi

O'brien

*If baba's not looking sharp enough and moore is actually fit, bring Moore in at CB and Rammy at LB.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up with Dyer, like????

Gash.

Clever. :(

Cut or no cut, he should play. He is just as likely to pull his hamstring the day before, the day after, or even pulling his wallet out of his trouser pocket (he doesn't have a man bag) so if he is fit to play, he should play. Reading is another must-win game. Lose it and more pressure comes on the Blackbum game than would be felt if we went there on the back of a win against Reading.

Gash.

Clever. :D

Cut or no cut, he should play. He is just as likely to pull his hamstring the day before, the day after, or even pulling his wallet out of his trouser pocket (he doesn't have a man bag) so if he is fit to play, he should play. Reading is another must-win game. Lose it and more pressure comes on the Blackbum game than would be felt if we went there on the back of a win against Reading.

If he's got a gash on his leg which still has stitches in, then he's not fit to play, you silly old Whitley Bay mongoloid! :(

Gash.

If he's got a gash on his leg which still has stitches in, then he's not fit to play, you silly old Whitley Bay mongoloid! :(

He should play regardless, Mr "I take a fortnight off work if I've got the sniffles".

Gash.

He should play regardless, Mr "I take a fortnight off work if I've got the sniffles".

Correct.

'Stitches in, so he can't play' :(:lol::blink::huh::rolleyes::rolleyes: It was only a fuckin' scratch to us north tynesiders. PUFF!

Renton, you couldn't even get to the pub for a pre-match drink last week because, and I quote, "I feel too weak". All because you'd had a poo!

The lad has stitches in a bad gash in his thigh, of course he shouldn't play. Now shut it, the pair of you. Especially you Renton, where are your medical qualifications now, eh?! Seems I'm one step ahead of you on this one!

.com

NUFC: To follow...Ameobi, Duff, Harper, Krul and Owen are sidelined after surgery, while Parker is a doubt with a back problem.

Dyer is optimistic of featuring after gashing his leg against Portsmouth but the local press have virtually ruled him out. :( Carr and Babayaro are back in training, which is handy given that Bramble has a calf injury and is set to miss out.

Former Rangers duo Bernard and Moore are both knackered, while Srnicek will provide cover to Given from the bench.

Given

Solano Taylor Ramage Babayaro

Milner Butt Emre N’Zogbia

Dyer/Sibierski Martins

Subs: Srnicek, Carr/Huntington, Rossi, Luque

Given

Solano Taylor Ramage Babayaro

Milner Butt Emre N’Zogbia

Dyer/Sibierski Martins

Subs: Srnicek, Carr/Huntington, Rossi, Luque

Dyer will play, I have phoned my source at the club. I hope he does, so I can ner, ner, ner, ner ner to Gemmill :(

BUT what, more interestingly, is what if Carr is sub and one of our CB's gets injured??? Is Rodders going to chicken out and put Carr straight in and drop Nobby, or will he leave Carr out completely and put Huntington on the bench in case of CB injury???? Hmmmmmmmmm???Rodders can't have a subs line up of Pav, Carr, Rossi and Bert Luque - no way.

I think Newcastle can win this in all honesty, but Dyer is the key. If he's not playing, then it's got draw written all over it.

Watch for Sidwell. He's disillusional enough to be asking for 25k per week and is stalling on a new contract.

Absolutely gutted that I can't make the trip as it's a midweek game. This would've been my game of the season otherwise.

Oh and for the record, I really rate Seol. He seems to have been given a free role. That's assuming Coppell doesn't opt for 5-4-1 again....

Excluding Chelsea, we've got Reading, Blackburn, then Watford at home next 3 games. If we can't get 9 points from these games we don't deserve to be in PL end of the season to be painfully honest.

Blackburn arent a bad team in my opinion.

Excluding Chelsea, we've got Reading, Blackburn, then Watford at home next 3 games. If we can't get 9 points from these games we don't deserve to be in PL end of the season to be painfully honest.

Blackburn arent a bad team in my opinion.

Only three points ahead of us and at home we should certainly be looking for a win.

Just going by what SLP said, so hes the fool. :lol:

Aye, Blackburn and Chelsea both away after Reading, that's why it's a must-win if we want to be out the relegation zone at Christmas. Anyway, anyone can beat us at home nowadays so I'm taking nothing for granted.

John Oster on the radio this morning saying how NUFC will be the favourites for this one and should be up for the game.

Make of that what you will.

Definitely a must win for NUFC, but it wont be easy if Dyer doesn't play.

John Oster on the radio this morning saying how NUFC will be the favourites for this one and should be up for the game.

I can see which side of the fence you are on this one Brock, its no longer "us" its NUFC.

I can see which side of the fence you are on this one Brock, its no longer "us" its NUFC.

If I'd said "us" instead, someone would inevitably have posted "Dyer doesn't play for Reading.;)" though! :lol:

If I'd said "us" instead, someone would inevitably have posted "Dyer doesn't play for Reading.;)" though! :lol:

True !

;)

this is a must win game and dyer must play

Stating the obvious a bit there, we need to win the next 3 or 4 games which I very much doubt.

this should be a banker but it's the kind of game we've been losing this season. it's absolutely a must win game.

the chelsea game isn't a must win game because i don't expect us to compete for a draw, let alone the three points.