Le Bald Genius

AgentFox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Guardian

"Sibierski then set about debunking the notion that his first touch is not all it might be by conjuring a chance for the lively Obafemi Martins with a sublime backheel"

Don't misunderstand me. I agree he does have some great skill, but he does have some moments of poor control. All I was saying is that it is not all 'great ball control', that's all. :)

From the Guardian

"Sibierski then set about debunking the notion that his first touch is not all it might be by conjuring a chance for the lively Obafemi Martins with a sublime backheel"

Don't misunderstand me. I agree he does have some great skill, but he does have some moments of poor control. All I was saying is that it is not all 'great ball control', that's all. :)

I wasnt trying to argue he has great control really (just saw it in the paper this morning) but it is noticeable that it has improved in his last few games. I remember reading a review of him on a european footie site just after we got him and i think it must have been based on his performances in the french league as the review said he was highly skilful and had a great control (along those lines). Yet it was obvious when he arrived he couldnt keep it within a 2 metre radius with his first touch.

I also heard him on century before the game (funny accent) and he sounds happy to be here and enjoying his football. Hence he is showing what he is capable of. I think we will continue to get value out of him. He also didnt go down like a sack of shite that much last night either.

I think Sibierski is going to go down as one of those Cult Hero's we get from time to time. Came here for nowt as a Man City reserve who hadn't played for a long time and had a fairly shit goalscoring record yet the bloke is playing at times pure quality football.

I'm really pleased for the bloke. He'll have seen all the press and fan comment scoffing at his signing when he got here, and he's just knuckled down, never complained when he hasn't got a game, and pretty much always delivered when he has. He's no world beater, and I'd like to think that after the January window, he'd be a bit further down the pecking order for a first team place than he is currently, but I've got no complaints about him at all.

His work rate is excellent, he fights for every ball, and I think he's playing with pure confidence at the moment on the basis he can't believe his luck. Indian Summer if you will. My only criticism of him is that he can be woeful in the air in certain games, but I thought he was superb in the air last night tbf.

Keep it up the Seb! :)

Aye, i heard that the City fans siad he had a head like a 50p piece or something. Its been his biggest strength for us and not just his goals but receiving the ball long he has shown good control with his head.

I just see him as a big bonus for us this season and his presence doesnt complicate the need for another young long term buy up front.

The Sib has done everything you could have asked of him really and more.

He's playing as a target man for us, working his arse off and battling away. He's scored more than his share of goals and set up a few chances for others as well, and he scores goals when it counts to win matches or get us back into them.

He's clearly loving it here as nothing was expected and he's just having a great time.

I'm quite curious as to how his strike rate compares to the current Citeh strikers. Well not curious enough to go searching for the stats myself.

The important thing is that on top of how much its helping NUFC, its funny and will be annoying them alot and that'll do for me!

I'm quite curious as to how his strike rate compares to the current Citeh strikers. Well not curious enough to go searching for the stats myself.

The important thing is that on top of how much its helping NUFC, its funny and will be annoying them alot and that'll do for me!

Always a bouns :) .Can't really add anything to whats been said about him, done his job better than most of us expected.

Games played - sub appearances in brackets - goals

Man City strikers...

Samaras 9(5) 3

Corradi 12(4) 2

Vassell 7(4) 1

Dickov 7(7) 0

Super Sibierski 9(6) 6

Man City strikers...

Samaras 9(5) 3

Corradi 12(4) 2

Vassell 7(4) 1

Dickov 7(7) 0

Super Sibierski 9(6) 6

Shits all ower them then

Man City strikers...

Samaras 9(5) 3

Corradi 12(4) 2

Vassell 7(4) 1

Dickov 7(7) 0

Super Sibierski 9(6) 6

Cheers :)

it's nice to have the old Temuri back.

anyone else notice that he kissed his ring after he scored, like robert used to.

just wondering if it's a french thing?

Man City strikers...

Samaras 9(5) 3

Corradi 12(4) 2

Vassell 7(4) 1

Dickov 7(7) 0

Super Sibierski 9(6) 6

Pub Ammo Tastic :)