Woodgate

smoggeordie

I agree with Meenzer, I'm glad he's not playing for Boro, both because he's a good player and it somewhat justifies us not signing him in the summer, but I feel sorry for the player on a personal level, who looked to have put his injury woes behind him.

Incidentally, the knee surgeon I'm attatched to at Bradford at the moment claims he's better at ACL reconstructions than Richard Steadman. Maybe they should save him a few quid and send him there instead of Colarado!

I'm definitley of the opinion that its a shame for the player who could be/could have been one of the worlds best defenders...but its good that the smogs are wthout their best player and great that it pisses off the fuckwitts who support them.

It's like when people say 'I want to see the best players' at SJP. Do I fuck. When we play Liverpool, I want Gerrard injured...when we play Man U, I want Rooney and Ronaldo out injured.... In order for Boro to go down or at least have more of a chnace of going down than us, we need their best players to get injured. NO room for sentiment in football anymore, Woodgate is the best player at a relegation rival..I'd be delighted if he was knackered for the season tbh, just like Boro have been waxing lyrical about all our injuries. Fuck em tbh.

double spot on

I will triple that...

I agree with Meenzer, I'm glad he's not playing for Boro, both because he's a good player and it somewhat justifies us not signing him in the summer, but I feel sorry for the player on a personal level, who looked to have put his injury woes behind him.

Incidentally, the knee surgeon I'm attatched to at Bradford at the moment claims he's better at ACL reconstructions than Richard Steadman. Maybe they should save him a few quid and send him there instead of Colarado!

:icon_lol:

Real Madrid are understood to be considering recalling England defender Jonathan Woodgate in January.

The central defender is currently on a season-long loan with his hometown club Middlesbrough and he has thus far performed admirably.

Ever since moving to the Spanish capital Woodgate has been dogged by injury, but he is now beginning to prove his fitness and this has not gone unnoticed at the Santiago Bernabeu.

"We are happy with Woodgate," said coach Fabio Capello.

"He is playing very well in England at the moment."

Capello refused to rule out the prospect of bringing Woodgate back to Spain when the transfer window re-opened.

"If we come across a player that will improve the team then maybe we will consider it, but we shall see."

Reports in Spain emerged last week suggesting that Madrid were considering recalling Woodgate and now relegation threatened Boro must be worried about the prospect of losing their key defender.

Woodgate missed Boro's defeat to Fulham on Monday with a twisted ankle but he is set to return to the team for Saturday's crucial clash with Charlton, which will be a huge boost for manager Gareth Southgate who is without Robert Huth and now Abel Xavier.

"Jonathan Woodgate should be back on Saturday, though Abel Xavier might be seven-to-ten days while Robert Huth may be a bit longer," said Southgate.

Real Madrid are understood to be considering recalling England defender Jonathan Woodgate in January.

The central defender is currently on a season-long loan with his hometown club Middlesbrough and he has thus far performed admirably.

Ever since moving to the Spanish capital Woodgate has been dogged by injury, but he is now beginning to prove his fitness and this has not gone unnoticed at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Capello refused to rule out the prospect of bringing Woodgate back to Spain when the transfer window re-opened.

"If we come across a player that will improve the team then maybe we will consider it, but we shall see."

Reports in Spain emerged last week suggesting that Madrid were considering recalling Woodgate and now relegation threatened Boro must be worried about the prospect of losing their key defender.

Woodgate missed Boro's defeat to Fulham on Monday with a twisted ankle but he is set to return to the team for Saturday's crucial clash with Charlton, which will be a huge boost for manager Gareth Southgate who is without Robert Huth and now Abel Xavier.

"Jonathan Woodgate should be back on Saturday, though Abel Xavier might be seven-to-ten days while Robert Huth may be a bit longer," said Southgate.

:icon_lol:

Oh dear :icon_lol:

It's like when people say 'I want to see the best players' at SJP. Do I fuck. When we play Liverpool, I want Gerrard injured...when we play Man U, I want Rooney and Ronaldo out injured.... In order for Boro to go down or at least have more of a chnace of going down than us, we need their best players to get injured. NO room for sentiment in football anymore, Woodgate is the best player at a relegation rival..I'd be delighted if he was knackered for the season tbh, just like Boro have been waxing lyrical about all our injuries. Fuck em tbh.

I want to injure Ronaldo.... does that count? :icon_lol:

Edited by Fop

If I had the chance to injure Ronaldo or Robben, I'd stand over them, raise both arms in victory, and do the Ali Shuffle whilst laughing at them.

If I had the chance to injure Ronaldo or Robben, I'd stand over them, raise both arms in victory, and do the Ali Shuffle whilst laughing at them.

Shirley in your case it would be the Truffle Shuffle ?

Jonathan Woodgate admits he is in two minds about whether he wants to return to Real Madrid.

The defender joined Middlesbrough on a season-long loan in the summer and Gareth Southgate has made no secret of the fact that he wants to secure Woodgate on a permanent basis.

Woodgate also insists that he is loving life on Teesside and that it would be painful to be recalled to Spain.

However, he still yearns to play in the UEFA Champions League and misses some of the great European nights he enjoyed at Real Madrid.

"When you love a club as much as I love Middlesbrough and when you are happy, there are always two sides to the coin," Woodgate told the Daily Mail.

"I am still ambitious but I do love it here. This is my home town and when I am not here I really do miss Middlesbrough.

"Sometimes I think there is unfinished business with Madrid and the Champions League. Other times I just think it's not for me. I'd be away in a foreign land and away from all this.

"I am like any player and I want to be happy and win things and be challenging for trophies. And while I've done okay here so far, we are down at the wrong end of the table.

"As a player you have that burning desire to play at the top level and they do not come much bigger than the Champions League games. Once you have played in those you want them more and more."

Woodgate also voiced his support for Southgate, who has struggled in his first season of management.

"He is a great man manager and will prove to be a very good manager but he needs time," Woodgate explained.

"He has inherited someone else's team and needs time to change it and make his own signings. When he has done that, he can be judged."

Jonathan Woodgate admits he is in two minds about whether he wants to return to Real Madrid.

The defender joined Middlesbrough on a season-long loan in the summer and Gareth Southgate has made no secret of the fact that he wants to secure Woodgate on a permanent basis.

Woodgate also insists that he is loving life on Teesside and that it would be painful to be recalled to Spain.

However, he still yearns to play in the UEFA Champions League and misses some of the great European nights he enjoyed at Real Madrid.

"When you love a club as much as I love Middlesbrough and when you are happy, there are always two sides to the coin," Woodgate told the Daily Mail.

"I am still ambitious but I do love it here. This is my home town and when I am not here I really do miss Middlesbrough.

"Sometimes I think there is unfinished business with Madrid and the Champions League. Other times I just think it's not for me. I'd be away in a foreign land and away from all this.

"I am like any player and I want to be happy and win things and be challenging for trophies. And while I've done okay here so far, we are down at the wrong end of the table.

"As a player you have that burning desire to play at the top level and they do not come much bigger than the Champions League games. Once you have played in those you want them more and more."

Woodgate also voiced his support for Southgate, who has struggled in his first season of management.

"He is a great man manager and will prove to be a very good manager but he needs time," Woodgate explained.

"He has inherited someone else's team and needs time to change it and make his own signings. When he has done that, he can be judged."

There must be something addictive in the brown slick that hangs in the air over the place, particularly visible if driving down the A19 as the suns comming up.

There must be something addictive in the brown slick that hangs in the air over the place, particularly visible if driving down the A19 as the suns comming up.

the same chemical they put in Pringles man, Once you Pop, you just can't stop....

the same chemical they put in Pringles man, Once you Pop, you just can't stop....

He probably misses the man who can help him clear his sinuses every now and then. Allegedly.

Jonathan Woodgate's imperious form has caught the attention of Newcastle bosses, who could now move for their former defender.

Middlesbrough manager Gareth Southgate has admitted he fears his club may struggle to hold on to the Real Madrid defender.

Woodgate has signed a season long loan at the Riverside which is likely to prevent any move from their injury-ravaged neighbours in January. But despite there being a provisional four-year permanent deal to take Woodgate to his hometown club, doubts remain about his long-term future.

Fabio Capello has refused to rule out the possibility of Woodgate returning to the Bernabeu, and that remains the player’s first choice.

Woodgate started just 12 games in his two seasons in the Spanish capital. Despite learning the language and adapting to the culture, the 26-year-old was unable to justify why £13.4m Real had been spent on him.

But a new training regime has worked wonders and Woodgate has hardly missed a game or put a foot wrong since his return to English football. He has spoken repeatedly of his desire to return to Real and that threat hangs over Middlesbrough’s efforts to retain the player on a permanent basis.

But Newcastle, who had first option on Woodgate in the summer, are now monitoring the situation. They felt his injury record could not justify a further gamble at that time, but the form that will surely gain an international recall from Steve McClaren next year and the amount of games he has played, has caught their eye.

The Newcastle hierarchy has retained a strong relationship with Woodgate and is ready to fight their north-east neighbours should Madrid resist the temptation to take him back.

That would create a predicament for Woodgate, who recently has expressed his desire to be playing in the Champions League. Southgate said: "I don't know what Real's position will be at the end of the season. Jonathan wanted to come here in order to get a season's football under his belt but we can't hide the fact that we would like him to stay into the future.

"If we are to do that, we have to show him that our ambitions match his. I know that he enjoys his football at Middlesbrough and, as well as he is playing, we know there is more to come from him. So I would love to think that his future in football lies at Middlesbrough.

"There is no doubt in my mind Woodgate's ability as a defender is as good as anyone's in the country. He is having the run of games that everybody has been waiting for him to have." Newcastle could do with Woodgate now, given that their defence has been decimated by injury. For the visit of Everton on Saturday they will be without Celestine Babayaro (hamstring), Titus Bramble (calf), Stephen Carr (knee), Craig Moore, Nolberto Solano (both groin) and Steve Harper (hernia).

Shay Given is still struggling with a groin problem and Tim Krul is only just recovering from knee surgery. Glenn Roeder could again have to turn to the rookie back four he used at Bolton, with David Edgar, Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor and Paul Huntington having an average age of just over 20.

Roeder said: "The back four was a back four of babies and I mean that in the kindest way, in that it was a very inexperienced back four but all of them did their very best."

Kieron Dyer meanwhile will play through the gruelling Christmas period, despite not being 100 per cent fit. "It is still like a pre-season for me," he said. "To be honest, after 70 minutes against Tottenham, I had nothing left in the tank. "I held my hand up and told the manager, and he and the medical staff took it out of my hands and decided the maximum I would play against Bolton was 55 minutes. "But, if I can get through this Christmas period, then I should be 100 per cent fit and able to go all guns blazing from there."