Official Match Thread: Newcastle United Vs Chelsea

Jimbo

Probably get in the shit for even mentioning this, but I don't think Robben did much wrong. He kind of jumped (dived) over Butt's challenge, but what else could he have done without getting a broken ankle?

Fact is we played well, but Chelsea allways looked like they had that extra. Which naturally they did, shown when Drogba came on. And although I wasn't there, on the telly it sounded like the crowd were more into referee baiting than anything else, as usual. :huh:

FFS, we were beaten by a better team, we just have to accept it. All this "was the ball over the line" stuff is pretty irrelevant really.

Don't criticise the fans if you weren't there, unless you want me to absolutely lace-ify you. :huh:

I'm nota paki, as well you know. :icon_lol:

PL, birthday boy, were you there?

Naturally! The last time i missed a game was under Jim Smith and one anglo italian cup match under Keegan, therefore i am right on any issue when arguing with anybody who misses games :D

Shame my birthday ended with a match won by that shower of bastards!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably get in the shit for even mentioning this, but I don't think Robben did much wrong. He kind of jumped (dived) over Butt's challenge, but what else could he have done without getting a broken ankle?

Fact is we played well, but Chelsea allways looked like they had that extra. Which naturally they did, shown when Drogba came on. And although I wasn't there, on the telly it sounded like the crowd were more into referee baiting than anything else, as usual. :icon_lol:

FFS, we were beaten by a better team, we just have to accept it. All this "was the ball over the line" stuff is pretty irrelevant really.

Have to disagree, Chelsea never looked the better team, on paper yes they should have murdered us but frankly they looked poor tonight. Spent half an hour in a pub with a Chelsea fan who wouldnt look me in the eye when I told him they didnt deserve the win. He had no comeback and just shrugged, even their fans know they're cheating bastards.

Fact is we played well, but Chelsea allways looked like they had that extra. Which naturally they did, shown when Drogba came on. And although I wasn't there, on the telly it sounded like the crowd were more into referee baiting than anything else, as usual. :D

Have to disagree, Chelsea never looked the better team, on paper yes they should have murdered us but frankly they looked poor tonight. Spent half an hour in a pub with a Chelsea fan who wouldnt look me in the eye when I told him they didnt deserve the win. He had no comeback and just shrugged, even their fans know they're cheating bastards.

Did you bend down and give him a chance though? :icon_lol:

Cheating fucking wank bastards!!! Fair enough we should have taken our chances a little better despite that clear goal which even Terry Mc-fucking-Dermott saw cross the line while the linesman & referee apparently didn’t see. Speaking of the officials, they may as well have been wearing the same colours as the cheating diving cunts after giving every petty decision there way, especially when it came to those malicious tackles from Nolberto, the hitman, Solano who made Robben drop to the ground as if a new contract was laid out in front of him....!

I'm fucking pissed, CHEATING BASTARDS!!

I know what you mean, Nobby must have morphed into Martin Johnson as at one point he managed to send Drogba flying to the ground with barely a shoulder charge/body check, which considering Drogba's size is an amazing feat! Unless of course he's just a cheating twat!

Did you see all the hand shaking from Mr 'Yes' man? I'm surprised that mourinho didn't pat him on the head and give him a squeaky toy to run off with....! WTF was that about!? Mourinho was saying before our last game with chelski that the points were in the bag to catch Man-U, so Glen nearly came to putting his tongue in mourinho's mouth over it...! He's the biggest arrogant twat of a manager to manage a football team yet Glen seems to thank humping his back-side will convince him to tell his team to lay off the cheating, dicing, bastard dirty tactics...! ......................right, I'm pissed, angry and have to wake up for work at 6.45am so I'm off to bed now...!

Fact is we played well, but Chelsea allways looked like they had that extra. Which naturally they did, shown when Drogba came on. And although I wasn't there, on the telly it sounded like the crowd were more into referee baiting than anything else, as usual. :D

They always have that extra "gear" though.

Probably worth its own thread, but do people seriously believe referees are systematically biased against Newcastle (even when we're playing Watford at home for instance), or is it just a case of constant selective viewing and sour grapes from our fans?

Either way, I'm getting sick of it. :icon_lol:

Cheating fucking wank bastards!!! Fair enough we should have taken our chances a little better despite that clear goal which even Terry Mc-fucking-Dermott saw cross the line while the linesman & referee apparently didn’t see. Speaking of the officials, they may as well have been wearing the same colours as the cheating diving cunts after giving every petty decision there way, especially when it came to those malicious tackles from Nolberto, the hitman, Solano who made Robben drop to the ground as if a new contract was laid out in front of him....!

I know what you mean, Nobby must have morphed into Martin Johnson as at one point he managed to send Drogba flying to the ground with barely a shoulder charge/body check, which considering Drogba's size is an amazing feat! Unless of course he's just a cheating twat!

Did you see all the hand shaking from Mr 'Yes' man? I'm surprised that mourinho didn't pat him on the head and give him a squeaky toy to run off with....! WTF was that about!? Mourinho was saying before our last game with chelski that the points were in the bag to catch Man-U, so Glen nearly came to putting his tongue in mourinho's mouth over it...! He's the biggest arrogant twat of a manager to manage a football team yet Glen seems to thank humping his back-side will convince him to tell his team to lay off the cheating, dicing, bastard dirty tactics...! ......................right, I'm pissed, angry and have to wake up for work at 6.45am so I'm off to bed now...!

I'm up at 6, beehatch! So I'm off to bed now too. Night John Boy.

You been watching Yo MTV Raps? :icon_lol: I actually meant 5:45am :D as I have to get two busses to get over Longbenton to start work at 8:00am.......shit, that's knowt to brag about....!

You been watching Yo MTV Raps? :icon_lol: I actually meant 5:45am :huh: as I have to get two busses to get over Longbenton to start work at 8:00am.......shit, that's knowt to brag about....!

I'll enjoy that extra 15 minutes all the more now. When you're crawling out your pit at quarter to, remember that my alarm hasn't even gone off yet. :D

Purely out of choice though because you start at 9 but like to spend 3 hours "preening" tbh. Can't believe you lot won't even stay up to see the highlights on local ITV where you can see a more objective view of the tackles etc.....

:icon_lol:

Purely out of choice though because you start at 9 but like to spend 3 hours "preening" tbh. Can't believe you lot won't even stay up to see the highlights on local ITV where you can see a more objective view of the tackles etc.....

:icon_lol:

I'll be in work by half 7, Chef. :D

Probably worth its own thread, but do people seriously believe referees are systematically biased against Newcastle (even when we're playing Watford at home for instance), or is it just a case of constant selective viewing and sour grapes from our fans?

Since i criticise them win, lose or draw and in games not involving NUFC it has nowt to do with sour grapes!

Anyone who denies they favour manu/arse/chelski etc. is living in a fantasy land i'm afraid because that is fact and was even shown when somebody carried out a 5 year study of all manu games.

With NUFC instead of the myth that refs favour big crowds and noisy grounds (they don't outside the top 4) they actually seem to revel in deliberately going against vociferous crowds. Thats not just us, the mackems don't get much from refs when they had big crowds, neither do the smogs (such as their big crowds are) or man city, Leeds etc.

The rule for prem refs is:

manu/arse > Chelski/Liverpool > probably London club like Spurs > most other teams > teams near the bottom of the league

So no, i don't think there is a litteral vendetta of refs against us, if i believed that we would have to give up football! But they are shite, they are biassed, they are gutless and take the easy option and they massively favour/go against certain clubs and players alot of the time.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Fact is we played well, but Chelsea allways looked like they had that extra. Which naturally they did, shown when Drogba came on. And although I wasn't there, on the telly it sounded like the crowd were more into referee baiting than anything else, as usual. :huh:

Since i criticise them win, lose or draw and in games not involving NUFC it has nowt to do with sour grapes!

Anyone who denies they favour manu/arse/chelski etc. is living in a fantasy land i'm afraid because that is fact and was even shown when somebody carried out a 5 year study of all manu games.

With NUFC instead of the myth that refs favour big crowds and noisy grounds (they don't outside the top 4) they actually seem to revel in deliberately going against vociferous crowds. Thats not just us, the mackems don't get much from refs when they had big crowds, neither do the smogs (such as their big crowds are) or man city, Leeds etc.

manu/arse > Chelski/Liverpool > probably London club like Spurs > most other teams > teams near the bottom of the league

So no, i don't think there is a litteral vendetta of refs against us, if i believed that we would have to give up football! But they are shite, they are biassed, they are gutless and take the easy option and they massively favour/go against certain clubs and players alot of the time.

Well, that's just pure bollocks imo.

But we'll discuss it another day perhaps, you need your sleep. :D

But we'll discuss it another day perhaps, you need your sleep. :D

You seriously don't think manu/arse get more decisions than teams around the bottom of the prem, i'm afraid there'd be no point discussing that as i can't believe you don't see that.

And you just have to watch any match to see refs taking the easy option where possible, fouls to the defensive team in the box rather than risk a goal and comment after, don't book a player a second time even when deserved as a red would be controvertial, give decsions in the middle of the park but ignore the very same offence on the edge of the box and countless other examples.

We'll never agree because you think refs have virtually no effect on results ever, whereas i think they are the most important person on the ptich as they have a say in every single incident in a football match, something no player or manager can achieve.

We'll discuss it on saturday after the Spurs match when the ref has denied us 17 clear pens and allowed Spurs to score twice from offside positions (ina 3-2 win for us of course!) :huh:

I was calming down until I've just had to sit through the disgraceful 'coverage' form ITV. I thought (or more likely hoped) that with Jose's comments this week that Chelsea's constant cheating would be highlighted tonight. But no, not a mention. I suppose with ITV losing the PL highlights they have to join in the Chelsea wankathon as they don't get to cover them at all nowadays, but to not highlight some of the disgusting things I've had to witness tonight is piss poor. By the way, I thought the free kick for the goal was a blatant free kick, the only blatant one Chelsea got all night.

You get days where you remember why you love football, and then you get nights like tonight where you remember why you're starting to hate it, arrogant cheating basically.

Mind, having said all that, it still doesn't take anything away from our awful tactical fuck up tonight. I like Parker, but he should have come off at half time for Le Sib imo. The ballet turns are geting boring now like. Bringing on Le Sib with less than 10 minutes left was a joke as well.

I think I've covered everything. :icon_lol:

Fucking shit. It was definitely a goal and Matt your screen shot is just one point in the balls trajectory.

Missed sticks how did you think Dyer looked dangerous?

He had one opportunity and didn't finish it, the rest of the game he reverted to his old ways of running with the ball into a cul-de-sac of defenders, never holding his position and hence leaving Nobby exposed resulting in you calling Nobby not a good full-back! He the best right back we've got.

Something needs to be done about the standard of refereeing because it has got to the point where it is a joke for anyone who isn't one if the "big" clubs. All Chelsea had to do was go to ground and look at the ref.

You know what? On reflection i take it back about Dyer :D He was ok, nowt special apart from a great run and and shot on goal. Thought some of his movement gave Emre some space and i thought he tracked back often. Otherwise he just kept the ball moving. Kept Bridge quiet though i suppose you could say the opposite as well :icon_lol:

Do they watch the same game as the rest of us?

Newcastle 0-1 Chelsea

By Chris Bevan

Didier Drogba came off the bench to fire Chelsea into the semi-finals of the Carling Cup with a late free-kick.

Newcastle went close to taking the lead when an Obafemi Martins drive hit the underside of the bar and bounced down on to the line before being cleared.

Andrei Shevchenko also hit the post for Chelsea but they needed Drogba's curler to break the deadlock on 79 minutes.

Frank Lampard almost added a late second with a 40-yard shot against the post from a poor Shay Given clearance.

Drogba had been one of five of boss Jose Mourinho's 'untouchables' absent at the start of the game.

He joined Ashley Cole, Lampard, and Michael Ballack as substitutes while the injured John Terry missed out altogether.

But the visitors still made a strong start and, not for the first time this season, it was thanks to Michael Essien taking the game by the scruff of the neck in the middle.

He was involved in a slick move that led to Mikel Jon Obi firing over and then scuffed his own shot wide soon after good work by Salomon Kalou.

Newcastle, playing with only Martens up front, had their fair share of possession but looked short of ideas when it came to creating chances.

That all changed after 25 minutes when Martins at last got a sniff of goal.

Receiving the ball from Nolberto Solano some 30 yards out, the Nigerian composed himself before unleashing a dipping drive that smashed against the bar and bounced down and then out before being cleared.

TV replays failed to clear up whether or not the ball had crossed the line but the reaction of Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder showed he knew how close his side had come to opening the scoring.

They were not finished there either, with Nicky Butt unleashing a peach of a volley from the resulting corner that Hilario had to punch away.

That was by far the best spell of the match for the home side though and they were almost behind at half-time, Shevchenko's shot bouncing back off the far post after Essien had played him in.

Lampard was the first of Mourinho's big guns to be brought on, replacing Makelele at the break.

He quickly tested Given with a shot from distance, but was off target with his next effort after Robben found him in space in the area.

At the other end Emre's clever pass set Kieron Dyer free but Hilario came out quickly to block his shot.

Ballack's introduction on the hour mark seemed to give Chelsea another lift but it was the arrival of Drogba - to replace Shevchenko on 75 minutes - that was to prove decisive.

Five minutes later Robben was chopped down by Solano and Nicky Butt's double challenge on the left corner of the area.

Drogba played the ball short to Ballack to open up the angle and then curled in a precise shot that Given could only help into the top corner for his 17th goal of the season.

Newcastle attempted to respond but for all their effort they were still lacking inspiration in the final third.

And Chelsea could have had another before the end when Lampard intercepted Given's careless clearance and was unlucky to see his shot come back off the post with the keeper nowhere to be seen.

Newcastle: Given, Solano, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Milner (Sibierski 86), Butt, Parker, Emre, Dyer, Martins.

Subs Not Used: Srnicek, Luque, Rossi, Edgar.

Booked: Emre, Solano.

Chelsea: Hilario, Ferreira, Carvalho, Boulahrouz, Bridge, Kalou, Makelele (Lampard 46), Essien, Robben, Shevchenko (Drogba 73), Mikel (Ballack 66).

Subs Not Used: Hedman, Ashley Cole.

Booked: Ferreira, Boulahrouz.

Goals: Drogba 79.

Att: 37,406

Ref: C Foy (Merseyside).

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi...cup/6185611.stm

Published: 2006/12/20 21:41:04 GMT

© BBC MMVI

Second highlight is for you Scotty :icon_lol:

deja vue

same as the game at the Bridge a week ago

Chelski stuttering along in second gear, us ravaged by injuries

Both sides hit the woodwork

Drogba comes on & scores

That was the story in the PL and last night

Its not a great conspiracy, we looked good for a draw but whilst we are improving we just can't compensate for top class - luckily only Drogba showed any last night

I thought we were too negative tonight. That Mikel looked awful, Ferguson must be laughing his tits off that he got £14m for him when he wasn't even his player. :icon_lol:

As for the Martins shot, not a goal I'm afraid. Whole of the ball has to be over the line, and it quite clearly wasn't. Great shot though.

Regardless of whether the ball was over the line or not, we clearly should have had a pen after not one but two of their players pushed Le Sib and they got away with murder on the goal (mind you, I would have expected Shay to save it anyway!).

Players taking freekicks from the wrong position is one of the biggest failings of referee's IMO. It was a certain freekick though (thought Butt had a shocking last 20 minutes) and as soon as Drogba stood near it we knew it was a goal.

Concentrate on the league now tbh :icon_lol:

Fact is we played well, but Chelsea allways looked like they had that extra. Which naturally they did, shown when Drogba came on. And although I wasn't there, on the telly it sounded like the crowd were more into referee baiting than anything else, as usual. ;)

Either way, I'm getting sick of it. :D

But we'll discuss it another day perhaps, you need your sleep. :huh:

You seriously don't think manu/arse get more decisions than teams around the bottom of the prem, i'm afraid there'd be no point discussing that as i can't believe you don't see that.

And you just have to watch any match to see refs taking the easy option where possible, fouls to the defensive team in the box rather than risk a goal and comment after, don't book a player a second time even when deserved as a red would be controvertial, give decsions in the middle of the park but ignore the very same offence on the edge of the box and countless other examples.

We'll never agree because you think refs have virtually no effect on results ever, whereas i think they are the most important person on the ptich as they have a say in every single incident in a football match, something no player or manager can achieve.

We'll discuss it on saturday after the Spurs match when the ref has denied us 17 clear pens and allowed Spurs to score twice from offside positions (ina 3-2 win for us of course!) :huh:

Papa's done a Leazes on me! :icon_lol:

Btw, I also think Le Sib goes down far too easily for a man of his size. Christ, I hate defending Chelsea but there's a lot of pots and kettles in this thread.

Regardless of whether the ball was over the line or not, we clearly should have had a pen after not one but two of their players pushed Le Sib and they got away with murder on the goal (mind you, I would have expected Shay to save it anyway!).

Players taking freekicks from the wrong position is one of the biggest failings of referee's IMO. It was a certain freekick though (thought Butt had a shocking last 20 minutes) and as soon as Drogba stood near it we knew it was a goal.

Concentrate on the league now tbh :icon_lol:

Not getting walls to stick to the 10 yards either. For Emre's freekick last night, the ref measured the 10 yards out, stood behind the Chelsea wall and told them to get back to where he was. They just stood looking ahead, pretending they hadn't heard him. So instead of blowing his whistle right in their fucking ears and telling them to do as they're told, he took two shuffle sidesteps to the left so that he was in line with them, and let them off with it.

As he walked off they then all shuffled forwards and he did fuck all about that either. If I was a referee I'd blow the whistle, tell them all to remove their hands from in front of their bollocks, and walk along the wall punting each of them right in the cock. They'd not try and steal yards again.

a rare mistake from given for their goal. i can't believe the sky pundits all missed it. they were raving about drogba's effort which, to be fair, wasn't that great. given's positioning let him down. if he'd been standing in the right spot, he would have saved it - it's not like it was top corner or anything.

i would have started le sib last night ahead of parker. emre doesn't looks as comortable playing off a front man as he does in centre mid. we didn't have kind of outlet up top. sib looked dangerous when he came on.