Real will not extend David Beckham's contract

Ted Maul

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well thats all and well but he's not bobby charlton, bobby moore or nobby stiles etc etc. he missed out on the big one didn't he. the world cup.

Almost every footballer that plays the game misses out on the World Cup. It's hardly a fair means by which to judge a career.

well thats all and well but he's not bobby charlton, bobby moore or nobby stiles etc etc. he missed out on the big one didn't he. the world cup.

Almost every footballer that plays the game misses out on the World Cup. It's hardly a fair means by which to judge a career.

And a lot of shit ones manage to forge a career on being a 'World Cup winner', eg Stephane Guivarch, Roque Junior, Kleberson etc.

can't believe the stick becks is getting

what would you rather do:

live in sunny LA or rainy dagenham?

pick up £450k a week or £100k?

play every week or warm the bench?

be a media darling or a media target?

be famous now or just be known as ex-England captain?

br known for developing soccer in the US or failing in England?

p.s. all you need to know about this transfer:

the owners of LA Galaxy are also partners in Beckhams soccer school

He had the chance to go to Inter, still have a huge payday, prove he's still a top player for another year or two, and be guaranteed a major trophy within months of arriving.

Figo did the exact same thing. Madrid to Inter, 2 years in Serie A proving he still had it then off to Asia for a payday. He had ambition and confidence in his ability.

All Beckham's talk about fighting for his England place and wanting to keep playing at a high level was just bullshit. All he is concerned about is fame and glamour and with hindsight that has been the case since he left Man U - people must begin to see that now.

Yes he is gonna make shitloads of money but no amount of money can buy your place in football history and on the pitch he doesnt come near Europes all-time top 20.

......no amount of money can buy your place in football history and on the pitch he doesnt come near Europes all-time top 20.

So so far in this thread Beckham's career is being judged poorly for not having won the World Cup, and now for not being one of Europe's top 20 all time players. Are you lads having a laugh or what?

I tell you what, he's had a better career and made better decisions during his career than Alan Shearer.

can't believe the stick becks is getting

what would you rather do:

live in sunny LA or rainy dagenham?

pick up £450k a week or £100k?

play every week or warm the bench?

be a media darling or a media target?

be famous now or just be known as ex-England captain?

br known for developing soccer in the US or failing in England?

p.s. all you need to know about this transfer:

the owners of LA Galaxy are also partners in Beckhams soccer school

He had the chance to go to Inter, still have a huge payday, prove he's still a top player for another year or two, and be guaranteed a major trophy within months of arriving.

Figo did the exact same thing. Madrid to Inter, 2 years in Serie A proving he still had it then off to Asia for a payday. He had ambition and confidence in his ability.

All Beckham's talk about fighting for his England place and wanting to keep playing at a high level was just bullshit. All he is concerned about is fame and glamour and with hindsight that has been the case since he left Man U - people must begin to see that now.

Yes he is gonna make shitloads of money but no amount of money can buy your place in football history and on the pitch he doesnt come near Europes all-time top 20.

Maybe but he's also smart enough to know he is the biggest star that Adidas has ever owned and the one market Adidas really wants to crack is the US and guess who will really be paying his wage?

Do you not think for a falsetto voiced, uneducated footballer he's smart enough to know there is a long long life after football and it's not that far away from him now?

yes he has made better decisions than shearer, but loyalty is a big thing for most fans of football clubs. look at players like tony adams for arsenal, the chuckle brothers for manyoo, etc etc....

all his decisions are for the better of his family which i'm sure you'll all applaud, but whats the difference between the 50+ million he has and the whatever he'll get for playing out his career in the usa.... it shows of course that he is shrewd...

also my examples of world cup winners were great players. lucky players like guivarch and kleberson, that turned it on for the odd game then traded on the fact that they were world cup winners as you say aren't in my consideration...

as for him not being in the top 20 european plyers ever i'd agree. you've got Platini, Cryuff, Best, Puskas, Moore, Henry, Zidane, Stoichkov, Boban, Savicevic, Michael Laudrup, Schmeichel, Bobby Charlton, Lineker, Cantona, Matthaeus, Beckenbauer, Klinsmann, Muller, Baggio, Baresi, Maldini, Zoff, bergkamp, Neeskens, Van Basten, Boniek, Lato, Hagi, Dalglish, Gullit, Rijkaard..... all of these were better players in their position than beckham.

on a lighter note it seems that freddie ljungberg is getting the boot from arsenal because he's joining a L.A. based talent agency.... something beckham may also be doing.

Sorry I don't understand this saying he's not in the top 20 European players of all time as if that somehow casts a shadow on his career??

The lad has had a brilliant career, has won more trophies than most very good players will win, and has made a fortune from doing it. Now he's recognised that his career and his abilities are coming to their natural end, so he's opted to play in a league where he'll look a better player than he probably is, where he can feasibly make a home for himself and his family for the rest of his life, and where he's going to get paid an awful lot of money.

I don't see the problem.

......no amount of money can buy your place in football history and on the pitch he doesnt come near Europes all-time top 20.

So so far in this thread Beckham's career is being judged poorly for not having won the World Cup, and now for not being one of Europe's top 20 all time players. Are you lads having a laugh or what?

I tell you what, he's had a better career and made better decisions during his career than Alan Shearer.

You closet Manc you. <_<

Beckham has made the best of his ability and was one of the few who looked like he gave a shit when wearing the England strip, unlike the likes of Lampard et al who look like they couldn't give a shit. I perosnally don't think he was a 'great' player and was overhyped, but he certainly was a very good player.

as for him not being in the top 20 european plyers ever i'd agree. you've got Platini, Cryuff, Best, Puskas, Moore, Henry, Zidane, Stoichkov, Boban, Savicevic, Michael Laudrup, Schmeichel, Bobby Charlton, Lineker, Cantona, Matthaeus, Beckenbauer, Klinsmann, Muller, Baggio, Baresi, Maldini, Zoff, bergkamp, Neeskens, Van Basten, Boniek, Lato, Hagi, Dalglish, Gullit, Rijkaard..... all of these were better players in their position than beckham.

Could name a few more than that like. <_<

You closet Manc you. <_<

It's a fact though. Everyone that's saying he's taken the easy option now and thrown away the last few years of his career etc. etc. Well we don't like to admit it, but Shearer threw away the last 10 years of his if we're talking sensible career moves.

You closet Manc you. <_<

It's a fact though. Everyone that's saying he's taken the easy option now and thrown away the last few years of his career etc. etc. Well we don't like to admit it, but Shearer threw away the last 10 years of his if we're talking sensible career moves.

Gemma that is the kind of shit Man Yoo fans come out with though, I'd have done exactly the same as Shearer and I'm sure the majority on here would have done exactly the same. Do you think Shearer thinks he made the wrong decision?

I guess that means Phil Neville and David May have had better careers than Shearer as well then. :razz:

You can't disagree with Gemmill... yes probably most of US (Nufc fans) would have made the same move, but in terms of career development, it turned out not to be the best move for Shearer.

You closet Manc you. <_<

Gemma that is the kind of shit Man Yoo fans come out with though, I'd have done exactly the same as Shearer and I'm sure the majority on here would have done exactly the same. Do you think Shearer thinks he made the wrong decision?

I guess that means Phil Neville and David May have had better careers than Shearer as well then. :razz:

From a career point of view you think Shearer made the right decision then? Seriously?

You closet Manc you. <_<

From a career point of view you think Shearer made the right decision then? Seriously?

At the time we were challenging for the league and were blowing everyone away with the style of football we played, so don't see how anyone can say at the time in '96 he made the wrong decision going to us.

You closet Manc you. <_<

At the time we were challenging for the league and were blowing everyone away with the style of football we played, so don't see how anyone can say at the time in '96 he made the wrong decision going to us.

Well Man United were the ones winning the trophies at the time, and they're the only club of the two that have won them since. You can even see in Shearer's interviews when he talks about house-hunting in Manchester - it was his heart that brought him back here, his head was telling him to go there.

Anyway, makes no difference really.

TO be fair to Shearer, we were title contenders at the time (Jesus wept, it seems a fucking eternity ago). The way things were going, we were potentially the new force in football. Alas, it was not to be. Shearer's decision was only a poor one in hindsight. At the time, it looked like he was the missing piece in a team that were going to win things. Ho hum.

Could name a few more than that like. <_<

COuld name a hell of a lot more. I don't think he would be in my top 100.

Always find it difficult to collate a list of the best players, how can you compare Beckham, a right sided midfielder, to Maldini etc?

Good point but in fairness Maldini didn't marry a horrible spice girl so I will pick him over Beckham everytime <_<

Culminated with the fact he's possibly the greatest defender of all time and well Beckham isn't one of the greatest attacking players of all time.