Ratings V Spurs

TOPTOON

Given 9 Some world class save us kept us in the game.

Nobby 6 Not at his best today.

Taylor 8 Superb at times.

Ramage 7 Did well

Hunty 7 Did well

Milner 6 Not too good today.

Butt 7 Good today.

Pattison 5 Poor and ineffective.

Dyer 8 Involved in everything.

Le Sib 5 Poor and largely ineffective.

Martins 8 World class strike out of nothing worked hard to try to create too.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with most of the ratings. Solano was immense, as was Butt. Sibierski was doing a very good job, considering he was more or less on his own for most of the game. Which leads me to the other forward...

Martins - 10 [4 - for the other 88 mins]

Given 9 - Good game

Solano 9 - Outstanding

Taylor 8 - Did very well

Ramage 7 - Did well

Hunty 7 Did well and the booting of Lennon was important

Milner 5 - Shocking but at least he came for the ball before booting it in the stand

Butt 9 - MOTM. Outstanding

Pattison 6 - Defensively he did well

Dyer 9 - Excellent

Le Sib 7 - Defensively he was very important and kept battling

Martins 8 - Quiet then turned the game around

I don't agree with most of the ratings. Solano was immense, as was Butt. Sibierski was doing a very good job, considering he was more or less on his own for most of the game. Which leads me to the other forward...

I can live with a shite performance like that as long as he wins us the game, it's hard for a striker to make an impact when his team is under pressure like ours was for most of the game.

We really miss Emre in midfield as he's the only player we have who can control the tempo of the game.

Given 9 - Good game

Solano 9 - Outstanding

Taylor 8 - Did very well

Ramage 7 - Did well

Hunty 7 Did well and the booting of Lennon was important

Milner 5 - Shocking but at least he came for the ball before booting it in the stand

Butt 9 - MOTM. Outstanding

Pattison 6 - Defensively he did well

Dyer 9 - Excellent

Le Sib 7 - Defensively he was very important and kept battling

Martins 8 - Quiet then turned the game around

Pattison more than Milner?

are you sure?i think pattison touched the ball about 4 times at most in the whole of the match,never got into it and should be dropped

Thats good though, having a quiet game, then when needed, he wins us the game.

I can live with a shite performance like that as long as he wins us the game, it's hard for a striker to make an impact when his team is under pressure like ours was for most of the game.

We really miss Emre in midfield as he's the only player we have who can control the tempo of the game.

I can live with that as well. :unsure: Though I think that we were a lot under pressure was also a bit down to the fact that Martins was more or less losing every ball he had at his feet. The first goal was a direct result of it.

Don't agree that we missed Emre though. Butt was controlling the game excellently and with Dyer we had a player who at least took on players when going forward, which made up for some of the easy balls he lost. I'd start those two ahead of Pirouette-Parker and Raging-Emre every day.

Thats good though, having a quiet game, then when needed, he wins us the game.

Give Martins his due's he never stopped trying, he works his arse off he was getting very little service and getting frustrated so he was dropping deep in order to get the ball, he never gave up and he got his reward in the end, that goal was absolutely world class!!! Well done also to Given, Dyer and Butt!!

Spot on.

/including the 4 for Martins for most of the game. :unsure:

:secret:

Shay Given - 7. Given's saves were absolutely top draw, and you had to feel sorry for him when some pathetic defending cost him another goal from Berbatov. His kicking was abysmal, though.

Nolberto Solano - 6. Nobby certainly improved as the match went on, though he started fairly slow and defensively he was all over the place. But as the game went on, he became more controlled and made some very important interventions in the final third. Still slow on the counter-attack.

Steven Taylor - 8. A superb, battling, harrying performance from Taylor. A real Captain's innings i thought, not for the first time this season. Did his job brilliantly.

Peter Ramage - 6. Ramage was OK. He made one or two key tackles but was erratic all match long. He didn't stick to his position enough and his attempt at a challenge for their second was pitiful.

Paul Huntington - 7. A good game from the youngster, i thought. He is showing so much promise and it's great. He sorted the likes of Lennon and Defoe out on several occasions and also showed a sly bit of cynicism, which i thought was intelligent and i liked. Well taken goal, too.

James Milner - 6. Milner was frustrating in my opinion. His crosses seemed to revert to the crossing of earlier in the season. Consistently average. However, he linked up well with Dyer on a couple of occasions, but lacked a cutting edge.

Nicky Butt - 7. Good performance from Nicky. He helped the defense and spreaded the play several times, and it was a well taken goal to give us the victory. However some of his passing at times was poor and slow aswell, and i think he was one of the main contributors to our sluggish counter-attacking. However, a good performance all round.

Kieron Dyer - 8. The advance of Dyer changed the game for me. He was playing far too deep for the majority of the game, and it wasn't really working for him. He wasn't pushing forward and he wasn't over-lapping. However, in the second half, he pushed further forward and got more involved with the attacking play, and it paid dividends. He was a key part of both of our goals in the second half. Clearly Martins' best striker-partner, by a big margin.

Matty Pattison - 6. Didn't do an awful lot wrong, but then just didn't do an awful lot on the whole. This lad is by no means a winger, not by any stretch of the imagination. He can't seem to beat players and his final ball doesn't look too good. His defensive capabilities were proven though, and it wasn't a bad performance by any means.

Antoine Sibierski - 5. The worst player on the pitch i thought. He won very little in the air and didn't battle for the balls like he usually does. He was slow, couldn't accelerate when he had the ball, and passes seemed to bounce off him. I was crying out for him to be withdrawn tbh, no matter how much i like him. He helped out with the defense at the end but it just wasn't his day, today.

Obafemi Martins - 8. When you pay £10m you expect that player to pull something out of the top draw, out of completely nothing, when you most need it. And he did that today. After a nothing sort of a performance for the majority of the game, he pulls out a thunderbolt of a strike and a fabulous through ball. Absolutely sensational stuff. Rightfully MOTM.

Pattison did nothing wrong today. Or is it just his turn to get hounded now?

Perhaps that's true, but then, what did he do that was right!

NO, not his turn to be hounded, I've been on his case before as have others.

It was like Robert all over again.

Rubbish, Martins put the graft in.

Pattison did nothing wrong today. Or is it just his turn to get hounded now?

Perhaps that's true, but then, what did he do that was right!

NO, not his turn to be hounded, I've been on his case before as have others.

Pattisson certainly could have done more thus the low rating by most people.