Cooking

Gemmill

Been getting into to Fish lately.

Only ever eaten proper fish when I used to eat out on business.

Anyway, bought some lovely fresh salmon over the last few days from Asda. All wrapped up with various "fillings".

One was a Thai effort and the other a mozzarella with a tomato and basil stuffing. Both delicious.

Two decent portions for £4

Going to work through several varieties over the next week or two and try and settle on a few nice combinations.

Any recommends welcome.

Anyway, bought some lovely fresh salmon over the last few days from Asda. All wrapped up with various "fillings".

One was a Thai effort and the other a mozzarella with a tomato and basil stuffing. Both delicious.

Going to work through several varieties over the next week or two and try and settle on a few nice combinations.

Any recommends welcome.

Monkfish wrapped in parma ham is piss easy to make so I think it would be right up your street.

Any recommends welcome.

Might only be a few weeks left of some good outdoor cooking action, but I bought one of these last year for cooking fish on the BBQ, love using it when I get the chance, gives fish a good smokey flavour

outback-fish-grill.jpg

Any recommends welcome.

maxresdefault.jpg

Lovely with a buttered slice ;)

Fish should be kept simple, I think with strong flavoured Trout you can add in things like you did there CT.

I like it simple though, things like a rare seared tuna, fried salmon, roast or baked sea bass. Then pairing it with a top quality white of course.

Fish should be kept simple, I think with strong flavoured Trout you can add in things like you did there CT.

I like it simple though, things like a rare seared tuna, fried salmon, roast or baked sea bass. Then pairing it with a top quality white of course.

Just getting into it tbh so these ones Ive had came ready stuffed from the fish counter.

Think I had Tuna steak once in a restaurant and didnt like it.

Quite fancy giving sea bass and monkfish a whirl.

Over cooked tuna steak is ming ba ding. Seared really hot so its still rare in the middle is the only way to eat it. Or raw of course, had a lush tuna carpaccio the other week and always opt for it when having Japanese. Have you ever had Sushi CT? :lol:

Over cooked tuna steak is ming ba ding. Seared really hot so its still rare in the middle is the only way to eat it. Or raw of course, had a lush tuna carpaccio the other week and always opt for it when having Japanese. Have you ever had Sushi CT? :lol:

Nah, fuck that :lol:

That's not entirely true, some fish is a bit over-powering when raw. If you dont eat white rice, then you dont have much of a choice when eating Japanese. Not sure what they would make of brown rice :lol:

Our fishmongers is mint, it doesnt have a shop front as it supplies the main restaurants in our area but is open to the general public for 3 hours in the morning. Its just a windown down a back alley, first time i went i was not sure at all. We get some bat shit crazy stuff from there. We have Skate wings quite a bit (i needed to search for the English, known as aile de raie) which our lass does with capers and cooks in a stock of some sort.