Cooking

Gemmill

Hate to say it but CT is correct on this one. Microwaving vegetables (basically steaming) is probably the most healthy method there is and can be delicious too. It's a fallacy that because it's convenient it must be bad. Seems to be a massive amount of weird snobbery backed by ignorance on this subject for some reason.

Behave yourself man, you're out of your mind if you think CT is microwaving stuff because it's healthy. He's microwaving stuff because he can't cook and can't be arsed to learn.

Can't believe you, of all people, have been taken in by it.

Well I mentioned the pacemaker thing cos I wouldn't be surprised if you'd also fallen for the myth that microwaves somehow destroy food.

Personally I love steamed broccoli, carrots, peas, mange touts, baby sweetcorn etc. And yeah, microwaves are incredibly useful for heating things up. Each to their own like, but for once CT does not deserve ridicule imo.

Behave yourself man, you're out of your mind if you think CT is microwaving stuff because it's healthy. He's microwaving stuff because he can't cook and can't be arsed to learn.

Can't believe you, of all people, have been taken in by it.

So what, there's fuck all wrong with using a microwave as a cooking option fir whatever purpose. But it is really useful for veg in particular.

Well I mentioned the pacemaker thing cos I wouldn't be surprised if you'd also fallen for the myth that microwaves somehow destroy food.

Personally I love steamed broccoli, carrots, peas, mange touts, baby sweetcorn etc. And yeah, microwaves are incredibly useful for heating things up. Each to their own like, but for once CT does not deserve ridicule imo.

Sounds like maybe you and CT should get married.

So what, there's fuck all wrong with using a microwave as a cooking option fir whatever purpose. But it is really useful for veg in particular.

It's not about healthy, it's not about taste, it's not about anything other than his laziness.

Not sure why you're leaping to his defence.

Expect maybe to be Contrary Bush?

It's not about healthy, it's not about taste, it's not about anything other than his laziness.

Not sure why you're leaping to his defence.

Expect maybe to be Contrary Bush?

For once it's the rest of you being contrary though.

Okay, tbh I'll put my cards on the table. This board has become downright weird as of late in it's pretentions and overt snobbery. I used to be regarded as laughably middle class but I've been overtaken by just about everyone on that score. It took a decade but HTT might have had a point.

How are we being contrary though?

He's asked how to cook them, the overwhelming response here and from proper cooks on them thar interwebs is to roast them, he tries, fails, then just microwaves them.

If he'd come in and said "Just found a recipe for microwaving beetroot a and it's lush" he'd have not got the response he did.

He's being lazy and you're defending him to get into a conversation because you're finding this place less and less interesting for you.

How are we being contrary though?

He's asked how to cook them, the overwhelming response here and from proper cooks on them thar interwebs is to roast them, he tries, fails, then just microwaves them.

If he'd come in and said "Just found a recipe for microwaving beetroot a and it's lush" he'd have not got the response he did.

He's being lazy and you're defending him to get into a conversation because you're finding this place less and less interesting for you.

Well the last point us definitely true to an extent, and true for many others given the falling number of active members I reckon.

I'd add that lazy is not an adjective I'd label CT with, I've got plenty of others mind you.

The falling number could also be due to NUFC.

The World Cup thread is ticking along nicely, but no ambition, no excitement about signings, of course the board will suffer.

Hate to say it but CT is correct on this one. Microwaving vegetables (basically steaming) is probably the most healthy method there is and can be delicious too. It's a fallacy that because it's convenient it must be bad. Seems to be a massive amount of weird snobbery backed by ignorance on this subject for some reason.

Welcome back old wise one.

So the final two beetroots are off to the oven for a make or break roasting.

a6epejeh.jpg

Sadly, there seems lots of confusion around the web as to the length of time required ranging from 50-60 minutes at 200 to 2-3 hours at 180....!

Thanks for the picture of the beetroots.

Can you imagine the state of his Instagram page man? Here's a delicious slice of toast. Here are some sweet potatoes, ready for the oven. Here is a perfectly boiled egg