Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

2002 golf 1.9 TDI

Just looking at insurance now...best I have is £1390 from Elephant so far - not too bad considering I live in the car crime capital of the country and wrote my last car off in December....any horror stories or other recommendations?

Starting to get all my programmes framed. Just picked up Blyths 78 cup run. Next is the 51, 52 and 55 cup final programmes and tickets in 1 big frame. Then the fairs cup programme with Moncur and Mcfauls autographs under a pic of the 2 of them lifting the cup.

DSC01985.jpg

2002 golf 1.9 TDI

Just looking at insurance now...best I have is £1390 from Elephant so far - not too bad considering I live in the car crime capital of the country and wrote my last car off in December....any horror stories or other recommendations?

try quinn direct, they seem to get glowing reviews for getting lower insurance quotes

They were one of the insurers that I quote me through confused.com.

£4,678 :rolleyes:

Starting to get all my programmes framed. Just picked up Blyths 78 cup run. Next is the 51, 52 and 55 cup final programmes and tickets in 1 big frame. Then the fairs cup programme with Moncur and Mcfauls autographs under a pic of the 2 of them lifting the cup.

DSC01985.jpg

How much did the framing cost you KD if you don't mind me asking?

£52 for mounting and framing

Not cheap framing like, knew I should have kept all my framing gear.

Would have cost about no more than £12 in materials and about 20 minutes to do all in, fucking rip off tbh.

Where did you get it done?

PS3........wootwooot, not sure if I should buy the blu-ray remote, controller seems to work fine....any input

I'm going to get a remote, I store lots of video downloads on my PS3 and using the game controller is a balls ache.

I'm looking towards a PS3 - got a question for you lads who have one though...

On the 80GB one, there's a disclaimer stating "not compatible with PS2 games" but there's no such disclaimer on the 60GB one. What's the craic with that? Do you have to get the 60GB one if you want to use PS2 games or do they not work at all? <_<

On the 80GB one, there's a disclaimer stating "not compatible with PS2 games" but there's no such disclaimer on the 60GB one. What's the craic with that? Do you have to get the 60GB one if you want to use PS2 games or do they not work at all? <_<

Yup I believe so. If that's what it says then it's not backwards compatible.

If I'm not mistaken (I have a 360) the 80gb version was the original and it was backwards compatible. They changed the chip in the subsequent ones which meant they weren't backwards compatible - hence no disclaimer on the 60gb model (same for the 40gb).

If I'm not mistaken (I have a 360) the 80gb version was the original and it was backwards compatible. They changed the chip in the subsequent ones which meant they weren't backwards compatible - hence no disclaimer on the 60gb model (same for the 40gb).

erm, I think I have that arse about face - lol But you get what I meant. The 60gb version was the original wasn't it?

Anyway, the more recent ones arent compatible IIRC

Paws is nearly right, the 60 gig model is the first one which is compatibly with most PS2 games. The newer versions do not support PS2 games at all. (40g/80g)

Even then the 60g wont play all of your PS2 games.

Paws is nearly right, the 60 gig model is the first one which is compatibly with most PS2 games. The newer versions do not support PS2 games at all. (40g/80g)

Even then the 60g wont play all of your PS2 games.

Cheers fellas - bunch of toss. Ah well, 60GB it is.....

Can't understand why they won't make it backwards compatible though - I take it the original Playstation games have no chance?