Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

why doesn't it surprise me that you've got a stock of photographs of men readily at your disposal?

short, fat and a hermer... why, Wacky with these social inequalities you're really spoiling us.

Google Images - Man Boobs, and you come up on the first page

Gis a feel of your tits man fish :date:

:huh:

Not bad for someone with a budget of £0. :blink:

Yep!

I payed with a check dated for September (student loan time,he understood being a student) and £150 cash.

Thing is he had just graduated from Durham and is moving back to Wales tommorow so couldnt take em :razz:

Ive still got my full pay in the bank too ;)

A Fender 1988 Telecaster

My Newcastle supporting uncle left me some money when he died. A Black and White Guitar seemed appropriate to remember him with :unsure:

Tele

Edited by gram

Nice! :unsure:

Perfect condition for the age!

Thank you. Just picked it up from him. Its got a highish action that lets me play slide and still pick. The fella who had it used it that way in his blues band. Just done a nice bit of Stone Roses - Love Spreads in DADGAD on it. Very nice.

Weird thing is that it is obviously a genuine guitar but apart from one bump on the front it is absolutely spotless. Clean as a whistle. No fret wear etc. Dont think it got played a lot to be fair.

Well pleased with it. You learned to drum yet? I have tried for years when I have got bored sitting waiting for things to happen in rehearsal rooms but I am still shit at it!

Nice! ;)

Perfect condition for the age!

Thank you. Just picked it up from him. Its got a highish action that lets me play slide and still pick. The fella who had it used it that way in his blues band. Just done a nice bit of Stone Roses - Love Spreads in DADGAD on it. Very nice.

Weird thing is that it is obviously a genuine guitar but apart from one bump on the front it is absolutely spotless. Clean as a whistle. No fret wear etc. Dont think it got played a lot to be fair.

Well pleased with it. You learned to drum yet? I have tried for years when I have got bored sitting waiting for things to happen in rehearsal rooms but I am still shit at it!

Most of my guitars looked played within 10-12 months, i play the shit out of them tbh :lol

Yeh i can drum basically but im going to practice more advanced stuff because this is the first time im using my own kit, so all together ive probably only played for 10 hours over the last 2 years at uni.

I can play indie songs but i wanna do some harder stuff, i reckon if i practice one hour a day when i get to uni il nail it quickly.

The kits 2 years old so im going to re skin it but other than that and a few beer stains (that wipe off) its practically new,

PS. DADGAD, :huh:

My mate allways plays in that on his 12 string, i hate it :unsure:

I prefer open G or C, or Drop D for alternative tunings.

Well your doing better than me. I sit behind the drums for about 30 seconds, reaslise the guitar is easier then fuck off back to it! :unsure:

Get used to drummer jokes if you do take it up properly though. J Mascis was bloody good drummer and he reckons it helped him get more percussive on the guitar. Might be interesting to see if your playing style changes.

I dont tend to use altered tunings a lot. Quite like DADGAD cos its like learning to play the guitar again. Got to use your ears rather than relying on scales. Easier to break the rules with it. Got first gig with the guitar tomorrow. Good luck with the drumming! :huh:

Nb: I want a rockablilly guitar teacher in the North East. Know any? Not really into that sort of music particularly but its interesting putting it other genres. Very hard to play it properly - bit like country really. Again, not my cup of tea but figure I should get some more lessons and do something a bit different.

Well your doing better than me. I sit behind the drums for about 30 seconds, reaslise the guitar is easier then fuck off back to it! :huh:

Get used to drummer jokes if you do take it up properly though. J Mascis was bloody good drummer and he reckons it helped him get more percussive on the guitar. Might be interesting to see if your playing style changes.

I dont tend to use altered tunings a lot. Quite like DADGAD cos its like learning to play the guitar again. Got to use your ears rather than relying on scales. Easier to break the rules with it. Got first gig with the guitar tomorrow. Good luck with the drumming! ;)

Nb: I want a rockablilly guitar teacher in the North East. Know any? Not really into that sort of music particularly but its interesting putting it other genres. Very hard to play it properly - bit like country really. Again, not my cup of tea but figure I should get some more lessons and do something a bit different.

Well i mainly learning drums because i like playing them, but im going to learn them properly , like im learning bass properly, not just playing it as a guitar by twatting single notes with a thick pick. I find doing all three helps me understand how to interact from all corners and helps me express my guitar playing better because i know how to make it sound good next to the bass or drums.

Ive only had one lesson and that was from Jimi Savage (JawD saw him i think) and he was class. He'l probably teach any style well.

If anyone sends drummer jokes my way il pick up guitar or bass and show em i can at least play something :unsure:

This, exciting eh?

5fc01bog5.jpg

Shot at 2007-06-28

phwoar, a nice length of Shimano 1/2".

Slim actually, for a 9 speed :unsure:

3/32" width x 1/2" pitch, very nice.

This, exciting eh?

5fc01bog5.jpg

Shot at 2007-06-28

She'll be running like a dream in no time. Might go out with SMO see if we can see owt :huh:

This, exciting eh?

5fc01bog5.jpg

Shot at 2007-06-28

She'll be running like a dream in no time. Might go out with SMO see if we can see owt :huh:

Treat yourself to a can of GT85 chain spray.