Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Good stuff is it? You into your bikes Jimbo?

Best chain spray there is, used to be into mountain bikes in a big way, but living in East Anglia doesn't really make it much of a hobby, so these days I stick to wanking.

Best chain spray there is, used to be into mountain bikes in a big way, but living in East Anglia doesn't really make it much of a hobby, so these days I stick to wanking.

You definitely know your lubes, I'll give you that

You definitely know your lubes, I'll give you that

Damn right: http://www.jackinworld.com/expert/09lubes.html

Well your doing better than me. I sit behind the drums for about 30 seconds, reaslise the guitar is easier then fuck off back to it! ;)

Get used to drummer jokes if you do take it up properly though. J Mascis was bloody good drummer and he reckons it helped him get more percussive on the guitar. Might be interesting to see if your playing style changes.

I dont tend to use altered tunings a lot. Quite like DADGAD cos its like learning to play the guitar again. Got to use your ears rather than relying on scales. Easier to break the rules with it. Got first gig with the guitar tomorrow. Good luck with the drumming! <_<

Nb: I want a rockablilly guitar teacher in the North East. Know any? Not really into that sort of music particularly but its interesting putting it other genres. Very hard to play it properly - bit like country really. Again, not my cup of tea but figure I should get some more lessons and do something a bit different.

Well i mainly learning drums because i like playing them, but im going to learn them properly , like im learning bass properly, not just playing it as a guitar by twatting single notes with a thick pick. I find doing all three helps me understand how to interact from all corners and helps me express my guitar playing better because i know how to make it sound good next to the bass or drums.

Ive only had one lesson and that was from Jimi Savage (JawD saw him i think) and he was class. He'l probably teach any style well.

If anyone sends drummer jokes my way il pick up guitar or bass and show em i can at least play something :huh:

Cheers for that. Think I've decided to go to Jimi's. He is very well regarded and I am sure I have read some old Guitar Techniques mags with him in it. Looking forward to it, wont be for a few months but always like to learn new styles.

Bass is bloody hard to play properly. I've got a Fender Jazz and plonk about on it. Prefer using my fingers rather than a pic. Used to always play guitar fingerstyle so didnt think it would be too tricky but the rules are different!

Thought I had cracked it and recorded some stuff but my (talented) bass playing mate reckons I should stick to guitar! <_<:unsure:

Youre right though it does help you understand the rest of the band. Still nothing better than playing live though. I'll miss that when I leave down here to live back up there. Got a couple of bands who have asked me but not sure just yet. Think I want to have a few months of lessons first just to try to get some new ideas.

Let me know when youre recording again.

:D

Well your doing better than me. I sit behind the drums for about 30 seconds, reaslise the guitar is easier then fuck off back to it! ;)

Get used to drummer jokes if you do take it up properly though. J Mascis was bloody good drummer and he reckons it helped him get more percussive on the guitar. Might be interesting to see if your playing style changes.

I dont tend to use altered tunings a lot. Quite like DADGAD cos its like learning to play the guitar again. Got to use your ears rather than relying on scales. Easier to break the rules with it. Got first gig with the guitar tomorrow. Good luck with the drumming! <_<

Nb: I want a rockablilly guitar teacher in the North East. Know any? Not really into that sort of music particularly but its interesting putting it other genres. Very hard to play it properly - bit like country really. Again, not my cup of tea but figure I should get some more lessons and do something a bit different.

Well i mainly learning drums because i like playing them, but im going to learn them properly , like im learning bass properly, not just playing it as a guitar by twatting single notes with a thick pick. I find doing all three helps me understand how to interact from all corners and helps me express my guitar playing better because i know how to make it sound good next to the bass or drums.

Ive only had one lesson and that was from Jimi Savage (JawD saw him i think) and he was class. He'l probably teach any style well.

If anyone sends drummer jokes my way il pick up guitar or bass and show em i can at least play something :huh:

Cheers for that. Think I've decided to go to Jimi's. He is very well regarded and I am sure I have read some old Guitar Techniques mags with him in it. Looking forward to it, wont be for a few months but always like to learn new styles.

Bass is bloody hard to play properly. I've got a Fender Jazz and plonk about on it. Prefer using my fingers rather than a pic. Used to always play guitar fingerstyle so didnt think it would be too tricky but the rules are different!

Thought I had cracked it and recorded some stuff but my (talented) bass playing mate reckons I should stick to guitar! <_<:unsure:

Youre right though it does help you understand the rest of the band. Still nothing better than playing live though. I'll miss that when I leave down here to live back up there. Got a couple of bands who have asked me but not sure just yet. Think I want to have a few months of lessons first just to try to get some new ideas.

Let me know when youre recording again.

:D

Im playing in a pretty cool band when i get back to Uni so we will be recording soon,

Im looking forward to being in a proper band because for the last band we really had to accomodate the bass player (he could barely play and would look at me like a sick puppy if i tried to get him to play anything other than very basic bass)

So in this band im playing bass and on occasions lead guitar and drums, but we got (in principle) a drummer, 2 x guitarists and a bass player, hell for the studio but hellish live

but me and the drummer (housemate too) are going to go into the studio (serperate) and do our own stuff, so he'l play some guitar and il play drums and bass and then il play guitar and bass and he'l do drums and we'l probably both sing.

3344510x.jpg

Just a little word of warning, if you ever dare to wear that when you're not driving then you deserve to be shot.

quoted for truth

3344510x.jpg

Just a little word of warning, if you ever dare to wear that when you're not driving then you deserve to be shot.

It's for use with my ps3.

It makes perfect sense if you are going to be on the phone for a long time or as you say driving or even walking somewhere and you need to carry things. :unsure:

Don't you think its silly holding a phone up to your ear when you don't have to?

It makes perfect sense if you are going to be on the phone for a long time or as you say driving or even walking somewhere and you need to carry things. :unsure:

Don't you think its silly holding a phone up to your ear when you don't have to?

No it's not, never ever ever be seen using one of those while walking, you're not in the secret fucking service. :huh:

No it's not, never ever ever be seen using one of those while walking, you're not in the secret fucking service. :huh:

Your just being silly. ;)

If I'm going to be on the phone for a while and need to be somewhere I think it makes sense. However because of people like you I will be to scared to wear this in public for fear of being scorned. <_<

However because of people like you I will be to scared to wear this in public for fear of being scorned. ;)

Then my work here is done. :huh:

Just cause no one wants to talk to you! :unsure:

However because of people like you I will be to scared to wear this in public for fear of being scorned. :huh:

Then my work here is done. :unsure:

Awww I was looking forward to ridiculing him in the street. ;)

theeldersc237826.jpg

Should be finished FoM by the weekend just in time for this arriving. ;)

Meant to be good, was gonna get it for the PC, there's an expansion out now I think. Let me know if it's any good. ;)

theeldersc237826.jpg

Should be finished FoM by the weekend just in time for this arriving. ;)

Meant to be good, was gonna get it for the PC, there's an expansion out now I think. Let me know if it's any good. ;)

I think the PS3 has the nights on nine with it.

Will do.