Toon confirm Davies interest

Emre

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...Davies+interest

Glenn Roeder has confirmed his interest in bringing West Brom defender Curtis Davies to Newcastle.

The Magpies chief has seen a number of moves fail to bear fruit this month, as he attempts to beef up his options.

Roeder has made strengthening his defence one of his key priorities and Davies would appear to be high on his wish-list.

"Getting top-class young English defenders like Curtis Davies is proving a tough nut to crack," he told the Evening Chronicle.

"I have to say he's one of the players we have targeted in the January window, but if we don't get him he has to be a possibility for the summer."

Roeder also confirmed an approach for one of Arsenal's young guns had fallen on deaf ears.

"We have asked Arsenal if we could have one of their young players on loan, but Arsene Wenger said he wants to keep him at the moment because he is not ready to play Premiership football week-in, week-out," stated Roeder.

"We have accepted Arsene's decision and, as far as this player is concerned, that is the end of the matter."

Edited by Emre

"I really hate managers talking about other managers' players.

"Getting top-class young English defenders like Curtis Davies is proving a tough nut to crack, I have to say he's one of the players we have targeted in the January window, but if we don't get him he has to be a possibility for the summer."

:rolleyes:

I've lost count of the amount of times Roeder has talked shite/contradicted himself since he became manager. I wonder if referring to himself in the third person a lot makes him think he's on about someone else.

another young defender? surely it's experience we need at the back?

Aye, you could put the best young defender in the country in there and it wouldn't help much. An old head is needed. Someone like Sol Campbell :rolleyes:

another young defender? surely it's experience we need at the back?

Aye, you could put the best young defender in the country in there and it wouldn't help much. An old head is needed. Someone like Sol Campbell :rolleyes:

:blink:

Its true though! Ideally a top class and experienced CB would have been nice (ie. Campbell) but even a decent and experienced CB who talks and organises a back four would have been a good aquisition.

We don' just need a good defender, we need one who will organise the back four + Given and shout at/bollock them when required an also one who'm the likes of Taylor can learn from watching/training with as well as playing alongside.

We need experience so go and by another youngster - typical Toon. Has anyone evenb seen much of this Davies?

GeJon has seen him naked and everything so I'm told.

We need experience so go and by another youngster - typical Toon. Has anyone evenb seen much of this Davies?

I wouldnt worry about anyone seeing him play, lets be realistic, we wont sign anyone of note this window, Roeder contradicts himself all the time :