Giles Barnes

Akabusi

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is a Mod on both, but i'm around if any mod wants Jol's IP.

Think we've safely confirmed that they're NOT the same person, wouldn't you agree Ally??

Yep. ;)

He'll be using one of those ip blockers I used to use on N?O when i was banned.

Not on here he won't! :angry:

He'll be using one of those ip blockers I used to use on N?O when i was banned.

On the off-chance that admins on two different websites would cross-reference IP addresses? Course he is, Stevie. Nice apology. ;)

Anyone else notice the nudge, nudge, wink, wink tone of Craig's post? Reckon I might know who Kris is. :P

:angry:

Nowt to do with me guv'nor! (and I'm serious! :P)

Chaps, i'm not too arsed if you think i'm someone off NO or not but i've posted the team, or team news, on here a couple of times i think so if i was a Spurs fan i doubt i'd have this info to hand.

I'm just passing on what i've heard, if it turns out to be bollocks then i'll take it on the chin, i'm just passing on what i've heard from someone who i believe to be a reliable source.

Chaps, i'm not too arsed if you think i'm someone off NO or not but i've posted the team, or team news, on here a couple of times i think so if i was a Spurs fan i doubt i'd have this info to hand.

I'm just passing on what i've heard, if it turns out to be bollocks then i'll take it on the chin, i'm just passing on what i've heard from someone who i believe to be a reliable source.

Kris.jpg

How can anyone not trust that face.

Kris.jpg

How can anyone not trust that face.

surely though, as we've got a game tonight there'll be no more wheeling and dealing for us this transfer window :angry:

Horton: No bids in for Barnes

By Steve Nicholson

Derby County say they have not received any offers for midfielder Giles Barnes.

The 18-year-old was left out of the 16 on duty for last night's 1-0 Championship victory over Burnley at Pride Park.

This has sparked further speculation over his future at the club with the transfer window set to close at midnight tonight.

Barnes has continually been linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur but Rams managing director Mike Horton said before the Burnley game: "If the number of people who have been reported as being interested in Giles phoned me, I would be a very busy man.

"We have still not had any serious phone calls about him."

First-team coach Julian Darby said Barnes had been left out because of squad rotation.

"We have strength in depth. There will be changes and players will be rested," he added. "Giles played against Bristol Rovers on Saturday, as did Seth Johnson and Richard Jackson, who were also not involved against Burnley."

Derby have made five signings during the January window, splashing out around £3.7m on David Jones, Craig Fagan, Gary Teale, Stephen Pearson and Jay McEveley.

Manager Billy Davies would also like to add West Ham United full-back Tyrone Mears to his squad, possibly on loan, and is keen on bringing in another striker.

But Horton said he did not expect "fireworks" on the final day of transfer business.

He suggested one or two may come in and one or two could leave, adding: "I can't see there being any huge revelations but the window means one phone call could change all that.

"If the price is right and the opportunity is there, we will always look to take advantage of it."

The official close of play today is midnight but the funds or deposits for significant transfers must be lodged within normal banking hours.