Planning...

Isegrim

We should really be looking to challenge for a champions league place other wise where are we looking to go.

It will be very difficult beating any of those four but it's no point setting yourself a target of staying in the division (which I think was the target fatty set this term).

Plus Liverpool and Arse (while miles better than us) are still more than capable of losing a good number of poor points so it's not ridiculous to try and challenge them.

Aye if you're not aiming for a Champions League place then what is the point?

Dribble in to the UEFA cup once evey 5 years and maybe put together a domestic cup run and hope everyone one else knocks the big teams out.

I don't know that we can GET a Champions League place (with the squad, manager and money we have), but anyone that isn't aiming for it shouldn't be at the club frankly.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should really be looking to challenge for a champions league place other wise where are we looking to go.

It will be very difficult beating any of those four but it's no point setting yourself a target of staying in the division (which I think was the target fatty set this term).

Plus Liverpool and Arse (while miles better than us) are still more than capable of losing a good number of poor points so it's not ridiculous to try and challenge them.

There's a difference between having a goal and actually believing it will happen. Anyway, automatic qualification for the UEFA cup and winning the league cup would be a much more realistic and achievable goal.

Shouldn't you be supporting Middlesborough then? ;)

We need a Director of football asap tbh

I agree and i dont think its humanly possible for Roeder to do everything he needs to do. One thing not taken account of when looking at the club's activity in the market is human resource. We are short on it tbh.

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=8442

The problem is worsened imho by the fact that a couple of board positions are vacant, i.e. are filled by Fat Fred himself. The whole setup of the club is rather that of an amateur club than that of a club with one of the highest turnover in Europe.

He is on a recruitment drive as we speak, i think next up is maybe the DoF job...

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~974424,00.html

Perfect for Vic tbh.

I agree and i dont think its humanly possible for Roeder to do everything he needs to do. One thing not taken account of when looking at the club's activity in the market is human resource. We are short on it tbh.

The problem is worsened imho by the fact that a couple of board positions are vacant, i.e. are filled by Fat Fred himself. The whole setup of the club is rather that of an amateur club than that of a club with one of the highest turnover in Europe.

He is on a recruitment drive as we speak, i think next up is maybe the DoF job...

Perfect for Vic tbh.

What the fuck is all that about

Perfect for Vic tbh.

We had been trying to sign Babel since the 3rd of Jan and FF was involved from the get go...In the end Glenda was left to convince Babel and SBR apparently and failed. But it was close.

Perfect for Vic tbh.

Its called a job advert....

Couldn't agree more, I'm not a fan of Roeder but to expect him to do everything from managing the team to ringing around to enquire about players as well as his managerial degree is too much.

We need someone to come in and take control of everything to do with the playing side of the club apart from first team training and selection, you look at the success other clubs have had with this method and it amazes me we haven't followed suit.

Dribble in to the UEFA cup once evey 5 years and maybe put together a domestic cup run and hope everyone one else knocks the big teams out.

I don't know that we can GET a Champions League place (with the squad, manager and money we have), but anyone that isn't aiming for it shouldn't be at the club frankly.

If that's your reasoning you may as well say we should be aiming to win the league and the champions league. Your second sentence is the present reality though.

Perfect for Vic tbh.

sorry, always been in highly paid jobs never needed to apply to something that asks for 'smartcard' jibes

like who?

;)

You are becoming boring.

You are right, there aren't clubs in the whole of Europe who are doing transfers in advance. They all wait for deadline day. Sorry, my mistake.

we're talking about before the window starts dumkopf

Couldn't agree more, I'm not a fan of Roeder but to expect him to do everything from managing the team to ringing around to enquire about players as well as his managerial degree is too much.

We need someone to come in and take control of everything to do with the playing side of the club apart from first team training and selection, you look at the success other clubs have had with this method and it amazes me we haven't followed suit.

I'm not a fan either, i admire his work though and his work ethic. He was doing that course over the last few weeks and organising signings. Does that mean Terry Mac and Lee Clark have been running training?

Perfect for Vic tbh.

sorry, always been in highly paid jobs never needed to apply to something that asks for 'smartcard' jibes

Oooh get you Mr sense of humour failure.

Were you headhunted out of primary school to work for NASA like Vic?

like who?

;)

You are becoming boring.

You are right, there aren't clubs in the whole of Europe who are doing transfers in advance. They all wait for deadline day. Sorry, my mistake.

Ok, just one example from the top of my head. Berbatov to Spurs last May, dipshit.

If that's your reasoning you may as well say we should be aiming to win the league and the champions league. Your second sentence is the present reality though.

Winning the Premiership is a very difficult thing to do (winning the Champions League even more so - especially as in the English league we have such a busy domestic fixtures list and competitive top league).

But getting a Champions League place (assuming we retain the current number anyway) isn't pie in the sky (Bolton, Portsmouth and Reading could all concieveably sneak one this season still), it's quite achieveable.

If we're not aiming for a Champions League place then frankly I dunno know why they bother to turn up to play.

Winning the Premiership is a very difficult thing to do (winning the Champions League even more so - especially as in the English league we have such a busy domestic fixtures list and competitive top league).

But getting a Champions League place (assuming we retain the current number anyway) isn't pie in the sky (Bolton, Portsmouth and Reading could all concieveably sneak one this season still), it's quite achieveable.

If we're not aiming for a Champions League place then frankly I dunno know why they bother to turn up to play.

I'm not sure you need targets like this, the team should always be doing their best in the league. What have we to play for now out of interest? I imagine the Champions League is beyond us.

I'm not sure you need targets like this, the team should always be doing their best in the league. What have we to play for now out of interest? I imagine the Champions League is beyond us.

Next year I was talking about, with summer signings (hopefully anyway) and without a huge injury crisis for once.

But this season at the very moment, realistically just aiming to finish as high as we can, aiming optimistically for a UEFA place, but still even now with perhaps 1/2 and eye on a CL place (very highly unlikely, but a good run combined with others bad runs it is still just about possible).

But in a longterm sence if we're not aiming at a CL place, as I said then I don't know why people are at the club.

like who?

;)

You are becoming boring.

Ok, just one example from the top of my head. Berbatov to Spurs last May, dipshit.

13 days before the window. wow. magnificent planning

total coincidence that Spurs were the only club to exceed his buy out clause

p.s. can you see a quote like this coming from someone about us right now :"The squad has some terrific young players, an excellent manager and coaching staff"

how many clubs are you talking about over the last decade have done better than us, and name them ? While you are at it, tell us which clubs you think have a better "plan" than us that for some strange reason haven't done so well. How can this be possible ;)

I see the infrastructure at Spurs is succeeding these days, unlike our "lack of planning"....look at the league table :nufc:

Villa, West Ham and Charlton also have grand "plans" going too ....... :nufc:

like who?

;)

You are becoming boring.

Larsson to ManUre?

You haven't raised any points. You've made pointless references to other clubs that have come out of this transfer window a lot better off than we have in terms of the improvements to their squad. And I would say Spurs went into the window better off to begin with.

like who?

;)

You are becoming boring.

13 days before the window. wow. magnificent planning

total coincidence that Spurs were the only club to exceed his buy out clause

p.s. can you see a quote like this coming from someone about us right now :"The squad has some terrific young players, an excellent manager and coaching staff"

From May 17th May to July 1st it's just 13 days? I hope you don't need any mathematics in your studying.

As I said, the Berbatov transfer was just an example. If you really want to deny that there are always a certain amount of transfer deals finalised ahead of the start of the transfer window you are either an imbecile, a liar or just a poor WUM.

I can't see the quote coming because I don't think it is true and whoever is saying it is wearing rose-tinted specs © Leazes