Missing the toon

micktoon

Wor lass at work the neet. Decided to have a Geordie night in on me jack. Alcohol, history of Tyneside DVD, The Toon official history DVD.

Big mistake. 16 fucking year living in Denmark, 16 years away from my beloved Newcastle, never fucking felt so fucking homesick in me life. Sad this, should be more adult about it I'm nearly 40 for fucks sake.

Anyhow planned it all the neet, five more years tops. I'm coming back because i need to. Just need to save enough wedge to come back comfy.

Debt and good finacial income keep me in DK, canny country but fuck all to do and never can replace NEWCASTLE.

Fuck it all, am coming back, just got to convince wor lass, Danish but TOON nuts and loves Newcastle, but danes hate to leave Denmark.

Fuck it I'm rambling off to bed.

<_<;);):D:D:(:nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc:

Guest Patrokles

I'm the opposite, I feel a strong urge to get away but feel trapped here. The grass is always greener I guess.

It's a fair point. I personally want to up sticks to America; all my American friends would rather live here. People just like being places they aren't currently.

I'm the opposite, I feel a strong urge to get away but feel trapped here. The grass is always greener I guess.

It's a fair point. I personally want to up sticks to America; all my American friends would rather live here. People just like being places they aren't currently.

Thinking of fucking off to Canada personally like...just don't think the Toon could handle the loss tho <_<

Thinking of fucking off to Canada personally like...just don't think the Toon could handle the loss tho <_<

Your local off licence certainly couldn't.

Thinking of fucking off to Canada personally like...just don't think the Toon could handle the loss tho ;)

Your local off licence certainly couldn't.

<_< never use it as it's too expensive but I get your point ..... ;)

Living down south and feeling very home-sick...

;)

aahhh...but to allay your homesickness it's full of charvas, immigrants and cold wet weather ;)

have u been down this way recently?? <_<

Living down south and feeling very home-sick...

;)

aahhh...but to allay your homesickness it's full of charvas, immigrants and cold wet weather ;)

have u been down this way recently?? <_<

nope, try not to if I can help it !! why ???

Good luck with the plans to get back, Mick. Know the feeling.

Cheers mate. looks likes its on. Wor lass is up for th move. Five years seems like a long time but it's a target and a maximum one. Personally think I can do it in three.

Having lived a couple of other places in the UK I was always glad when I came back especially because of the football. Maybe it is a reflection of what has happened in football but over the last 10 years I feel Newcastle has really lost its character (just like Premiership football) and become a city full of chain pubs, charvas and hen and stag nights. Other places have developed but still kept their character but Newcastle has lost it (unless the character really is charvas and pissed people). I work in Newcastle and go to the match but hardly ever go out there and would love to live somewhere with a more Euopean flava (and warmer climate).

Edited by Super7

Nah, personally, I still think Newcastle has got its character DESPITE the chain pubs and hen and stag nights etc. Mind you, I don't drink where the stag and hen parties or the charvers go. If you're out and about, yeah we have the same shops as everywhere else in the UK, but to me Newcastle still looks and feels like Newcastle.

I wouldn't swap this place for the world. Don't get me wrong, I want to travel and visit other places, but as far as living somewhere, Newcastle still feels like home as much as ever.

I am planning my return to the North East after ten years away. I still get to home games and obviously away games are fairly easy but its knackering and its not the same meeting people at away games rather than travelling with them.

Looking forward to it but house prices are fucking silly! Some places that are blatant shit holes are going for fortunes. <_<

Although I liked living in Manchester, I did used to get bouts of homesickness. When The Bloke and I split up there was never any doubt that I'd move back home although I miss my friends and my job down there. I love being home though.