2 Signings i'd consider

Missed Sticks

Heskey,

Not for his goal scoring but to cause problems for Martins/Owen to profit from. Seems to have toughened up now.

Rosenior,

Not bad at RB, reckon he could improve as well.

Both would fancy a move as well i reckon.

both below par really, especially rosenior,

Heskey,

Not for his goal scoring but to cause problems for Martins/Owen to profit from. Seems to have toughened up now.

Rosenior,

both below par really, especially rosenior,

Better than Carr and Shola tbh. And affordable for the brassic.

Heskey,

Rosenior,

Didn't look so tough when he tumbled after minimal contact. The punditry on MOTD2 really was the pits tonight. Dixon saying that even though he could have stayed on his feet he's entitled to go down - what a load of shit. Still he was better than that waste of space Reading captain.

if it's a big fella you want, why not Viduka in the summer, he's leaving on a Bosman?

and there are innumerable better right backs than Rosenior.

Viduka is a far better shout than giving Le Sib a 2-year deal.

A few good players out of contract in the summer- lets hope we can nail a bargain or two for a change. If Chelsea decide to go for a more glamourous name than Ben Haim then we should be busting a gut to get him here.

Heskey,

Rosenior,

Didn't look so tough when he tumbled after minimal contact. The punditry on MOTD2 really was the pits tonight. Dixon saying that even though he could have stayed on his feet he's entitled to go down - what a load of shit. Still he was better than that waste of space Reading captain.

Sidders isn't that type of player! <_<

I think Heskey would work well with Owen (proven actually) and Martins. Can win it in the air, runs the channels, he's strong and quick. Heskey seems to be putting himself about it now and not limping around feeling sorry for himself like he did at Liverpool. He's got a few years left and he's not fat like Viduka. If Wigan go down, i'd say he's worth a punt.

i think Rosenior has a bit of potential. Could be decent imo.

Heskey,

Rosenior,

Sidders isn't that type of player! ;)

He's certainly that kind of pundit. :razz:

heskey looks to me to have lost half a yard of pace. still a big presence but doesn't score anywhere near enough goals.

rosenior is not really a top player at all. he's industrious and reasonably quick but positionally he's not all that. and his tackling for me isn't the best.

assuming we've got some money, and west ham go down, i'd go in for ashton and konchesky.

Yeah but the basis of my thread is if we're short of money ;)

Anyway, i haven't seen enough of Ashton to pay the £10m+ that West Ham would want.

Konchesky's cack, man.

assuming we've got some money, and west ham go down, i'd go in for ashton and konchesky.

Yeah but the basis of my thread is if we're short of money ;)

Anyway, i haven't seen enough of Ashton to pay the £10m+ that West Ham would want.

Konchesky's cack, man.

Then we wouldnt be in for Heskey.

If West Ham go down, then depending on their cash situation they may keep hold of Ashton and see the season out or cash in if the moneys right. If they hadnt been taken over, then maybe Ashton would have gone for lesser money.

Id sooner take Viduka over Heskey, at least Viduka scores goals and might be fairly decent with a pacey attack around him a la owen/martins/dyer/duff etc

If Heskey was our 3rd/4th choice striker instead of Shola or Le Sib I'd be happy enough. He's a better option then both but I think he'd be too dear. Viduka is a good player but I think he rightly gets criticised for his attitude. Heskey would work much harder for the team. I'd take Viduka over Shola or Le Sib as our number 3 though.

Honestly even if Wigan go down there's no way they'll even consider selling Heskey for anything less than they bought him IMO.

If* they go down, they might not have much choice I suppose. They'd want the majority of it though, you're right and that's too much still.

*That's a massive 'if' anyway as I think the bottom 3 look dead and buried.

Heskey,

Rosenior,

When Leroy Rosenoir was our manager at Torquay a few seasons ago, we had Liam on loan. He was a very capable player, wouldnt be a bad signing, but i dont rekon he'd want to come to us anyway!!