Summer Festivals

Scottish Mag

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glastonbury was awesome. Amused by the M&S debate. I wouldn't say I'm fan of theirs but they've got some good tunes. I was in the crowd for their set. I thought they were an odd choice to close the festival, they've only been around six years and had to play almost their whole back catalogue to fill the set, but I thought they did a good job. People around me sort of switched off and chatted during their slower/less well known numbers (although I'd put that more down as a reflection of the crowd), but the place was rocking for their big hits. They were admittedly quite humble about closing Glasto and getting vampire weekend etc on stage for their last song was a reflection of that.

I saw M&S at the Sage last year, thought they were canny enough. Mind, I like folk music. There's nothing more pathetic than people having a superiority complex over their taste in music, as a couple of posters have illustrated here.

Only once went to Glastonbury, in 1990 I think. Hitched there and back from Liverpool, smoked a quarter in 3 days, loved it. It does strike me as too big and commercial now though. What's the policing like? Is open drug taking still tolerated?

Well it is bloody big. I wouldn't say it's too commercial though. You can take as much food and booze as you want or can carry in, rather than forced to buy bottles of budweiser for £8, which is a stark contrast from a lot of other gigs/festivals/sporting events.

Of course they discourage drug taking but I think this is just lip service. No-one is ever arrested for doing drugs (I've seen a copper role a joint to the cheers of encouraging crowd). Security staff search most bags but not all on the way in but they don't pat you down, and they told me they just bin any gear they find instead of dobbing you in to the fuzz, unless you're clearly intending to deal.

What struck me was the amount of people doing laughing gas (nitrous oxide). Everywhere you went there were people sucking on balloons, especially up in the stone circle. I find it particularly amusing as it's a gas routinely used in anaesthetic practice (although I don't use it much as it makes people puke when they wake up!).

:lol: not smoking it I hope!

Have I told you about my patient who accidentally set his beard on fire? It was at night a couple of weeks ago. He had an oxygen mask on and used his cigarette lighter to light up the room whilst bent over looking for something in his bag.

:lol: not smoking it I hope!

Have I told you about my patient who accidentally set his beard on fire? It was at night a couple of weeks ago. He had an oxygen mask on and used his cigarette lighter to light up the room whilst bent over looking for something in his bag.

:lol: No definitely not smoking it. Balloon of Nos, Balloon of Oxygen, huge drops =

59433.gif

Too much Nitrous in one sitting can conclude in you passing out. Seen it many times at festivals/event/gigs over the years. Especially from the big industrial canisters.

You don't have to tell me that! It's an anaesthetic gas! I'm just surprised at how popular it is, there wasn't much about when I last went in 2005.

Edited by luckyluke

Few mates picked up a crapload of the wee cannisters when they went to Benicassim with the intention of flogging them at the festival to make a decent portion of their costs back. The four of them drove down through France and Spain and had wiped out their entire stock by the time they got there, because decisions arrived at when on Drugs are Bad Mmkay?

You don't have to tell me that! It's an anaesthetic gas! I'm just surprised at how popular it is, there wasn't much about when I last went in 2005.

There's not even many anaesthetists that still use it these days! Although we have several 'old school' types who refuse to move with the times. Needless to say they piss me off every time I have to recover one of their puking patients...

:lol:

Re: Festivals. My friend invited me to V festival in August as "a final fling before we hit the big 4-0"

I just can't do it :lol: