worst city/town to have a night out in (uk)

bobbyshinton

High Wycombe. Awful. Very little in the way of clubs. Shame, because as my hometown I would like something to give me reason to actually go there.

I remember Reading being pretty shit come to think of it.

Agreed, Reading is a crap night out.

Totally disagree. But then again I am a student.

Aye it was the proliferation of student wankers that helped make it a crap night out tbh.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High Wycombe. Awful. Very little in the way of clubs. Shame, because as my hometown I would like something to give me reason to actually go there.

High Wycombe is bloody awful and so is Woking.

High Wycombe is bloody awful and so is Woking.

Never been the same since the Martians showed up.

i went to uni in sheffield. loved the place tbh. great night out whatever you're into. good live band scene, nice mix of clubs and enough bars to keep you happy.

not just a student town either. i hooke dup with quite a few locals when i lived there - i loved it.

leeds is a good crack too, although not quite as friendly as sheffield.

got to add milton keynes to that list btw - what a shithole.

oh, and gloucster, staines and canning town.

i went to uni in sheffield. loved the place tbh. great night out whatever you're into. good live band scene, nice mix of clubs and enough bars to keep you happy.

not just a student town either. i hooke dup with quite a few locals when i lived there - i loved it.

Yeh I really like the nightlife in Sheffield. As you say it caters for all needs. Load of my mates went to Hed Kandi on Saturday at Crasher, not my thing but they all had a great time on their pills ( :D ) I find as a student though if you go out in town on a Friday or Saturday the locals aren't as welcoming as other cities.

Were you a student quite recently or a while back Dan?

Yeh I really like the nightlife in Sheffield. As you say it caters for all needs. Load of my mates went to Hed Kandi on Saturday at Crasher, not my thing but they all had a great time on their pills ( :D ) I find as a student though if you go out in town on a Friday or Saturday the locals aren't as welcoming as other cities.

Were you a student quite recently or a while back Dan?

seems like yesterday but it's coming up for ten years ago. gatecrasher was just kicking off at the time but i was more interested in nights at the music factory, the unit and the arches.

the leadmill is a great live band venue plus we had a really nice selection of locals around hunters bar and eccelsal road. quality independent cinema too....the showroom iirc.

the years fly by once you start work. student days were the best time ever - you can make good money working but you'll never have that much free time again in your life... :D

I'd also like to add Sheffield to the list.

sheffield is a very good night out tbh

Half of the places mentioned so far are a good night out. A night is what you make of it.

My worst night out was in London, mainly because none of us knew the right places to go to. Wouldn't class it as the worst place for a night out though.

Half of the places mentioned so far are a good night out. A night is what you make of it.

My worst night out was in London, mainly because none of us knew the right places to go to. Wouldn't class it as the worst place for a night out though.

I would agree with that. I had one of the worst nights out I've ever had in Edinburgh last summer but I'm sure it's probably a canny enough place.

I made my choices (Stoke and Crewe) on the basis of going out on the one night and not finding one place you would want to drink in, let alone find out the prices/clientelle snobbishness/blart ratio. That and the pervasive depressing feel/architecture of the place, coupled with the eerily empty streets on a friday/saturday night.

Which part of Stoke were you in?

The centre ?!?!? Does it have a hip and happening Latin quarter I didn't know about then :D

Stoke is made up of three or 4 towns. Stoke actually being the 2nd worst of them Burslem being the worst. Hanley and Newcastle are good for a night out and Hanley is very good. Also got some great Balti restaurants.

You missed out Tunstall and Longton however its no wonder considering how bad Tunstall is for a Friday night out and Longton being even worse.

My worst night out was in London

I would agree with that.

:D

I would although I've never been on a night out there but just to make Meenzer cry.

Sorry babes. x x x

I'm just winding her up. You on the other hand can ferk right off :D

You know I had a class night at London's Premiere Gay Pub Quiz, so it's not winding me up at all :D

I'm just winding her up. You on the other hand can ferk right off :D

You know I had a class night at London's Premiere Gay Pub Quiz, so it's not winding me up at all :D

"Premiere" is what we call "Practically Only" around these parts. :D

most bars in the west end - where most tourists end up - are pretty awful.

Bradistan, nasty, nasty place. Although the Alambraha is nice when Billy pearce is there...........

ill get my coat

Yes, Yes I rather think you better had

Blackpool wins hands down for me, horrible, horrible place.

We're having a mate's stag do there in October, in honour of the annual pilgrimage we made to the place in our early teens to bomb up and down the arcades and throw stink bombs off people's heads from the rides at the Pleasure Beach. Something tells me it's not quite going to be the same now that we're all in our late 20s... :D

Blackpool wins hands down for me, horrible, horrible place.

We're having a mate's stag do there in October, in honour of the annual pilgrimage we made to the place in our early teens to bomb up and down the arcades and throw stink bombs off people's heads from the rides at the Pleasure Beach. Something tells me it's not quite going to be the same now that we're all in our late 20s... :unsure:

That the new phrase for 35 then Meenz?