Come on Barca

newcastlebroon

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather see English teams prevail tbh (except Arsenal).

Must admit that I always want English teams to win against foreign teams but when it involves Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Sunderland, and Man.Utd my feelings often do a U-turn.

Watched the Liverpool v Barca match and wanted Barca to get a second goal.

How fucking funny was that Inter Valencia fight? :lol::icon_lol:

The Valencia player who got the sneaky punch in is David Navarro, he was linked with us in January.

Looked pretty quick when he was being chased around the field by Inter players! :rolleyes:

I understand Meenzer's anti-liverpool sentiment.

but I like to see English teams playing good football progress, and no-one can argue that over the two legs Liverpool deserved anything but to go through.

if they had spawned a win at the Nou Camp and played negtive half-football over here I'd say, sure send them away with nowt, but they were a good advert for English football tonight. Far better than a lot of English sides in Europe.

I will hate the furor in the papers tomorrow as much as the rest of you, but they do deserve credit for beating Barcelona over two legs and by beating them well.

p.s. I'm surprised there wasn't a "come on Porto thread by the way, I assume you're all closet Chelsea fans then :lol:

Wanted Barca to go through but Liverpool deserved to be in the last 8 in all honesty.

Aye, couldnt agree more.

Strange scenario here as many Man U fans were wanting Liverpool through as well, just to avoid Barca in the future.

I was desperate for Barca to grab a late second like.

What a mackemesque thread.

I found myself in the rare position of wanting both Liverpool and Man U to have their shared hopes dashed and I was right at home, let me tell you.

How fucking funny was that Inter Valencia fight? :lol::icon_lol:

The Valencia player who got the sneaky punch in is David Navarro, he was linked with us in January.

Looked pretty quick when he was being chased around the field by Inter players! :rolleyes:

SPAIN_SOCCER_CHAMPI_241027f.jpg

i would have liked to see barca win, just so we didn't have to listen to clive tyldsley bleat on one more time about liverpool's special relationship with the european cup and "that night" in instanbul.

change the record ffs

i would have liked to see barca win, just so we didn't have to listen to clive tyldsley bleat on one more time about liverpool's special relationship with the european cup and "that night" in instanbul.

change the record ffs

Or that night in '99 with regards to The Manchester Of United.

I had to watch the Liverpool game with the sound off in the end, Titsley and the kerb crawler were doing my head in. Liverpool deserved to win like, but Jeeeeesus he doesn't half go on. Special mention for his 'good news from Stamford Bridge - Chelsea have equalised' comment in the second half. Aye, because everyone watching would just love Chelsea to get through. Tit. :lol:

The thing is though, for me, it's purely an emotional thing. I don't think before the game - if Liverpool win it's good for English or whatever. I just want a team to win or I don't, I can't really help it. I bet you wanted Chelsea to go out btw.

Fucking plaggy scousers are unbearable today, saying how Chelsea havent a hope in hells chance to win it! Yet when we tell them that Liverpoo were the worse team to win it in Istanbul they seem to talk about other teams!!

Fuck off!!!

Hope they get Man Ure next and they bum the hell out of them!

The thing is though, for me, it's purely an emotional thing. I don't think before the game - if Liverpool win it's good for English or whatever. I just want a team to win or I don't, I can't really help it. I bet you wanted Chelsea to go out btw.

It's only tele fans and old ladies who want all English teams to do well in Europe. Those who only get fed what the BBC, Sky - and god help them - ITV serve up. You know the kind, 'I love football but I don't support anyone.' The kind of people who ring the 3 Legends and say 'whey, I want all the north east teams to do well Bernie'