Newcastle United Vs AZ Alkmaar Official match thread

Jimbo

Guest Patrokles

I think people are being a bit harsh about the second half and that it's unrealistic to expect us to have repeated the first. Also, if the halves had been reversed, everyone would be delighted now.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is it just me or were we not using duff enough down the left...

good result mind and if we counter attack them in the next leg i think we'll break them....

Let's hope we do break them, 2 goals is a great head start.

Lens 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen

Maccabi Haifa 0-0 Espanyol

Newcastle 4-2 AZ

Sevilla 2-2 Shakhtar Donetsk

Celta Vigo 0-1 W Bremen

PSG 2-1 Benfica

Rangers 1-1 Osasuna

Spurs still playing 0-0

Come on Braga.

Hehe, the lad that sits behind me at work is a spuds fan, reckons Braga should be easy for them so a good result for Braga would be amusing. Spurs will fluke it though knowing them!

We probably need an away goal to be safe.

Decent game, thought Dyer played well but apparently he said on tv that he hates playing on the right. Will he never learn it's a team game?

Yeah I don't think that's the only time's he said that... :icon_lol:

Gotta admit, Sibierski and Martins is a much better partnership. Martins scored a fantastic solo goal and a great striker's finish, but Sib produced two lovely assists. Both been top players in Europe too.

Lens 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen

Maccabi Haifa 0-0 Espanyol

Newcastle 4-2 AZ

Sevilla 2-2 Shakhtar Donetsk

Celta Vigo 0-1 W Bremen

PSG 2-1 Benfica

Rangers 1-1 Osasuna

Braga 2-3 Spurs

Halfway through the first half, Roeder finds time to indulge in a bit of circus seal antics on the touch line.

0,,10278~3126166,00.gif

The act was brought to end end when Terry Mac threw him a sardine.

2 of our players run into the box, f**king disgrace.

Actually that was one of the worst things, a bit of bollocking there wouldn't go astray tbh.

Carr looked ok tbh.

Did he fuck, he's a liability on the right, on the left he's dangerous.

He was always screaming for the ball, but whenever he got it he did fuck all, except when he put Carr through, but it was Carr...so he did fuck all with it.

Carr looked ok tbh.

Did he fuck, he's a liability on the right, on the left he's dangerous.

He was always screaming for the ball, but whenever he got it he did fuck all, except when he put Carr through, but it was Carr...so he did fuck all with it.

Agree with Carr comments..... talking shite about Duff though tbh, thought he was quite lively tonight.

DUFF! :icon_lol:

Duff should have done better then.

If we learned how to use Duff, i.e. give him the ball when he is in space and then a forward attacking the near post we get our money's worth, man.

thought the first half showed why we bought Duff - he was really good

pity about the penalty - watched again this morning on the news and it looked a harsh decision

thought the first half showed why we bought Duff - he was really good

pity about the penalty - watched again this morning on the news and it looked a harsh decision

Aye Taylor didn't move his arm at all, it was a classic example of ball to hand.

and Carr was ok [prepares to get hit by bandwagon/]

I agree with you. He's never going to be a fantastic player but I found I wasn't screaming abuse at him quite as often as I normally do, and it looked like he was really trying to make the effort. Admittedly, it doesn't always work but I do think he had a better game than normal.

The whole thing was a complete rollercoaster like. Couldn't quite believe what I was seeing and then still felt disappointed when it was 4-2 at the end, which is frankly ridiculous :icon_lol:

Having seen the penalty shout again - tough one. The decision could definitely have gone either way and I would have said it was ball to hand had Taylor not moved his arm out slightly as the ball came towards him.