C*nts Corner

sweetleftpeg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate who has just got Sat Nav in his car and nearly crashed about 40 times on the way to work fucking about with the thing then used it as a guide to take us home after working there for 7 years. Took us the longer way where all the traffic is aswell but instead of going the usual quick way he decided to go along with it :D

There is nothing worse than someone who slavishly uses SatNav when they either know the right way to go, or their passenger (i.e. ME) knows exactly where they are. If I didn't know better I'd think they were just doing it to amuse themselves at my pissedoffness. Eh Scott? <_<

Tell me he hasn't wasted his money on one? :lol:

don't think they're a waste of money at all. I think that a lot of people who buy them don't use them properly and in doing so, piss off the rest of the people on the road...

My mate who has just got Sat Nav in his car and nearly crashed about 40 times on the way to work fucking about with the thing then used it as a guide to take us home after working there for 7 years. Took us the longer way where all the traffic is aswell but instead of going the usual quick way he decided to go along with it :D

There is nothing worse than someone who slavishly uses SatNav when they either know the right way to go, or their passenger (i.e. ME) knows exactly where they are. If I didn't know better I'd think they were just doing it to amuse themselves at my pissedoffness. Eh Scott? <_<

I've told you, when you pass your test, then you can give me directions.

*waits for EXPLOSION* :lol:<_<

I've told you, when you pass your test, then you can give me directions.

*waits for EXPLOSION* :lol:<_<

You don't have to have passed your test to know where roads in Manchester lead when you've lived there for 10 years. [/serene calmness] :)

The head girl at my school.

Fancy having a fucking her 18th party on April 5th, which is MY birthday.

Whore. :D

School? you're 17 are you not? hence surely you shouldn't be in school now.

18 April 5th. I'm a 6th former at a school which goes from year 8-12. Also has a head boy and head girl. Both of which are c***s.

I love how people who are 17 and not quite yet 18 when you ask them their age they always say oh I'm 18 in such and such and never say 17. :lol:

Whore. <_<

18 April 5th. I'm a 6th former at a school which goes from year 8-12. Also has a head boy and head girl. Both of which are c***s.

I love how people who are 17 and not quite yet 18 when you ask them their age they always say oh I'm 18 in such and such and never say 17. :lol:

Also has a jealous rage waiting to explode out of them due to not being picked as the "head boy" you just know Brock would LOVE that.

Luckily enough for some you are always going to be known as the head boy at school *cough T27 cough*

:D

Whore. <_<

Also has a jealous rage waiting to explode out of them due to not being picked as the "head boy" you just know Brock would LOVE that.

Luckily enough for some you are always going to be known as the head boy at school *cough T27 cough*

:D

<_<

"Look at the size of that boy's melon. It's like an orange on a toothpick. "

Whore. <_<

Less than 3 sodding weeks. <_<

Me even considered to be head boy? What sort of toffee-nosed snob do you fucking take me for? :D

Whore. <_<

Less than 3 sodding weeks. <_<

Me even considered to be head boy? What sort of toffee-nosed snob do you fucking take me for? :D

You do come across as spoilt little rich boy, out of interest what car do you drive and who bought it for you?

don't think they're a waste of money at all. I think that a lot of people who buy them don't use them properly and in doing so, piss off the rest of the people on the road...

Personally I think they're an invention for people who either have no sense of direction or can't read a map. And the procurement of one is an indication that you think you're in that category.

Isn't it Scott who is critical of Sammy's geographical skills? <_<

I think they are very useful tbh, its ok knowing how to get to a town/city but finding the actual place you are supposed to get to when you are at the town or city is a different matter. Yeah you could use a map but then you would most likely have to find somewhere to pull over and stop to read it. Technology is there to make things easier as im sure all of us some use it for at some point or another.

Personally I think they're an invention for people who either have no sense of direction or can't read a map. And the procurement of one is an indication that you think you're in that category.

Is a calculator only used by someone incapable of basic mathematics? No, they just make things easier. Why piss about with a map when I can type an address into a sat nav and just follow instructions on the go? The net result is the same with zero hassle for me.

I think they're counter-productive when the traffic snarls up tbh. Before the advent of satnav, when you got into a traffic jam most people would stick with it and only the one road would suffer.

These days, the first thing people do is re-program their sat-nav and hit the roads around the jammed area making the traffic a million times worse!

I think they're counter-productive when the traffic snarls up tbh. Before the advent of satnav, when you got into a traffic jam most people would stick with it and only the one road would suffer.

These days, the first thing people do is re-program their sat-nav and hit the roads around the jammed area making the traffic a million times worse!

source? :lol:

I think if people used their satnavs properly it would massively reduce the traffic problems on the motorways, inner-city stuff will always be a problem.

I think that it's stupid people you have a problem with, not sat-navs

Whore. :)

Less than 3 sodding weeks. :lol:

You do come across as spoilt little rich boy, out of interest what car do you drive and who bought it for you?

How the fuck do I come across as that? <_< I qualify for EMA ffs.

I drive me mam's focus because I'm on the insurance. <_<

source? :lol:

I think if people used their satnavs properly it would massively reduce the traffic problems on the motorways, inner-city stuff will always be a problem.

I think that it's stupid people you have a problem with, not sat-navs

My source is the amount of traffic you see on A roads. The North Orbital Road runs right past our office and the increase of traffic using it in recent years has been ridiculous. And that's without any major incidents on the M25, just volume of traffic. Another example is the amount of idiots who use sat-nav to circum-navigate the congestion charging in London and drive around the city, rather than through it - all they've done is increased the area of congestion.

What's your definition of using a sat-nav properly?? The technology to re-route is there so people are using it. You can hardly blame the person rather than the technology.

There are instances where you can over-engineer. This is one of them IMO.

Craig you are so full of shit on this issue tbh. OMG SAT NAV RUINED MY A ROAD!!111 They're an easy alternative to reading a map, nothing more. If people find an alternative route to a particular destination, so what?

What are you doing on these A-Roads to see all this traffic anyway? Surely you're not causing congestion the same as the dreaded sat-nav users. :D Or are you seriously citing the view from your office window as evidence that sat navs are a menace to society? :lol:

I can't understand how the number of occasions you need to travel somewhere new where you need to find it justifies the cost.

Just an opinion but I think they're just a faddish gadget - nowt wrong with that as it goes (I have plenty of them) but hardly life changing.

Craig you are so full of shit on this issue tbh. OMG SAT NAV RUINED MY A ROAD!!111 They're an easy alternative to reading a map, nothing more. If people find an alternative route to a particular destination, so what?

What are you doing on these A-Roads to see all this traffic anyway? Surely you're not causing congestion the same as the dreaded sat-nav users. <_< Or are you seriously citing the view from your office window as evidence that sat navs are a menace to society? :lol:

Full of shit because it counters your argument?? :D

Never said that people finding an alternative route is wrong, I'm simply pointing that the 'de-camping' onto minor roads has increased ridiculously with the advent of sat-nav.

What I'm doing on these A-roads is my commute to work. I could leave the motorway a bit earlier and cut across a load of fields but I think I might piss off the local farming community :)

For certain people (particularly those who have to go to new places with regularity) then I think they they have a purpose. However I suspect a lot of one-child Mums have them installed in there 4x4s and just have to have them operational when they're doing the 2-mile school run.

Personally I think one of the skills you need as a good driver is to be able to navigate well. I'm not saying that people automatically lsoe this ability when they buy a sat-nav but I think it's a skill that will, over time, be neglected.

BTW, I do actually have a sat-nav system myself - I can just count on one hand the amount of times I've used it <_<

Full of shit because it counters your argument?? :lol:

I don't have an argument, just a sat nav. You're the one twittering on about them being the devil's work. <_<

By the way, this from earlier in the thread:

"Tell me he hasn't wasted his money on one? :D "

...followed by:

"BTW, I do actually have a sat-nav system myself - I can just count on one hand the amount of times I've used it"

Oh dear. <_<

like many things the sat nav system makes life easier for people. i'd actually like one but i don't need one.

where i live its very handy. especially very remote places where i've never been. i guess however i'm lazy and can't be arsed to read a map.

does that necesarilly make me a bad person.

OK, argument was the wrong word - 'opinion' would have been better.

Aye I do have one but not a penny was wasted on it - it came pre-installed on the PDA work gave me. There's no way in hell I'd have bought one with my own money...