For those who do not have kids

bobbyshinton

but plan on doing so, what do you want boy or girl.

I always wanted a boy, got a girl :lol: but then changed my mind and wanted a girl, got a boy :razz:

for me near the best you can get, maybe the boy being older would have been better.

I've always thought I'd like to have two kids, one of each. I did used to think I wanted the girl as the older but now I'm not so sure about that.

But as Gemmill is sure to point out, I need to find a girl to have children with before I start thinking about their gender. :lol:

I need to find a girl to have children with before I start thinking about their gender. :lol:

It's a valid point TBF.

Have two boys here while my sister has a boy and a girl. My neice is a handful so I reckon I got the better deal with the lads LOL. While pregnant tho I wasn't fussed over what sex I wished each child was- all I wanted was a healthy baby.

I always said Id want a lad so I could take him to the match, and generally have him enjoying the things I enjoy. But now (see sig :lol: ), Im not as sure. In all honesty and though its cliche, I just want a healthy one.

On lad or lass though. Both have pro's and con's. For one, as you get older, lasses look after their parents more :razz: Lads when young tend to get into more bother. I dont know, but I can imagine me being over protective of a lass as she grows up (like most I guess).

I think Ive prob thought more about it recently and than simply saying a lad for the obvious reasons.

But, we find out next scan what it is :)

Had a lass first when i was wanting a lad but the second time around i wanted anotrher lass but got a lad. Consider myself a very lucky person to have one of each and for them both to be healthy and good looking like their fatha.

Around the time my Mrs was pregnant with our first one, a few friends and collegues had just had kids, all of them boys, I prefered a boy for all the ladish reason's and I knew deep down I'd be the one that had the girl, and sure enough I did, but from the moment the nurse said "its a girl" I never had one regret.

Since then I've been blessed with two sons and as they get older I hope to do all those ladish activities, although my daughter loves football, probably more so than the boys at the moment.

Had a lass first when i was wanting a lad but the second time around i wanted anotrher lass but got a lad. Consider myself a very lucky person to have one of each and for them both to be healthy and good looking like their fatha.

Thats exactly the way it was for me :lol:

I'd be too protective of a girl and probably ruin her love life by terrifying every toerage that tries to "woo" my little princess.

I'd be most happy with two boys, but I'd definitely want a boy to be eldest. We make better older siblings than girls do.

Sisters just try to be mothers, but lads imo prefer to be mates...

when my mrs was first pregnant I hoped and was convinced it would be a boy for all the blokish reasons....didn't enter my head it would be a girl, but a girl it was.............not disapointed in the least.

she started playing footy as soon as she could walk and now is a key player in a very successful Under 16 team, it's great to see her play.

our second was a girl as well......and although total opposite in every way to her sister, she's great, I love them to bits.

I think every bloke has this image of having a boy...playing footy on the field, rough and tumble, few pints and some swearing together.....but it doesn't often work out like that, certainly didn't with me and my old man!

fathers and daughters...mothers and sons!

Either or. Ideally both. I do like the idea of having a son.t There's the idea of having a son to take to the football etc, but you can do that with a daughter as well. I mean I've got a mam and aunties who love football, and yet my dad isn't interested in football. When I was younger it was my Mam who took me to the games, and she's still got an NUFC season ticket. If I had a daugher, no doubt I'd try my best to pass on the pain and burden of supporting NUFC and I'd encourage her to play the game as well. Just as I would if I had a son.

When we were expecting our first, I wanted a boy and had convinced myself that it was going to be a boy.

Of course it ended up being a girl and I was chuffed to bits.

When the second one was coming along, I knew it was going to be my last and I desperately wanted it to be a boy so that I had one of each.

I got my wish :lol:

I really wouldn't mind in the slightest. I think a lot of people with kids don't realise just how lucky they are, and that each one is a little miracle.

Aye sorry bout that :lol:

When we were expecting our first, I wanted a boy and had convinced myself that it was going to be a boy.

Of course it ended up being a girl and I was chuffed to bits.

When the second one was coming along, I knew it was going to be my last and I desperately wanted it to be a boy so that I had one of each.

I got my wish :razz:

that bis fandabydozy sweetcheeks but what if it was a girl :lol:

On the flip side of this kinda... Im wondering how many would want to know its sex before it was born? We have the next scan in 4 weeks when we can find out the sex if we want. My initial reaction was no, Id rather wait until the birth. but, wor lass rightly said finding out now would makes things easier to prepare. Not a great deal, but still easier. How many of you did find out first or would find out first? Or, like many, would you all rather wait until the birth?

For me it would have to be a boy but then again if it happened to be a girl there's not a chance I'd be disappointed as I gurantee she'd be a stunner like her father. :lol:

For me it would have to be a boy but then again if it happened to be a girl there's not a chance I'd be disappointed as I gurantee she'd be a stunner like her father. :razz:

Pete Doherty in a wig tbh. :lol:

So which part of "for those who do not have kids" did all the parents posting in this thread not understand? :razz:

Sickeningly proud parents don't really need much of an excuse to start boring people about their offspring tbf. :lol:

Dunno for me, a boy would be better for football and stuff but if I had a girl I could scare the shit out of her boyfriends like in Bad Boys II.

For me it would have to be a boy but then again if it happened to be a girl there's not a chance I'd be disappointed as I gurantee she'd be a stunner like her father. :razz:

Pete Doherty in a wig tbh. :lol:

:)

Guest Toplass-101

If I have kids then id not mind what sex it was, obviously id not want a Ginger boy! and if I do have a ginger boy he better be good looking like his mother :lol:

I imagine most football-loving men would want a lad to take to the match etc. A lad would be my preference, but wouldn't exactly be gutted if I had a girl!

I wanted a boy, but it was me who bought him up to like football and took him to a match every week :lol:

If I have kids then id not mind what sex it was, obviously id not want a Ginger boy! and if I do have a ginger boy he better be good looking like his mother :D

You'll need to find a bloke with some bastard strong genes to prevent your bairns from having the ging. :lol: