3 year old girl gone missing in portugal

Smooth Operator

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gill Renwick, a friend of the family, said Mr and Mrs McCann had been having a meal in a tapas restaurant a few hundred yards from the apartment and had been checking on the toddler every half hour.

"She's obviously been taken as she couldn't have gone out on her own and the shutters had been forced open.

McCann family

The McCann family had been holidaying with a larger group

"They're a devoted family and love their children to bits. They live for their children."

Im sorry but thats bollocks, you dont leave a 3 year old alone in an apartment and check on her every half hour or so. And if I'm telling these people how to be parents then theres something seriously wrong! :panic:

Guest alex

Quite harsh to be so judgemental without knowing more about it imo. They'll probably be absolutely hating themselves for having left her.

Quite harsh to be so judgemental without knowing more about it imo. They'll probably be absolutely hating themselves for having left her.

Im not sure it is harsh tbh, one simple fact is that the girl was alone in the room, whether thats because they were out on the piss or not I cant see any valid reason to leave a 3 year old alone in any building let alone in a foreign land.

Guest alex

Im not sure it is harsh tbh, one simple fact is that the girl was alone in the room, whether thats because they were out on the piss or not I cant see any valid reason to leave a 3 year old alone in any building let alone in a foreign land.

I'd rather hear a bit more about it before judging is all I'm saying mate.

Guest alex

Surely i can judge them to be neglecful parents?

I'm sure you can.

Hope the little girl turns up safe and sound, and the parents should get fucking bollocked for doing such a stupid thing like that.

Yeah, Im a big believer in that however for whatever reasons they definitely arent denying leaving her alone. No matter what, even if it was some family emergency such as one of the other kids needing to go to hospital there are two parents therefore one could stay with her while the other went or she goes along as well.

Its easy to judge based on limited "facts" and Im a big believer in not judging however Im happy to change my statement to :

"If its true that they left her alone in a room while going for some scran then theyre shite parents imho tbh"

Yeah, Im a big believer in that however for whatever reasons they definitely arent denying leaving her alone. No matter what, even if it was some family emergency such as one of the other kids needing to go to hospital there are two parents therefore one could stay with her while the other went or she goes along as well.

Its easy to judge based on limited "facts" and Im a big believer in not judging however Im happy to change my statement to :

"If its true that they left her alone in a room while going for some scran then theyre shite parents imho tbh"

I'm with you on that one Pud :panic:

Hope she turns up safe and well :panic:

Theres some nasty fuckers out there to be honest and the parents shouldve been a bit more on the ball. :panic:

Oh no, she wasn't alone, she had her two year old brother and sister with her for company.

Fucking hope the kid's alright - parents should be locked up for leaving them on their own tbh.

I wouldn't even feel right popping to the shop for a pint of milk and leaving Charlotte by herself and she's nearly 5.

Fucking hope the kid's alright - parents should be locked up for leaving them on their own tbh.

I wouldn't even feel right popping to the shop for a pint of milk and leaving Charlotte by herself and she's nearly 5.

I was looking after my 3 1/2 month old nephew for an hour the other day and I felt guilty nipping outside to put his smelly nappy in the bin ffs. :panic:

IF it is true, I'd love to hear their justification for leaving them.

Part and parcel of becoming a parent is waiving the right to come and go as you please, your kids come first and if you can't find adequate care for them, you simply have to change your plans or take them with you. There's been many times when I've either had to say no or cancel plans because my kids welfare has come first.

There is absolute NO justification for leaving 3 children under the age of 4 by themselves just so that you can have a meal by yourselves.

I am sure they are going through a living hell at the moment, but if what is being suggested is true, they're entirely responsible!

I was looking after my 3 1/2 month old nephew for an hour the other day and I felt guilty nipping outside to put his smelly nappy in the bin ffs. :panic:

Which is more irresponsible though, leaving a bairn alone in a hotel room, or leaving them with you? :panic:

IF it is true, I'd love to hear their justification for leaving them.

Part and parcel of becoming a parent is waiving the right to come and go as you please, your kids come first and if you can't find adequate care for them, you simply have to change your plans or take them with you. There's been many times when I've either had to say no or cancel plans because my kids welfare has come first.

There is absolute NO justification for leaving 3 children under the age of 4 by themselves just so that you can have a meal by yourselves.

I am sure they are going through a living hell at the moment, but if what is being suggested is true, they're entirely responsible!

Supposedly they could see the door to their room from the restaurant. The kid was snatched from a window. How different is them doing this to you leaving your kid alone sleeping upstairs while you're downstairs? They probably reasoned that they would be able to see anyone trying to come and go from the room and that they could get away with going and having dinner while just keeping an eye out. Not a wholly unreasonable way of thinking, and the outcome is hardly typical is it?