Allardyce isn't in...yet

Andrew

N-O Overloaded :o

This is good news imo, unless he turns out to be the next souness

Souness was never actually a good manager though, that is the difference

Neither is Allardyce tbh.

His team conceded more than Newcastle this year....and look at our defence.

:D

I wonder if you ever watched us when Keegan was in charge, we nearly won the league in a season and conceded loads yet played quite well and there was a plan B & even C

As someone says, we never actually conceded that many, not as many as Roeder's (bare bones) team, and nowhere near as many as Allardyce's this season. Worst goal difference in the top half Bolton. One of only 2 teams whose GD is negative.

Without Owen we've scored 37, without Anelka's goals they'd be on 35.

Obviously a replacement would be drafted in for Anelka and they'd have scored a few, but I think people are deluding themselves if they think the gulf between Roeder and he is that huge. Allardyce has had a good few years to sort Bolton out (which Roeder never got here) and they finished 16th and 17th before he was able to move them up to top half finishes, he'll not get that chance here.

Give over HP you still flogging this dead horse. :lol:

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N-O Overloaded :lol:

:o

I wonder if you ever watched us when Keegan was in charge, we nearly won the league in a season and conceded loads yet played quite well and there was a plan B & even C

As someone says, we never actually conceded that many, not as many as Roeder's (bare bones) team, and nowhere near as many as Allardyce's this season. Worst goal difference in the top half Bolton. One of only 2 teams whose GD is negative.

Obviously a replacement would be drafted in for Anelka and they'd have scored a few, but I think people are deluding themselves if they think the gulf between Roeder and he is that huge. Allardyce has had a good few years to sort Bolton out (which Roeder never got here) and they finished 16th and 17th before he was able to move them up to top half finishes, he'll not get that chance here.

That's all well and good, goals scored not much better. goal difference negative etc etc BUT the bottom line is "the league table doesn't lie"

Whether Sam is the right man, only time will tell. It will certainly be novel to be organised andhard workin.

N-O Overloaded :D

:icon_lol:

Please don't call my opinion a dead horse, you think aliens killed JFK. And I respect it.

N-O Overloaded :rolleyes:

:angry:

Please don't call my opinion a dead horse, you think aliens killed JFK. And I respect it.

:icon_lol:

:o Did they?

:D

N-O Overloaded :lol:

That's all well and good, goals scored not much better. goal difference negative etc etc BUT the bottom line is "the league table doesn't lie"

Whether Sam is the right man, only time will tell. It will certainly be novel to be organised andhard workin.

Yeah, but if Bolton didn't have Anelka and we had Owen for the full season the table would tell a different (just as true) story.

Only time will tell. But it's interesting to debate nevertheless.

Hope and prey he proves me as stupid as I might well be and takes us storming up to the intertoto next year.

At this moment in time he is precisely the right man.

Because?

Cause above everything we need organising and a re-vamp of the set up. Something he knows a thing or two about from his time at Bolton. His attention to detail and empahsis on player development and motivation and his overall psychological approach (something that some of our player sorely need). IMO Sam will put this background structure in place (and it wil take 2 seasons at least to start showing) and this will be the platform to his legacy. It is exactly what we need. For now the system of play and purchases and other 'on field' stuff although important ( and will be communicated to the side) is not quite as critical as making the base right to take us forward. That is why I feel at this moment he is a godsend. :lol:

Because?

Cause above everything we need organising and a re-vamp of the set up. Something he knows a thing or two about from his time at Bolton. His attention to detail and empahsis on player development and motivation and his overall psychological approach (something that some of our player sorely need). IMO Sam will put this background structure in place (and it wil take 2 seasons at least to start showing) and this will be the platform to his legacy. It is exactly what we need. For now the system of play and purchases and other 'on field' stuff although important ( and will be communicated to the side) is not quite as critical as making the base right to take us forward. That is why I feel at this moment he is a godsend. :lol:

Yeah, but it took him some time. As I say, he finished 16th and 17th in the league. The "Geordie faithful" won't stand for that. We'll have him booed out of the job by Christmas.

Edited by Happy Face

Because?

Yeah, but it took him some time. As I say, he finished 16th and 17th in the league. The "Geordie faithful" won't stand for that. We'll have him booed out of the job by Christmas.

Have faith brother. Destiny awaits...I am sure of it. :o

Because?

Where should the team he had at his disposal have finished in the season they finished 17th ??

His record shows that he has taken a team and developed and improved it to perform far better than it deserves, I'll settle for that.

Because?

Might be worth remembering that the Bolton team that finished 16th and 17th was a newly promoted side looking to establish themselves in the Premiership, not an already established side such as NUFC.

Because?

Sounds ... rivetting. I'm sure Sam Allardyce is the only man in the entire football world with this skill set.

Big Sam may not be the man to lead us to trophy after trophy but i'll take him because he's a forward thinking manager who'll sort us out off the pitch aswell as on it.

Fair enough, people have got a reason to be skeptical after Freddy's last few appointments but Allardyce is probably the best manager we can hope for at this moment in time. Aslong as we don't start going backwards as we have under Souness and Rodder's i'd be willing to give Big Sam time to tinker with the team.

Big Sam may not be the man to lead us to trophy after trophy but i'll take him because he's a forward thinking manager who'll sort us out off the pitch aswell as on it.

Fair enough, people have got a reason to be skeptical after Freddy's last few appointments but Allardyce is probably the best manager we can hope for at this moment in time. Aslong as we don't start going backwards as we have under Souness and Rodder's i'd be willing to give Big Sam time to tinker with the team.

Quoted for truth.

With the amount of attributes being accredited to Allardyce it's a wonder he hasn't quit Bolton and set up an international school of football management.

Can I be the first of many to say: Oh do fuck off you stupid tit.

It's well known the man is head and shoulders above the majority of other managers when it comes to fitness, diets, coaching etc. He took Gary Speed, who every Newcastle fan would admit had lost a yard or two of pace, and made him last for a few more years.

Now i'm not the biggest Allardyce fan and I don't expect immediate results from him but the mans reputation preceeds him. We've been crying out for a manager who knows what he's doing off the pitch and aswell as on it and he's someone who could potentially drag us back into the upper half of the Premiership.

With the amount of attributes being accredited to Allardyce it's a wonder he hasn't quit Bolton and set up an international school of football management.

It's well known the man is head and shoulders above the majority of other managers when it comes to fitness, diets, coaching etc. He took Gary Speed, who every Newcastle fan would admit had lost a yard or two of pace, and made him last for a few more years.

Now i'm not the biggest Allardyce fan and I don't expect immediate results from him but the mans reputation preceeds him. We've been crying out for a manager who knows what he's doing off the pitch and aswell as on it and he's someone who could potentially drag us back into the upper half of the Premiership.

Fuck off yourself. The idea that Fat Sam is the only manager out there with these ideas and methods is laughable.

It's one extreme to the other, Roeder is an absolute buffoon who knows abslutely nothing, Allardyce is a pioneering leading edge expert manager.

What a crock of shite.

Fuck off yourself. The idea that Fat Sam is the only manager out there with these ideas and methods is laughable.

It's one extreme to the other, Roeder is an absolute buffoon who knows abslutely nothing, Allardyce is a pioneering leading edge expert manager.

What a crock of shite.

The only manager? No. The only manager Freddy would touch with a pole the size of my MASSIVE cock? Yes.

Allardyce is fucking Einstein compared to Roeder. You may not like it but if you can put forward a realistic target i'll be all fucking ears.